PDA

View Full Version : 2000 GSXR750(Y) for sale

750Y
8th October 2003, 14:40
Hey guys I have a 2000 gsxr750 blue/white I need to sell. I need the cash for a big retaining wall at home. My price is $10k flat. It has around 38ks. I have spent plenty on this bike. it will likely WHIP anything you can find for $10k. it goes/stops/handles. I will include a big bunch of spares including an 8000km 01 engine for $11k. It was 'bike of the year' 2000 for a reason & 2002 also with only a colour change. I am not taking swaps/offers/deals. only serious enquiries...PLEASE

Arven
31st October 2003, 08:56
Hey, Would you be interested in selling the 01 engine separately? How much?

Cheers,

750Y
3rd November 2003, 11:59
My price on the bike has gone down to $9K. It's just clocked over 40k. or $10K with all spares. I want to give priority of choice to the buyer regarding the engine. If/when the bike sells & the buyer is too broke/stupid not to buy the engine too I will definitely sell it separately & it'll go for around $700 dollars.

I will keep You in mind Arven regarding the engine.
thanks for your interest.

In the interests of selling the bike I will expand a little.
The bike has the following mods/accessories.
ebc HH pads, k&N filter, Full Highmount race exhaust system w Ti Can, PowerCommander II, ape adj cam sprockets, revised cam timing, 5 angle valve job w new guides,ported/polished/flowbenched head @26k, g/box rebuilt @17k, Timing Retard Eliminator, Pair valve mod, new chain/sprockets/battery/irridium plugs @30k, Custom mapped on dyno, suzuki gel seat, double bubble screen, pack rack, headlght protector. bla bla bla.
cheers

Drunken Monkey
3rd November 2003, 20:59
G'day,

What's the status of the WOF/Rego, or is this a balls-to-the-wall race-on-the-track bike only (prolly not, with H/L protectors, but the question had to be asked!)
If so, I've probably got a solution that will make you (and Arven) happy.

rgds,

Al.

750Y
4th November 2003, 15:43
Hey Drunken Monkey, the warrant & rego go till next year some time(feb or may, i forget exactly).
It's my daily ride. The bike has never been raced.
A few of the other parts have been bought up now(front end, back end, rearsets etc.) but i still have the engine/electrics and a few other bits left.
talk to me.

update: i will sell the engine/electrics on friday unless a deal is sorted. the price of the bike just went down to $8700 or $9500 for the lot.
If anyone wants in they better make a noise this week.
I also have some race fairings which will fit gsxr600 01-03 & gsxr750 00-03 for $250.
my number is 09 292 4481.
thanks
...Dave

Drunken Monkey
4th November 2003, 17:08
Cool (not that I mind if it's been taken on a few healthy thrashes to 'blow out the ol' cobwebs' now and then).

Can I give you a call?

750Y
6th November 2003, 09:04
Well the engine is gone & it looks like the bike is sold too.(congrats to Drunken Monkey on an unbeatable deal).
still have the race fairings for $200 tho, which must go too.
cheers all. now i can go build my retaining wall 8-).

Motoracer
6th November 2003, 09:37
So what will you ride after you sell the 7 fiddy then?

750Y
6th November 2003, 09:48
the lawnmower. 8-(

Motoracer
6th November 2003, 10:20
you should've saved the '01 engine for the lawnmower :eek:

750Y
6th November 2003, 10:53
lol, i thought about it, but if my foot slipped I'd be up the nearest tree or through the shed wall. 8-)

wari
6th November 2003, 16:20
I dont understand :confused: ... why would ya swap a bike for a retaining wall ??? Summers coming for criking out loud !

750Y
6th November 2003, 17:05
Originally posted by wari
I dont understand :confused: ... why would ya swap a bike for a retaining wall ??? Summers coming for criking out loud !

Well it's part of a major landscaping project at home which will include an in-deck pool, kids play area etc.
It's about time I got the surfboards out too since they're my biggest passion & I might go to hawaii next year so I need to get in some practise & train for it.

Coldkiwi
7th November 2003, 00:11
Dave, take my advice. If you want to get a two wheeled fix or sorts in hawaii, hire a scooter. There are thousands available in Honolulu. And if you want to look like a local instead of a tourist, get an older scooter and figure out how to carry your surf board on it! (and if you do go and haven't been before, lemme know and I'll give you some hot tips on where to avoid and where to go.. we live there for 2 1/2 years) :)

But Wari's got a point... I hope its a nice retaining wall!!

750Y
7th November 2003, 07:49
Thanks CK, Wow! that musta been pretty cool living in Hawaii.
I have surfed in Hawaii before and by the time I get a good tan I look like a native, not a 'haole'. It's funny 'da kine boys' always give me the salute(not the middle finger one either 8-) except for the time my mate was driving on the left hand side 8-( ).