PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Aussie to Kiwi Licence

Hillbilly
10th May 2009, 17:12
Soooo, I've sold the Yamaha, moved back home, and was wondering if there's much of an issue regarding changing the NSW Licence back to a Kiwi licence

I hope I don't have to go back to being on L-Plates again! :weep:
Mind you, what's learner legal here is banned in Aussie, such as all the 250cc 2-smokers, and vice versa with such bikes as the Yamaha SZR600, Suzuki GS500F, Ducati 400SS, and the "underpowered" versions of the GSX650F and SV650.

Sidewinder
10th May 2009, 17:35
Soooo, I've sold the Yamaha, moved back home, and was wondering if there's much of an issue regarding changing the NSW Licence back to a Kiwi licence

I hope I don't have to go back to being on L-Plates again! :weep:
Mind you, what's learner legal here is banned in Aussie, such as all the 250cc 2-smokers, and vice versa with such bikes as the Yamaha SZR600, Suzuki GS500F, Ducati 400SS, and the "underpowered" versions of the GSX650F and SV650.

auz is gay!

DingoZ
10th May 2009, 17:39
Read this . http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/56.html

Tells you what you need to do....:)

You might just need to apply for an exemption if you already have been riding a bigger than 250cc bike in Aus on learners. And thats not too much hassle to organise. $22.00 bucks at the LTNZ agencies and a letter outlining why the exemption is wanted...:)

dangerous
10th May 2009, 18:07
Was a farking mish when I did my QLD to NZ, main issues were my truck n trailer licences, the pricks made me re sit here in a wee bedford, christ I ws driving a kenworth in Brissie.
Good luck, i thinking it should be a lot simpler today.

CookMySock
10th May 2009, 20:37
You might just need to apply for an exemption if you already have been riding a bigger than 250cc bike in Aus on learners. And thats not too much hassle to organise. $22.00 bucks at the LTNZ agencies and a letter outlining why the exemption is wanted...:)That will almost certainly work well. BUT I would ask for a letter of reference from the authority in Oz before you came over - dunno if they will give you one, but this will almost certainly smooth the waters here.

Stve

Hillbilly
10th May 2009, 21:37
To best understand what I mean, and the poll regarding the LAMS, check out this page - it's an eye-opener!

LAMS (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcycleridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html)

Hillbilly
17th May 2009, 00:15
Well, here's something I never knew. Changing over from any state in Aussie except NSW!! Because a NSW doesn't have an Issue Date, I have to get a copy of my "Driving/Riding Licence Record/History" from the NSW RTA. This has to be on Authentic letterhead and stamped. What's the big deal? The RTA will only send it to the same address as is on the Licence - in NSW!! It also costs AUD$18.00!

NOTE: No other state has this problem, just NSW!!