PDA

View Full Version : I thought I would introduce myself

R6Genesis
6th May 2009, 07:43
Hi, my name is Todd, I have about 10k miles under my belt in 3 years, I live in the US right Now, But my family and I are setting into motion moving plans to NZ. Alot of paperwork. I ride a FZR600 that is skined with a R6 upper fairing, head light, seat and tail, Dash, a YZF600 tank, and FZR side fairings. It is the one Vechicle we are planning on bringing with us. should be able to fit it in the Container. I have a bunch of pict's on it HERE (http://www.tjldesign.net/Bike/FZR). Still working on it. Have a good one. Cheers. Todd

sondela
6th May 2009, 10:57
Hi Todd,
welcome to KB and ultimately, to NZ :sunny:

Travel safe..

nice umm..bike part pics..

naphazoline
6th May 2009, 13:06
Hiya Todd.

Welcome onboard KB,and you're gonna LOVE the riding here in New Zealand.:yes:

jim.cox
6th May 2009, 14:03
Welcome to the Madhouse :)

varminter
6th May 2009, 19:21
We ride on the other side of the road so you'll have to swap your bars around:whistle:

R6Genesis
7th May 2009, 07:58
Thankyou for the welcome; it will be a long process to immigrate.

nice umm..bike part pics..sorry, I will have some better pics next couple of weeks, the r6 tail is getting installed.

We ride on the other side of the road so you'll have to swap your bars around:whistle:
:argh: I knew it would not work to bring an american bike to NZ ;), Ahhh wait its a yamaha, the japenese drive on the other side of the road too, so were good.

NZsarge
7th May 2009, 08:06
Welcome dude, don't feed the animals here on KB :laugh:

Furbiewankenobi
7th May 2009, 08:14
Hi Todd,

Welcome to KB. And congratulations on making the decision to come to NZ. It's the best one you'll ever make!

Furbie

Bend-it
7th May 2009, 09:53
Just one thing to note when you get here mate... There are these things with have here that you may not be very familiar with in the US...

When you want to go somewhere that is not straight ahead, sometimes the roads bend and you have to turn the bike to stay on the road, otherwise there are hillsides, gullies, streams and other pokey things you could run into.

Sometimes the bends are quite sharp, which may require your bike to lean.

;););)

I'm sure you'll work it out... :woohoo:

Squid
7th May 2009, 18:19
Sweet you'll love it here dude :) What part of NZ you planning on living?

R6Genesis
8th May 2009, 03:21
Hi Todd,

Welcome to KB. And congratulations on making the decision to come to NZ. It's the best one you'll ever make!

Furbie
It was a tough one

Just one thing to note when you get here mate... There are these things with have here that you may not be very familiar with in the US...

When you want to go somewhere that is not straight ahead, sometimes the roads bend and you have to turn the bike to stay on the road, otherwise there are hillsides, gullies, streams and other pokey things you could run into.

Sometimes the bends are quite sharp, which may require your bike to lean.

;););)

I'm sure you'll work it out... :woohoo:
So let me get this straight, you actually lean your bike to turn:eek5: How does that work? :sweatdrop
Actually we have a bunch of twisties where I live, it is alot of fun.;) although A nice 482km straight road is really fun to ride:wacko:. NOT!!!

Sweet you'll love it here dude :) What part of NZ you planning on living?
anywhere I can find a job, i'm a Architectural/Civil Designer, know of anyone hiring?

hayd3n
8th May 2009, 06:49
nice bike choice you'll love it here do track days!!!!!!!!!!!!

fredie
14th May 2009, 02:06
can i have 1 pic of your finished yzf r6 project :clap:

DarkLord
14th May 2009, 02:37
Out of curiosity - in the US, is the throttle and front brake on the right, and clutch on the left, same as here? or the other way round?

Welcome to our humble country too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the roads around here.

LBD
14th May 2009, 02:57
Ahhh wait its a yamaha, the japenese drive on the other side of the road too, so were good.

Gidday....but we are down under as well so you will also need to turn your forks up the otherway in the triple clamp...

R6Genesis
14th May 2009, 03:12
can i have 1 pic of your finished yzf r6 project :clap: Sure.

Out of curiosity - in the US, is the throttle and front brake on the right, and clutch on the left, same as here? or the other way round?

Welcome to our humble country too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the roads around here. Other way around......... Not. ;) it is the same.

Gidday....but we are down under as well so you will also need to turn your forks up the otherway in the triple clamp...
Invert my forks??? that is going to make the bike ride upsdie down. ;)

DarkLord
14th May 2009, 15:42
Other way around......... Not. ;) it is the same.

Thank Gawd. I want to move to the US someday and ride over there. Glad I won't have to learn everything backwards!!

fredie
14th May 2009, 17:18

are you for real
:gob:

DarkLord
14th May 2009, 17:22
Of course I'm for real. Why would I post it if not?

They drive on the other side of the road over there, so everything inside the cars is on the opposite side. So I thought bikes might be the same as well, but I'm not sure. Which is why I asked.

Laxi
14th May 2009, 18:30

so the saying would be keep it shiney side down????:crazy:

nice projrct you got going there, slowly building a r6 huh? just keep your hands in the car at all times and watch the freaks! ... yeah carver I'm talking about you and you know it:bleh:

Monie
14th May 2009, 19:33
welcome dude, don't feed the animals here on kb :laugh: hay
my neighbours an animal mad cow . Lol

welcome to nz move down our way we are nicer this end and the roads are better .but not as good as the south island they are mint...

_Shrek_
15th May 2009, 07:07
welcome to nz move down our way we are nicer this end and the roads are better .but not as good as the south island they are mint...

welcome to KB Todd like the lady said the south Island is the place to :ride: plenty of work with your skills & the peope as my aunty Tina would say "simply the best" :wari: other wise why would the norfies come down to :drinknsin :drinkup: :corn: wif us :laugh:

rosie631
15th May 2009, 07:11
Of course I'm for real. Why would I post it if not?

They drive on the other side of the road over there, so everything inside the cars is on the opposite side. So I thought bikes might be the same as well, but I'm not sure. Which is why I asked.

Logical question. I wondered the same.
Yep, come to the South.

_Shrek_
15th May 2009, 07:38

Welcome to our humble country too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the roads around here.

are you for real
:gob:

not to worry Darklord I think the reason he asked is hes from Oz :spanking: & doesn't know shit anyway :Pokey: