PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Boys Day Out event. Check this out!

Wenier
2nd May 2009, 21:43
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Boys Day Out event in Christchurch coming up.

Boys Day Out Christchurch is having a car and bike comp they’re looking for Christchurch’s sexiest car/bike and they’re putting up $1000 prize money.

All you have too do is email them a picture, specs and your details they’ll put them up on their site and the public gets too vote for the top 10.

The top 10 get to show their car/bike at Boys Day Out, 5th Sept, and the public get to choose their favorite, so if your keen check out their site and go to the competition page www.boysdayout.co.nz

So if anyone is keen go for it, its $1000 prize for each catergory being a prize for bike and car not one for the two. So if you have a nice looking bike and would like money for nothing now is your chance.

Hope to see some members bikes there.

98tls
2nd May 2009, 22:01
Wouldnt mind heading up for a look on the day though "boys" day out is of concern,whos running it and how old are they,ive no reason to ride/drive up there to look at a skanky old Honda Prelude/MX5 one inch off the ground driven by some knob that cant even wear a baseball cap the right way round on his head,not a piss take but a serious question.

SDU
3rd May 2009, 11:06
Hey Chics have sexy bikes too!

Wenier
3rd May 2009, 16:44
Hey guys and gals,

Just cause its BOYS Day Out, doesnt mean the ladies arent catered for and hey if your bike is sexier than a boys bike then it might just win.

If you go to the site it will be updated regularly with what is happening on the day as for the top 10 cars and top 10 bikes to go in the show that is decided by the public so hopefully it wont be like you stated 98tls.

Also just cause this is a bike site, if you have a car that you think is up to it enter that as well.

_Shrek_
3rd May 2009, 20:14
Hey guys and gals,

Just cause its BOYS Day Out, doesnt mean the ladies arent catered for and hey if your bike is sexier than a boys bike then it might just win.

:doh: then why is it called the boys day out :calm:

rosie631
3rd May 2009, 21:03
:doh: then why is it called the boys day out :calm:

I went to this last year and it was definitely 'boys' as in the boyracer fraternity.

_Shrek_
3rd May 2009, 21:34
I went to this last year and it was definitely 'boys' as in the boyracer fraternity.

cheers :apint: rosie, I was just puting out the fishing line & caught the wrong fish :whistle:

Dave-
4th May 2009, 22:58
BOYZZZZZZ DAY OUT YAYAAAA!

turn up with my custom paint job (flames) suzuki hyobusa with lowered forks, extended swing arm with like a 10/500 tire, twin turbo, cosmetic lights and mirror ball!

I'll wear my rossi rep helmet and non matching casey stonner ducati leathers.

then I'll spit on the birtten!

rosie631
5th May 2009, 09:27

turn up with my custom paint job (flames) suzuki hyobusa with lowered forks, extended swing arm with like a 10/500 tire, twin turbo, cosmetic lights and mirror ball!

Yep, that's about what it was like. I wouldn't go again.

Wenier
7th May 2009, 11:51

In saying that last year it was based around the paintball tournament more than anything. This year the paintball is just there not a tournament, and we cant help it if the boyracers come out. Its not meant to be aimed at them, but they need something to do like everyone else.

Damn right ya got the wrong fish :woohoo:

Dave-
18th May 2009, 17:21

having said all that I think I might enter the zxr...

Guzza
16th June 2009, 22:46
Where is the venue?

Dave-
16th June 2009, 23:52
dunno, but i have dibs on 4th best in the bikini contest...

been_there
6th July 2009, 10:38
Where is the venue?

Saw they have updated the website since....
"We're hosting this fantastic event at the home of Urban Paintball and the Maize Maze, at 451 Halswell Junction Road, Hornby."

McWild
10th August 2009, 10:50
OI!!!

I just emailed the people running the competition, and they say they have noone entered for the bikes so far, so they probably won't run it.

If you think your bike is even KIND OF cool looking get onto it and shoot off an email.

There's potentially a cool thousand bucks in it for you, and if only just enough people enter then you have one hell of a good chance.

What do you have to lose?