PDA

View Full Version : toffee-nosed twit

750Y
14th March 2005, 05:38
so i throw a couple cans of coke-a-cola in the trunk of the gixxer. pull into the shed at home, cut the engine & straight away i get the smell like toffee is burning.. arrgh you guessed it, one of the cans has sprung a leak and has escaped all over the rear end, i look down at my pipe & wtf??! the coke has burnt away leaving a residue of hard burnt toffee 8-( ...what a twit...

Monsterbishi
14th March 2005, 06:22
Yerg, that's gonna take some effort to remove, their's literally about 1/2cup of sugar in a can of coke, so it's probably caramalised and gone solid by now...

Sniper
14th March 2005, 06:39
Hmmm, just the excuse you wanted for a new rear end

bear
14th March 2005, 07:35
Bugger, bugger and bugger!

ManDownUnder
14th March 2005, 07:47
You need a couple of 2 year olds to come over and lick it...

make sure the cans are cool of course, but they're not going to know it's dirty or wrong...

... no hang on... that's a BAD idea!

Good luck dude... serious suggestion - get a thick flannel... drape it over the sticky patch then pour boiling hot water onto it. The flannel will (hopefully) hold the water ont the toffee long enough to soften/dissolve it a bit.

Do that a couple of times and it'll surely start to move.

Hope there's not perm damage to the cans...

Drunken Monkey
14th March 2005, 10:22
Yerg, that's gonna take some effort to remove, their's literally about 1/2cup of sugar in a can of coke, so it's probably caramalised and gone solid by now...

1/2 a cup IF your cup is quite small...It's actually 30 grams, or about 3 tablespoons.
(where are those pedantic ass html tags when you need them?)

Monsterbishi
14th March 2005, 10:27
My bad, was meant to be 1/8 cup :-) - I sucked at fractions at school :-)

2_SL0
14th March 2005, 11:07
bummer dude, what about a good blat and just burn it off?