PDA

View Full Version : Winter drags 2009

Crazy Steve
9th May 2009, 16:04
Winter drag Wars starts July the 14th 2009....

Anyone a starter ? ?

Crazy Steve.

revlikeshit
11th May 2009, 21:31
Will definately make it..

Will either be on an fzr250r exup or oldschool gsx750.
Have raced there before btw.. ran the gsx, but was having probs with the g/box, sorted now. Use to drag my rgv150 too.
Mates are coming with cars too,will have to show them up aha.

mugins
12th May 2009, 08:31
Winter drag Wars starts July the 14th 2009....

Anyone a starter ? ?

Crazy Steve.

I think you mean June The 14th

mugins
22nd May 2009, 15:38
bump--
Winter drag series getting nearer,would be great to see whole bunch of bikes turn up and give it a go.Hopefully 6 heading down from up North!!:2guns::soon:

Crazy Steve
22nd May 2009, 18:48
I think you mean June The 14th

Yeah your right, the 14th of June....

Hoping to get the Busa down the strip a few times....:soon:

Crazy Steve...

HDTboy
23rd May 2009, 12:14
Are tyre warmers allowed?

revlikeshit
23rd May 2009, 18:12
As long as your bikes up to wof standard you can do anything you want...

HDTboy
23rd May 2009, 18:58
No race bikes then?

mugins
24th May 2009, 09:44
No race bikes unless they have wof and reg,but sometimes they may let you do acouple of passes at lunch time??? pay to ask Fram's :no:

jrandom
24th May 2009, 10:27
Betty and I might make it along.

Korumba
24th May 2009, 10:31
I am keen to give it another go... be good to see you fallers from the Norf as well.

Chooky
1st June 2009, 14:33
I take it this is Meremere....? Not Queen St..

Morcs
2nd June 2009, 13:12
How many rounds is the series?

mugins
3rd June 2009, 13:07
How many rounds is the series?

Six meets first one on 14 June then 28/6, 12/7, 26/7, 9/8 and 30 August...:scooter:

NDORFN
3rd June 2009, 15:23
What kind of times are bikes getting on the quater? Is there an official fastest street legal bike in NZ?

revlikeshit
5th June 2009, 23:24
Seen peeps doing mid 9's at nightspeed.. duno what the record is tho.

ICE180
8th June 2009, 19:02
Might come down to the drags to see what the scooter can do hehehhe

revlikeshit
8th June 2009, 19:32
Yea, you should come more bikes(and scooters) the better, i use to run my rgv150, no shame in running something small.... ill either be running a old gsx750 or an fzr 250, just depends whats ready this time round.

ICE180
8th June 2009, 20:46
Have been once before on the scooter best time was 18.????

have done a few mods since so hopefully a little quciker

revlikeshit
9th June 2009, 18:01
Would be good to see.....

Best time on my rgv150(thats the aircooled version btw) was 15.9sec....
Fzr 2fiddy should be 14's all day long, maybe 14 flat or 13.9 on a good run.

Wana see some boyracers get hazed by a scooter, yaya.

ICE180
10th June 2009, 20:34
how do you know if they are cancelled due to weather ????
is it published on the fram drag site

Chrislost
11th June 2009, 07:59
What kind of times are bikes getting on the quater? Is there an official fastest street legal bike in NZ?

My 05 750 did a 10.462@ 216km.

They wont let me take the racebike down as it never has/had/will have a WOF.:rolleyes:

Kirill357
12th June 2009, 20:51
how do you know if they are cancelled due to weather ????
is it published on the fram drag site

Give them a call at 0800372472 on the day of race, usually if weather is shit they have recorded message if its canceled or not

mugins
13th June 2009, 20:18
Bugger, wont be racing tomorrow because this dum arse tired to remove one of his fingers when getting bike ready:doctor:after 3 hours in A&E ran out of time to set up farm so l could get a way.:Oi:

Crazy Steve
13th June 2009, 20:36
By the looks of this its surley gonna be cancelled.....

http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/maps/all-nz-rain-last-6-hrs.html

Crazy Steve..

