PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a bike in C'Church

Oxtail
9th May 2009, 08:43
Hi All

I've been browsing KiwiBiker for a while now, just to keep an eye on things before we eventually move to NZ in about 2 yrs time. We currently live and work in London, but as I'm married to a Kiwi (with 2 kids and a dog), it's nice and easy on the immigration front when we eventually move!

Whilst it's a while away, am already considering my biking options when I get there, usual stuff like shipping the bike (FZS 600) or buying over there but don't have to make any decisions just yet. Am a bit concerned when we move that I'll miss riding across Europe, just come back from a 3000 mile, 5 day 7 country break in Europe and loved it. Made a top speed of about 125mph on the autobahn, but the average was about 95mph through the Alps. Not bad for an 02 FZS with 40k miles on the clock!

Anyway, I've been to NZ 3/4 times already, and have done a fair bit of travelling around, got married in Mona Vale, C'Church, driven around both South & North Islands (not that extensively though), done the Milford Track etc etc, and am back over there with the missus and kids all of Dec 09.

So this year, I've decided to hire a bike out in C'Church and see what the riding's like over there. I've a family friend offering to take me riding one day, but was wondering if there's anyone out there interested in showing me some good roads for a day mid Dec?

Also, any recommendations for bike hire in C'Church would be welcomes, I've found a few firms online, but always prefer going somewhere that's recommended.

Ta

JW

Mr Triple
9th May 2009, 09:07
Hi Oxtail and welcome to KB
When you get here in December put something up in the meetings and events thread. Always something on at that time of year. For a rental bike give Blair a call at Rentatriumph here in Christchurch he's a good fellow who would help you out.

http://rentatriumph.co.nz/

_Shrek_
15th May 2009, 07:24
Hi Oxtail and welcome to KB
When you get here in December put something up in the meetings and events thread. Always something on at that time of year. For a rental bike give Blair a call at Rentatriumph here in Christchurch he's a good fellow who would help you out.

http://rentatriumph.co.nz/

hiya Oxtail welcome to KB like Bent said Blair is good to deal with & there is also City Scooters www.cityscooters.co.nz (Brent) they have a wide range of bikes as well & good to deal with, that way you can see how the $$ stack up

SDU
16th May 2009, 15:34
Yip they are both good people:niceone:
Welcome. While you are here check out some rallies as well, keep an on the meetings thread (canterbury) to see what is happening.