PDA

View Full Version : Getting back behind bars

cowpatz
1st May 2009, 15:22
Finally reached that stage in life where I can get back on a bike again without either feeling guilty or having to remove my brain and put it in my back pocket.
I have to say that choosing a mount was the easy part....choosing the skin protection however was bloody hard! There is SO much stuff to choose from. I felt like Imelda Marcos trying to select which shoes to wear !
Thanks to this forum I think I made a reasonably informed choice.
I settled on sort of 2 piece leathers from Lifestyle imports. They have a new jacket style in that is really nice...good fit, supple, well made and fits us forty somethings where the six pack stomach has evolved! Their gloves were a no go but the boots were good. Helmet was next up and after a lot of head scratching and tooing and froing I settled on a Caberg Rhyno flip up. The SHARP site gave it a 5 star rating. A fully featured helmet at an excellent price and not too heavy. A set of Strada Testa Corsa gloves finishes it all off.
All going well I should be astride a RF900 before the weekend is out. A toss up between that and a newer GSX750F. The RF is a lot of bike for the $$$$$$.

Damian
1st May 2009, 16:23
Sweet :D! congrats on finding the right gear, its all about looking around really isnt it , and making sure its the right one for you.. im still after my jacket, except all the jackets i want arent in my price range, unfortunately at the moment, i only have $200 to spend on a leather jacket with armor, so i will see how i get on.

cowpatz
2nd May 2009, 10:14
Well they have leather jackets that are not too far from your indicated budget.

cowpoos
12th May 2009, 19:48
Finally reached that stage in life where I can get back on a bike again without either feeling guilty or having to remove my brain and put it in my back pocket.
I have to say that choosing a mount was the easy part....choosing the skin protection however was bloody hard! There is SO much stuff to choose from. I felt like Imelda Marcos trying to select which shoes to wear !
Thanks to this forum I think I made a reasonably informed choice.
I settled on sort of 2 piece leathers from Lifestyle imports. They have a new jacket style in that is really nice...good fit, supple, well made and fits us forty somethings where the six pack stomach has evolved! Their gloves were a no go but the boots were good. Helmet was next up and after a lot of head scratching and tooing and froing I settled on a Caberg Rhyno flip up. The SHARP site gave it a 5 star rating. A fully featured helmet at an excellent price and not too heavy. A set of Strada Testa Corsa gloves finishes it all off.
All going well I should be astride a RF900 before the weekend is out. A toss up between that and a newer GSX750F. The RF is a lot of bike for the $$$$$$.
Nice name dude!!

Mom
12th May 2009, 19:53
Well they have leather jackets that are not too far from your indicated budget.

Nice name dude!!

Geez, I was about to introduce you two, I see you already got here Mr Bovine pooh.

Stone_Duck
12th May 2009, 20:02
Hi went through the same exercise last August after a 15year break from riding, ended up with an RF as well.
Right on about the bang for bucks. I went the codura way with gear & now regret it, tends to slide around on the seat more than I like. Thought they would be more versatile but will end up buying 2pce leathers.

cowpatz
13th May 2009, 09:40
Cowpoos are you a long lost cuz?