ICE180
14th June 2009, 08:48
it has been cancelled on there info line

mugins
14th June 2009, 11:44
it has been cancelled on there info line

Don't know if that makes me feel better or not!!!:stupid:

Crazy Steve
21st June 2009, 18:28
Whos keen for this Sunday ? ?

Crazy Steve.

mugins
22nd June 2009, 19:59
Whos keen for this Sunday ? ?

Crazy Steve.

Hope to Steve ,looks like the weather may hold the cards but,:mad:

Kirill357
22nd June 2009, 21:36
Hehe, looks like it will hold only until thursday

ICE180
24th June 2009, 10:42
looks like it will clear for sunday so hopefully it will be on

they updated there weather forcast bugger

http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/localWeather/auckland.html

Crazy Steve
27th June 2009, 20:11
Looks like another day of no racing for 2mrw....:(

Crazy Steve.

Fat Rat
28th June 2009, 07:57
Meeting has been cancelled today....Will try this all again on 12th July

mugins
7th July 2009, 20:09
Well do we dare to think that this could be the weekend that we kick off the winter drags????? here's wishing ,although l don't think l can make it :angry2: work really does get in the way of life

ICE180
12th July 2009, 08:45
some weekends it seems better to work as at least druing the week on a day off you can go for a ride in the sun

I pressume they are cancelled as the phone line is dated 14 july?

mugins
24th July 2009, 10:29
Well fourth time lucky ,weather looks great for Sunday and with only 3 meetings left it should be a great day at the track. Come on the more the merrier.:scooter: ps You need wof and reg and licence

Fat Rat
27th July 2009, 20:50
Well done yesterday mugins...what a way to lose the finals, running a 10.08 on a 10.2 dial in. Trust that winter sun to finally get some heat in the track 5 minutes before the final.

pocketcracker
29th July 2009, 19:51
yep it was brilliant , awsome day to pop my drag racing cherry. Apart from lack of grip i had a blast and will def be back i urge every 1 out there whos every though about just say what the hell and throw ya self down the track ..

Dont worry before my first run i diden't Know if i wanted to Piss my pants or spew in my helmet talk about butterflys.

once first run was over i coulden't contain my joy and every moment i got i was back on the line awaiting the xmas tree count down.

thank you all who where there for taking me under ya wing and making me feel welcome .. ROll on the 9th !

mugins
8th August 2009, 10:42
Ok second to last meeting on tomorrow . Last week the weather was great although the track was mighty slippery , we managed to get a 10.08 to lose the final with a break out :angry:. The thing is there where only 5 bikes which was abit disapointing considering the weather. So if you have ever wanted to give drag racing ago, the winter series is a great place to start. you get in heaps of runs and if you get knocked out early they have racing in between the rounds so you really get your moneys worth. $15 to get in $25 to race (l think)unless you have race licence then it's $10, must have reg and wof and licence..:wari:

pocketcracker
8th August 2009, 11:59
Oh hell yea Hope the weather holds brilliant day here in whangarei today ! .. Mre bikes the better !

revlikeshit
8th August 2009, 18:36
Might see you guys thea, black zx6r....

pocketcracker
9th August 2009, 21:30
Well What can i Say ... Yet another Freaking awsome day thank you so much to the track staff *fatrat*that allow everythign to flow so well ... Def makes the 3 1/2 hour trip worth while ! and going 12 o'clock mid track that was to say the least shittafying ! :) so cant wait for the 30th .... Well done Mike ! your my HERO !

Fat Rat
12th August 2009, 18:55
No worries pocketcracker....good to see you there again having another crack at it!! You were having a good battle with that indian dude (can't remember his name) on the zx10. Well done mugins....I think the series is yours pretty much :first:. It would be awesome to see even more bikes there for the last meeting.

pocketcracker
12th August 2009, 22:39
Oh im there with the bells on i seriously cant get enough now and every day riding feels so slow GRRR ! Yea that dude constanlty like come we go agian i felt alil ashamed for going up so many times but then though what the hell im here to learn and i payed my $$ you soon tell me to piss off HEHEHE !

will plug even ahrder this next meet i Know that theres least 9 bikes gonna be there 2-5 being scooters MUAHAHAH !

