PDA

View Full Version : Bike Trader

SpankMe
11th November 2002, 14:20
Just added a new service to Kiwi Biker. The <a href="/trader.php?orderby=date&direction=DESC">Bike Trader</a> page is a place where you can buy or sell you bike online.<br><br><ul><li>Attach any images restricted only by post attachment rules.</li><br><li>Your ad will remain in Bike Trader as long as you wish.</li><br><li>Edit your ad to change the details at any time.</li><br><li>Bike shop owners also welcome to use Bike Trader. (just register under your shop name)</li></ul><br>I have added a few example ads to show the layout.<br><br>I am also looking for suggestions/feedback on the layout/functionality. If you think somthing should work diffrently or an ability that needs to be added, let me know.<br><br>So feel free to post a dummy ad to check out the service, just remember to delete it when you are finished.<br><br>Don't have a digital photo of your bike and you live in the Auckland area, <a href="/forums/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=1">send me a message</a> and we'll orginize for me to come around and take one for you.

Kiwi
11th November 2002, 14:25
Hey SpankMe,

the link doesn't work - so, I can't sell my bike ;)

Kiwi

SpankMe
11th November 2002, 14:47
doh!, Didn't even get time to test my message before someone is trying it. :)

Kiwi
11th November 2002, 14:52
:bigthumb:

PZR
14th March 2004, 21:13
I tried to post an ad to sell my bike but it will not work. I get a little window message that says that there is nothing in the file
Can someone give me a hint on how to fix this please

SpankMe
14th March 2004, 22:58
If it was a problem with adding a pic to an existing add, I just fixed a problem with that process.

PZR
15th March 2004, 20:18
If it was a problem with adding a pic to an existing add, I just fixed a problem with that process.

I am trying to generate a new ad. I tried again tonight and it still does not work. I get a small window telling me there is no data. Any suggestions?

SpankMe
22nd March 2004, 13:13
I've just started re-writting the trader section as the current one was just a first attempt and has been in need of a rewrite for awhile. Should be done in a few days.

SpankMe
27th March 2004, 15:17
The re-write of the Bike Trader (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/trader.php) is finished. Let me know of any problems.

MacD
27th March 2004, 17:27
Looks good SpankMe, but how about a "date posted" field or something similar so we know how old the adverts are?

Also the link to the Bike Trader page on the Kiwibiker front page is broken...

:scooter:

SpankMe
27th March 2004, 19:15
how about a "date posted" field or something similar so we know how old the adverts are?

ok its done

PZR
27th March 2004, 20:44
Ok I am ready to give up. I tried again to add pictures and it still will not work. Any advise for the electronically challenged? I also tried to add a picture to a normal post thread and that did not work either.

SpankMe
27th March 2004, 21:30
Try a different browser.

SpankMe
22nd January 2005, 23:05
I have rewritten the trader section. Now when you post an ad, you are also creating a thread. This will allow you to put in more detail and post several images.

Doing this update removed all existing ads, sorry. :o

If you wish to post an ad but already have a thread created and don't want a second one. Just PM me the thread link and I will add it to the trader.

SpankMe
9th April 2006, 19:35
Added better search functionality to the bike trader (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/trader.php?).

SpankMe
11th June 2006, 13:29
The Bike Trader now has the option to add existing threads into the Trader. Just paste the thread URL into the supplied field on the Trader page.