PDA

View Full Version : New development facility opened

Pumba
4th May 2009, 21:08
Well the weekend saw the opening of the PIG Racing (always wanted a team name even if it is only me:shutup:)development facility with the first work being undertaken within its walls.

Even in one of the photos I managed to catch the teams Fabrication Technical Director in action.

The location is top secret and not yet properly set up with many tool yet to be transfered from storage and the old temporary facility, but I managed to conceal my cellphone and get away a few quick snaps to show the potential, and it is for this reason I apologise for the quality.

Pumba
4th May 2009, 21:09
And a few more.

Really just a chance to show it off before it gets filled up with crap and you can hardly move round

The Stranger
4th May 2009, 21:14
Fooken cool workshop - I want one!

Pete said you were loosing it, but I didn't realise you was so bald.

Yow Ling
4th May 2009, 21:16
Bit of a shame you could only get the little shed , but then I suppose we are in the midst of a recession. You will have to make do as best you can

Pumba
4th May 2009, 21:25
Fooken cool workshop - I want one!

Pete said you were loosing it, but I didn't realise you was so bald.

Christ im not that bald.............yet, what you are looking at is purely a snapshot of my future:crazy:

Bit of a shame you could only get the little shed , but then I suppose we are in the midst of a recession. You will have to make do as best you can

Yes, the cost of finacing in the current economic climit did result in a reduction in size from the original design, however the building has been developed with the potential of future expansion in mind when fiscal situation improves:devil2:

Skunk
4th May 2009, 21:42
That's what I need... I could fill that easy eh?

SHELRACING
4th May 2009, 23:06
You lucky bastard,

If only I had a workshop like that I'd move in, I could have me beer fridge in one corner wiv a sofa and tv, might have room for the bed too. I'm sooo jealous :violin:,

craisin
5th May 2009, 05:28
looks good

laserracer
5th May 2009, 06:43
Nice workshop ..and cool racing tractor..:woohoo:

F5 Dave
5th May 2009, 09:21
Hmm, . . . Throw a few tyres around, couple of flags.

yer know it's like the Slipway only covered!

Anything's got to be better than Mt Wgtn in the wet.

Buckets4Me
5th May 2009, 18:35

was thinking the same thing all weather race track :whistle:

timg
5th May 2009, 18:36
And a few more.

Really just a chance to show it off before it gets filled up with crap and you can hardly move round Nice Moto Guzzi parked in the corner :whistle:

DELLORTO
5th May 2009, 19:40
"team pig racing" aye?? where do you sigh up? :whistle:

Pumba
5th May 2009, 20:46
"team pig racing" aye?? where do you sigh up? :whistle:

Hmmm, you will need to put on about 70kg before you even get close to meeting stage 1 of the entry criteria:lol:

Once you have done that we can discuss stage two.

Pumba
5th May 2009, 20:50

was thinking the same thing all weather race track :whistle:

Well if we throw in a short off road gravel section we can match up with a with this nice area (note: for those people that I will know will point out the obvious, the photo is tacken durring construction and the finish surface is now solid) . Even has some elevation change.

Pumba
5th May 2009, 21:01
You lucky bastard,

If only I had a workshop like that I'd move in, I could have me beer fridge in one corner wiv a sofa and tv, might have room for the bed too. I'm sooo jealous :violin:,

No, if I was lucky it would be on my door step. Alas it is a small drive south from my location but I do consider myself rather fortunate to have it at my disposal whenever I need it.

And why waste a corner of the work area with all the items you mentioned. I may have failed to note that the area with the two smaller doors is in two levels, with the upper area about the right size for a two bedroom unit, so they say:whistle:

Pumba
5th May 2009, 21:09
..and cool racing tractor..:woohoo:

Nice Moto Guzzi parked in the corner :whistle:

It worries me that you are both talking about a Massy Ferg 35:crazy:

timg
5th May 2009, 21:23
It worries me that you are both talking about a Massy Ferg 35:crazy: Nuttin wrong with Fergie's, I enjoyed mucking around on my TEA28 when I has a few acres to potter about on ........ but Guzzi's :sick:

Sideways Sam
9th May 2009, 17:52
The last time I checked, Moronsville wasn't a "short drive" from the city but hell it's worht it for a shed like that.........

Dude, It beats building engines on the kitchen bench in my apartment........

So you've got the cool ute, seriously cool folding aluminium ramps and the workshop from hell. How about putting some effort into the bike? you could start with fork seals, your fabrication engineer could just run a bloody big weld around where the seals used to be, that'd stop them leaking........

Pumba
9th May 2009, 18:07
How about putting some effort into the bike? you could start with fork seals

New seals went in today, so hopefully that solves that one of my problems. Been doing some measuring of sags etc and am chopping down some spacers so I can use the RG springs which are looking the best option I have at the moment