PDA

View Full Version : '96 ZX6R or '97 GSXR600?

PHATVW
1st May 2009, 23:25
Hi all, looking to get a 600, what are the main difference between these two? Is one of these more superior than the other? Any problem I should watch out for? Any comment will be greatly appreciated! :woohoo:

cowboyz
1st May 2009, 23:27
what colours are they?

PHATVW
1st May 2009, 23:29
what colours are they?

GSXR is red and black, ZX6R is white and green :yes:

cowboyz
1st May 2009, 23:33
well there you go. green is always better.

TBH, both are very very capable machines. I have never ridden a modern gsxr but the kwaka comes equipped with magic mirrors and a get the fuck out of here in a hurry button both operated at the touch of your right hand.

I like kwakas so it would be a no brainer for me. On the road I challenge anyone to spit the difference. Have you sat on either?

PHATVW
1st May 2009, 23:40
Yea I thought so too. I'm fully a big Kawasaki fan since I just sold my ZXR250C, which was an awesome bike! Will go check out the dealers this weekend hopefully. I guess at the end of the day, it'll really depend on which one "feels" better ay :whistle:

cowboyz
1st May 2009, 23:50
or you could just buy the green one.

imdying
2nd May 2009, 09:01
Yup, you'll definitely have to ride them both. The F series ZX6R feels better for doing longer day rides, and the GSXR feels like a total hoons bike, but is a bit more racey on the wrists. It's actually a prick of a decision, they're both excellent fun to ride. Induction noise on the ZX6R is freakin awesome, they don't need a loud pipe, but a loud pipe on the GSXR suits it really well. Try and stretch to a G model ZX6R if you can though.

PHATVW
2nd May 2009, 16:01
Thanks heaps for the advice! What are the differences between a F and G model of ZX6R? How do you tell? Sorry I'm quite clueless ay :Oops:

NZsarge
2nd May 2009, 16:08
ZX6R but I ride a Kawasaki so..
Also try looking at the first of the Yamaha YZF-R6's.

cowboyz
3rd May 2009, 00:03
spent years getting you off a yamahahahahahha and onto quality and now trying to lead this poor lad astray.

NZsarge
3rd May 2009, 02:18
Hey, if you'll pay for it i'll have a new R1 thanks..

=cJ=
3rd May 2009, 15:36
I'd be angling towards the gixxer, though I would say that now wouldn't I? :p

**hides from coyboyz**

Hiflyer
3rd May 2009, 15:53
y not an 05 zx6r? wasnt that the last of the 636 models? apparently they are way better, according to many reviews

nsrpaul
3rd May 2009, 20:05
flag both of em and go for an r6

imdying
4th May 2009, 09:10
Thanks heaps for the advice! What are the differences between a F and G model of ZX6R? How do you tell? Sorry I'm quite clueless ay :Oops:Whole lot of little differences, they started in 98. They're all old enough that the difference in price should be minimal, so would be worth at least looking for one. Buy on condition though, not model.

Early R6 is a nice enough bike, but you wouldn't want to go far on one, even less so than the GSXR. But having said that, you'd be best to ride one, everybody likes a different riding position.

lankyman
8th May 2009, 20:04
Hi all, looking to get a 600, what are the main difference between these two? Is one of these more superior than the other? Any problem I should watch out for? Any comment will be greatly appreciated! :woohoo:

considered a ZX7R?