PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Grey Weasel
4th May 2009, 11:04
Missed your stall at the start of the year as my bike wasn't up and running back then, am interested in joining the club now I am back riding again.

Methinks I have met a few of you before, down by Prayer Space. Mine was the little blue TZR.

So, I must give you a gold coin and some detail at some stage, yes?

Squiggles
4th May 2009, 12:12
Ill come say hi when i see you down there next, i ride the DR650 thats always there in the morning

ital916
4th May 2009, 12:12
Missed your stall at the start of the year as my bike wasn't up and running back then, am interested in joining the club now I am back riding again.

Methinks I have met a few of you before, down by Prayer Space. Mine was the little blue TZR.

So, I must give you a gold coin and some detail at some stage, yes?

yeah, come to the club meet on fridays. It starts at four in strata *bar at the top of kate edgar*, there are usually a few people there, if not then chillout and us regulars will get there soon enough.

coin donation can go to el presidente stephen *look for the ragged unwashed looking dude who always wears a green hallensteins hoodie and oil covered jeans*.

Welcome, look forward to seeing you on friday.

gavjn
4th May 2009, 12:49
u dont do compsci by any chance do u? pieces fit.....

Grey Weasel
4th May 2009, 13:39
Nay, I do Philosophy and have been mostly parking behind the HSB near the Arts Grad Center. Which I have to ask about as it looked like it was greened in on the map you guys have but I saw a pink sticker ripped up down there. There is a mid age GN250 that parks down there so I assumed it was ok and I try to leave them enough room when I park nexxt to them.

Oh, its a TZR50 (go the moped class) which might help place me for the ones of you I have met already. Otherwise I have been a Shads and Quadside regular for a few years and before that the Balconies and Upper Commons (pre '95).

Slyer
4th May 2009, 18:41
Shibby, will have to have an intense philosophical discussion at some point.

Magua
4th May 2009, 23:42
Balconies and Upper Commons (pre '95).

How long have you been at university for? :S

Real_Wolf
4th May 2009, 23:56
heh, all good, now we have TWO scooter riders.

Do make sure ya come to the chiller on friday, the more the merrier (been getting a little bit sad and empty as of late)

Grey Weasel
5th May 2009, 02:12
lemmi see; 16 years on and off, part time.

My little trz may be moped class but shes fully faired, 2 stroke with 1 down 5 up gears and front and rear disks on 16/17" rims.

And she goes at 'speed' - speedo only goes to 60 but there is a speed light round further on the dial :)

oh here, pics speak words http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4279&id=1644146293&l=24c01ce456

Slyer
5th May 2009, 09:07
That my friend is not a scooter!
Engine size does not matter, she's a motorcycle all right. :)

We were actually all having a good look at your bike a few months ago.

Real_Wolf
5th May 2009, 09:47
ah, now i recognise it, i've seen that aroudn science a few times

macros87
5th May 2009, 11:32
that looks like it would be fun to flick around on corners, must be super light! is it registered as a moped?

Grey Weasel
5th May 2009, 14:10
that looks like it would be fun to flick around on corners, must be super light! is it registered as a moped?

Just under a year of riding time so 'flick' is not how I do corners just yet :)

But yes, super light is one way of putting it, sits about 100kg wet :) Although my fairing is fibreglass so it might be a bit more than spec'.

And yeah, 'N' class registration (just paid $77 for the year) so no wof etc although I really must learn some maintainance skillz rather soon as I have none and my mechanic has fled back to Welly. Anyone know much about tuning 2 strokes? And methinks the exhaust needs a caustic soda clean and new gasket fitted so hints appreciated :)

Phurrball
6th May 2009, 00:54
lemmi see; 16 years on and off, part time.

My little trz may be moped class but shes fully faired, 2 stroke with 1 down 5 up gears and front and rear disks on 16/17" rims.
(snip)

¡Hola! and welcome!

Darn and gosh it all... I'm no longer the club perpetual-student record-holder. You take that gong now! (I only make *cough* 11 years full/part time over 3 degrees)

Nice little bike that :yes:

Phurrball
6th May 2009, 01:03
Double post goddam it, soz~!

motorbyclist
6th May 2009, 02:07
Anyone know much about tuning 2 strokes? And methinks the exhaust needs a caustic soda clean and new gasket fitted so hints appreciated :)

yeah me and stephen know a thing or two.... just ask and we'll answer, preferably before you do something silly:)

btw in those pics it would seem your transmission fluid was/is low.....

Grey Weasel
6th May 2009, 06:59
yeah me and stephen know a thing or two.... just ask and we'll answer, preferably before you do something silly:)

btw in those pics it would seem your transmission fluid was/is low.....

lol, yeah the preference is before I do stupids. Mind you, not mechanically inclined so hesitant to touch things till I know more. Had a pet mechanic for a while but he has flow the city.

So if the fluid was low, then it still is. Had asked my mech about fluid levels and he said it was fine atm, guess he thought he'd be round longer to correct it. What, where and how to fix this plz.

All advice welcome, including how to tune a 2stroke - she burns a bit o oil atm as I had to get a new throttle cable (well the oil pump section down to 2 strands o steel) made up at a BMX shop (cables and nipples too small for Atomic Wreckers to stock, bastards) and its been fitted to run but not well as it took me a devils time to work out how to refit it as I hadn't removed it.

As for my perpetual studentness, '93 was my 1st year, failed, thrown out of home and took a year off. '95/6 were working here and then from '98 onwards a few papers a semester baring a spot of academic suspension due to over failure. And for all that, a single BA (phil and geog) to show for it. So while perpetual, not very good. Now I need to get/keep a B+ over my PGDip to get into an MA, guess its time to be more serious about stuff :)

Real_Wolf
6th May 2009, 09:09
heh, I'm pushing for a fixit day this weekend (because I have a new bike that needs some work done on it too), so hopefully we can help you do some of those things if you can get to it

motorbyclist
6th May 2009, 11:34
So if the fluid was low, then it still is. Had asked my mech about fluid levels and he said it was fine atm, guess he thought he'd be round longer to correct it. What, where and how to fix this plz.

it may have just been the sidestand tilting all the oil away for the marker

All advice welcome, including how to tune a 2stroke - she burns a bit o oil atm as I had to get a new throttle cable (well the oil pump section down to 2 strands o steel) made up at a BMX shop (cables and nipples too small for Atomic Wreckers to stock, bastards) and its been fitted to run but not well as it took me a devils time to work out how to refit it as I hadn't removed it.

you do realise these are MEANT to burn oil, right? if they don't (ie, the pump fails) they sieze

Grey Weasel
6th May 2009, 11:59
you do realise these are MEANT to burn oil, right? if they don't (ie, the pump fails) they sieze

lol, yes, I know they are oil burners, tis why I pulled her off the road the moment I found the oil pump cable worn near through. Its just the shiny green motul 710 I feed her is expensive and shes burning more than she used to and its extra smokey. And cos the cables haven't been adjusted beyond 'running' I should get her tuned, figuring that I am just jumping more oil than needed with an over open oil pump. Better than not enough I am sure but not ideal. Extra reason to soak out (or burn out) the chamber and can at some stage soon as it'll be sooty.