Peter Smith
13th August 2009, 10:22
Oh im there with the bells on i seriously cant get enough now and every day riding feels so slow GRRR ! Yea that dude constanlty like come we go agian i felt alil ashamed for going up so many times but then though what the hell im here to learn and i payed my $$ you soon tell me to piss off HEHEHE !

will plug even ahrder this next meet i Know that theres least 9 bikes gonna be there 2-5 being scooters MUAHAHAH !

This sounds like fun. Is this at Meremere? Who runs these meetings?
Entry forms?
Where can I get more info?

Cheers,
Peter

pocketcracker
13th August 2009, 11:26
Yes at meremere next meet 30th august .. Entry on the day just need w.of reg and licence ..$10 -$15 dollars in the gate $30 for a race licence for the day.

More info at http://framautolitedragway.co.nz/

Tell ya friends !

Bring ya bikes !

del-solider
19th August 2009, 16:30
Im probably going to head down on the 30th, going to see wat the ol 2smoker can do :Punk:

pocketcracker
19th August 2009, 20:38
Sweet dude bring ya friends too .. Nuffing better than that feeling ! ....

MMMMM 2 smoker in the morning !

pocketcracker
20th August 2009, 23:21
Master int he right lane .... Student in the left lane ..

the quiz question is .. Who red lighted HEHEHEHEHEHE !

mugins
21st August 2009, 08:38
Master int he right lane .... Student in the left lane ..

the quiz question is .. Who red lighted HEHEHEHEHEHE !

Mmm l only run one red light and that was on the busa when it mattered::no: soooo that that must mean it twas you????although l could be wrong:no::laugh:

pocketcracker
21st August 2009, 16:41
Yea was me :no:

But had to make the Population think you where human for a second HEHEHE :shit:

Mr Maunder is a drag racing MACHINE ! :love: Sent back in time to annihilate the oppersition !:2guns:

del-solider
25th August 2009, 15:11
Weathers not looking good for this sunday... and i was looking forward to it :crybaby:

Fat Rat
25th August 2009, 17:41
Weathers not looking good for this sunday... and i was looking forward to it :crybaby:

Don't freak out to much about the long range forecast....the drag stip has its own weather climate. If its pissing down all day saturday and they say the same for sunday then and only then they probably are right. :rockon:

pocketcracker
28th August 2009, 10:29
Quick Question guyz !

What meeting is the bigger 1 this sunday or fathers day for racing / bikes ect ..

as i have a rear tyre with 1 days fun left in it and wanna use it more so on the larger meet to take advange of the burn out grip factor ..

so what i need to decide is .use tyre this weekend and trailer down or do meet on road tyre ..NO BURN OUTS .. and ryd down ..

await ya Comments ..

mugins
28th August 2009, 18:30
Quick Question guyz !

What meeting is the bigger 1 this sunday or fathers day for racing / bikes ect ..

as i have a rear tyre with 1 days fun left in it and wanna use it more so on the larger meet to take advange of the burn out grip factor ..

so what i need to decide is .use tyre this weekend and trailer down or do meet on road tyre ..NO BURN OUTS .. and ryd down ..

await ya Comments ..

Ask me nicely to put another tyre on for the next meet (fathers day) and go hard this weekend on the tyre ye got .Got another one there me thinks.

pocketcracker
29th August 2009, 00:05
YOu sure Know how to make a growen man smile Mr maunder HEHEHE ...

*no gay tendensyz HONEST* So wont put ill get down on ym knees and beg then .. :drool:

Sweet will shoot in tommorrow then swap ym tire over and grab the trailer ...

then will have to source 1 for FATHERDAY meet .. Damn im hooked HEHEHE

Fat Rat
29th August 2009, 20:10
Although i would love to see you having a crack on fathers day pocketcracker, fathers day drags is for U.S and aussie street cars only....Yay for the car boys, not so yay for the bikers.

