PDA

View Full Version : 6 Volt headlamps!

TygerTung
15th March 2005, 00:24
Not much good these, went for a ride around the hills tonight after work at midnight, couldn't see much, but I guess nothing I can do about this? I couldn't put in a more chronic bulb or anything?

Also the speedo stopped working, this would be due to a broken cable perhaps? it started flickering on/off sort of thing, then it stopped completly!

F5 Dave
15th March 2005, 09:06
CG is the pure road bike where the CT is the MX racer [cough]

Check the wattage. They are probably meant to be a 25W bulb but if you slip in a more common 35W they will be dimmer. Same goes for the rear which will drag things down. ‘specially if you use a 12V bulb.

Other than that well. . .

TygerTung
15th March 2005, 09:30
Yeah it's a '78 CG110 pure race road bike.

I got a 125cc barallel, fitted a high compression XL125S piston, ported and polished the high compression 110cc head, 20 thou oversize piston, converted from 4 speed to 5 speed gearbox, she's a real road rocket i'll tell you!

Wouldn't a 35w bulb be brighter than a 25w? or is there simply not enough juice in the system to power them?

F5 Dave
15th March 2005, 09:32
you got it. They are built very close to the wind electrically, find out what is std & stick to it.

DrDee
15th March 2005, 12:15
It's a bummer you can't 12v the whole system, first thing I did when I got my '56 Norton was to convert the 6v sytem to 12v. Very easy to do when you have a dynamo and a wiring loom that consists of about 3 wires :cool: and I could see at night!

XTC
15th March 2005, 16:18
It's a bummer you can't 12v the whole system, first thing I did when I got my '56 Norton was to convert the 6v sytem to 12v. Very easy to do when you have a dynamo and a wiring loom that consists of about 3 wires :cool: and I could see at night!
Even with your shades on?? :yeah: