PDA

View Full Version : NZ Headlight CB 750 Seven Fifty

Nicky
4th May 2009, 17:50
Hi all,
new in NZ (Dunedin) and my 2001 Honda CB 750 seven fifty is with me. It needs a NZ headlight to get it on the road as it was registred in Germany, i.e. right spotting headlight. So maybe anyone out there can give me some advise, where I may get it from (ok, ask Honda and let the pants down for it, that's one option...got that...). Unfortunately, Honda Otago had to close their doors just when I arrived. Maybe a CB 1300 would do as well, or a CB 1000 SF ?
Cheers

98tls
4th May 2009, 17:52
If you have the part number you should be able to cross reference it with other Hondas online fwiw.

LardEmbargo
4th May 2009, 18:02
hiya, have you tried asking Mr Malcolm at Econohonda (http://www.econohonda.co.nz/) ?

they were really helpful when I emailed them anyway, could be worth a try.

Bonez
6th May 2009, 13:45
Hi all,
new in NZ (Dunedin) and my 2001 Honda CB 750 seven fifty is with me. It needs a NZ headlight to get it on the road as it was registred in Germany, i.e. right spotting headlight. So maybe anyone out there can give me some advise, where I may get it from (ok, ask Honda and let the pants down for it, that's one option...got that...). Unfortunately, Honda Otago had to close their doors just when I arrived. Maybe a CB 1300 would do as well, or a CB 1000 SF ?
CheersPop into a local motorcycle wreckers with your head light unit. They'll most likely have a lense that will fit your back shell or rim section.

Econohondas been mentioned.

EMGO(WFO) list a complete 7" H4 helogen headlight for around $100 including black plastic backshell. Should be able to get them through any bike shop.

Highlander
6th May 2009, 14:04
hiya, have you tried asking Mr Malcolm at Econohonda (http://www.econohonda.co.nz/) ?

they were really helpful when I emailed them anyway, could be worth a try.

Welcome to KB and NZ.
My CB is a few years older than yours but effectively the same.
I got a stone chip / crack in my headlight. I got a light from a wrecker for $20 but it doesn't fit the back shell so is sitting on the bench in the garage.
EMGO list a 7" H4 helogen headlight for around $100 including black plastic backshell. Should be able to get them through any bike shop. That is about half what econohonda suggested a replacement would cost, sounds like a good bet.