You will have to wait til the first night speed drag wars on Friday 6th November. Huge crowds 3000+ and a good 16+ bikes turn up too!!

pocketcracker
29th August 2009, 21:19
OH MAN WTF ! :Oi:

Just a suggestion maybe update the fram site and add information such as that the bikes can't run ect, as we have guys travelling 400 odd kms to the track to race and find CANT might have a few pissed off blokes ..
:nono:
Yea i know every 1 else probbly Knows but me .. BIG EGG ON FACE !:(

mugins
30th August 2009, 06:52
Whats the weather like down south ? Fat Rat:sunny:

mugins
30th August 2009, 08:51
Just got back ,got as far as Waipu, drags canned for the day!!!

Fat Rat
30th August 2009, 21:05
Whats the weather like down south ? Fat Rat:sunny:

Sorry I couldn't respond to you earlier when required CHAMP......what a bitch it was cancelled, if only it was last weekend instead!!

You are right Pocketcracker that the Fram web site should have more info available, and it is an issue we are addressing in the near future.

Once you become a "regular" you get to know which events you can/can't compete in.

Anyone feel free to pm me to ask any drag racing questions (like can a bike race at the fathers day drags) and i will try to help as best as possible......

Fat Rat
30th August 2009, 21:15
[QUOTE=pocketcracker;1129379056]

Just a suggestion maybe update the fram site and add information such as that the bikes can't run ect, as we have guys travelling 400 odd kms to the track to race and find CANT might have a few pissed off blokes ..
:nono:
QUOTE]

You wouldn't get to race, but at least you would have an enjoyable 400 odd km ride (better than watching paint dry I'm sure)......Imagine how pissed off some of our regular racers feel when they tow their race cars up to the track from Invercargill/Christchurch (remember to include tow vechile fuel/ ferry crossing cost/food etc) and the meeting is rained out and they dont even get to start their car up!!:shit:

pocketcracker
31st August 2009, 18:28
Yea agreed , Not your fault Just had a feeling was gonna get rainned out so was looking forward to FATHERSDAY ! .. Oh well im making a BIG push to hold a drags meet up here in whangarei once agian I req 10,000 Signatures and a suitable venue Dosent sound to hard .. Will only b a 1 day event thingy but still sum fun.

Will pm ya all info i can get makes me more powerful agiant the mighty fire breathing Maunder machine HEHEHEHE

As for the 0800 drag race .. MMMMMMM nice to hear its canceled as ya tucked up warm in bed ..

bucket boy
31st August 2009, 20:47
The old port road drags finished in the early 90s from memory
wernt to many bikes running tho

pocketcracker
2nd September 2009, 18:50
Yea i attended a few of them most of which i was just a whipper snapper watchign the big boyz ..

then had a little play when they had the drags at the upper end out side the stadium heading back into town .. at that stage my gs1000 was to much for the other boys was so prowed. Now i blow it away in 1st gear LOL ! ..

seems not so easy after all to get consent.. gotta have 3 board members of the whg rod club on side and have a confirmed particpation Log b4 will consider closing said stretch of road ..

thats the problem WHERE ! .. long and stright and less bumpy enough with adiquite run off ..

mugins
2nd September 2009, 20:49
Yes l use to race also at the port road drags it was great fun.As for drags up here hold ya horses and watch this space.Happening soon just have to check to see if we can run the bikes!!:scooter: Abit pissed about the weekends weather always better to win on the track not because finals rained out again. butt wait just had the phone call.road 1/4 mile sprint will be on at Waipu Sunday 20th and yes we can run the bikes.

We raced there acouple of years ago in the pissing down rain Dmntd ran his zx10.We where still spinning when we crossed the finsh line with 260km/h showing on the speedo Shit it was funny.still bet the 4wheel drives ,didnt think they would let us run after that.

pocketcracker
2nd September 2009, 21:29
Mint .. roll on the 20th .. ill start my fyn day dance now ! :scooter: