PDA

View Full Version : Warrant - Where to get?

BNZ
14th March 2005, 15:52
OK, I work and live in wellington CBD and need to get my bike in for a warrant out of business hours (ie before 7:30 or after 5:30). I have been to VTNZ tory st 3 times and the 1 guy capable of doing bike warrants has a differnent excuse every time as to why he is too busy. Can anyone reccomend somewhere central that I can drop my bike in before 7:30 ish and pick it up after 5:30? Or somewhere that will do it on the spot?

crashe
14th March 2005, 16:15
If the guy at the VTNZ Tory St has refused to do it 3 times....
Then ask to speak to his boss.... the guy is employed to do WOF's on bikes and cars.... and this dude is allowed to do them for bikes.
This is unexceptable behaviour.

It don't matter what his excuse is.... he is employed to check your bike out to get a current WOF.

The fact that you have been back 3 times as well.

Im sorry I dont know any place in Wellington as Im not from around that way.... the others from the Wellington area should be able to help you out.

madboy
14th March 2005, 16:20
I generally use TSS in LH and get a loan bike, but kinda helps that I live out that way to start with!! I believe they offer a free pickup and delivery service.

BNZ
14th March 2005, 16:36
I generally use TSS in LH and get a loan bike, but kinda helps that I live out that way to start with!! I believe they offer a free pickup and delivery service.

Hmmm, maybe for a service, but I doubt they do all that just for a warrant!! Im just glad my bike didnt fall over in that wee shake this morning! :confused:

merv
14th March 2005, 16:40
OK, I work and live in wellington CBD and need to get my bike in for a warrant out of business hours (ie before 7:30 or after 5:30). I have been to VTNZ tory st 3 times and the 1 guy capable of doing bike warrants has a differnent excuse every time as to why he is too busy. Can anyone reccomend somewhere central that I can drop my bike in before 7:30 ish and pick it up after 5:30? Or somewhere that will do it on the spot?

Won't Sawyers/Motorad look after you at that hour?

Velox
14th March 2005, 23:01
Weird - I always go there - just wander in and pay my $ and ride in through the cars to the middle bit (and sometimes have to wait a few minutes). How can you give them the option - as in when do they actaully get a chance to say that they can't do it? You do go into the office right beside the gargre not the licencing bit down the drive right?

BNZ
15th March 2005, 07:13
Weird - I always go there - just wander in and pay my $ and ride in through the cars to the middle bit (and sometimes have to wait a few minutes). How can you give them the option - as in when do they actaully get a chance to say that they can't do it? You do go into the office right beside the gargre not the licencing bit down the drive right?

Apparently they lost a "mechanic" last week so only have one motorbike mechanic. They close at 5 and i turned up at 4:50 last week but he had to be somewhere in the hutt at 5:30 so was leaving. I went again on friday and he was at lunch, and he made some prommise about being there at 7:30 the next morning, then changed his mind! :angry2: Do sawyers do warrants?

Jonty
15th March 2005, 07:23
TSS will pick up for a warrant, but you will have to head out to get it. Usually Stew is there most nights so you can catch a train out there after work and grab it. Usually what I do as it ia a hassle when VTNZ require somehing fixed, may as well have a mechanic on the spot. :spudwave:

F5 Dave
15th March 2005, 09:02
I use Richards M’cycles in J’ville. Helps to ring & book a Saturday (think that’s when he does all warrants) then I just wander around J’ville for a time & have something from the excellent Nada bakery.

Yes that’s strange why young women get prompt service at VTNZ. :confused:

Slingshot
15th March 2005, 10:07
Do sawyers do warrants?

They sure do.

In the CBD you could choose from:
Sawyers/Motorad
WGTN Motorcycles
Boyles Motorcycyles

madboy
15th March 2005, 12:57
Yes that’s strange why young women get prompt service at VTNZ. :confused:I wasn't gonna be the first to say it, but now that you have... Don't know if it's limited to just VTNZ

DarkNinja
15th March 2005, 16:28
Hmmm, maybe for a service, but I doubt they do all that just for a warrant!! Im just glad my bike didnt fall over in that wee shake this morning! :confused:
Done before, they pick it up and i ussually go in and pay for it when its ready to go.
Otherwise if you organised to leave it ont the kerbside of sawyer/motorrad they would probably pick itup when they open and do it and leave it there for afterwards, oh and allthey do is charge the cost to your name on an account, funky eh?

Velox
15th March 2005, 22:47
I wasn't gonna be the first to say it, but now that you have... Don't know if it's limited to just VTNZ
Exxxxxcellent. :shifty:

I've got to get my warrant done soon so I hope they get it all sorted. I always go to VTNZ because they've always passed my bike and I'm guessing bike shops would be more picky (for good reasons of course).

madboy
15th March 2005, 23:34
Exxxxxcellent. :shifty:

I've got to get my warrant done soon so I hope they get it all sorted. I always go to VTNZ because they've always passed my bike and I'm guessing bike shops would be more picky (for good reasons of course).My experience of VTNZ with cars is a shocker - they pinged my rally car on brakes (hello - race pads don't do bugger all when cold) and lack of sunvisors (roll cage, visor would be permanently down and so in your face). Yet they seemed to have no problem with the roll cage itself and it's lack of padding in the critical areas and the diagonal bar running right smack across the middle of the back seat... didn't even ask to check the MANZ logbook to see if the cage and harnesses were allowed in the first place.