PDA

View Full Version : Henderson Four, anyone have any photos out there?

jellywrestler
13th May 2009, 19:21
I'm a great fan of the old American in line Fours, particularly the HENDERSON AND ACE FOURS, made from a little bit before WW1 through to the 1940's and keen to see who out there may have photos of these bikes somewhere in their family albums etc.
Anyone up for it?
this one was taken in Wanganui in 1917, the WG signifies the local registration prefix before it went to a nationwide system

Sidewinder
13th May 2009, 19:24
I'm a great fan of the old American in line Fours, particularly the HENDERSON AND ACE FOURS, made from a little bit before WW1 through to the 1940's and keen to see who out there may have photos of these bikes somewhere in their family albums etc.
Anyone up for it?
this one was taken in Wanganui in 1917, the WG signifies the local registration prefix before it went to a nationwide system

no the yanks only make big slow V-tiwns! im sure they never use to be smart....?

BIG DOUG
13th May 2009, 20:16
SIDEWINDER F**K OFF,this is about classic bikes if you know nothing about them say nothing,some of the early yank bikes were quite ahead of the times I'm partial to the looks of the flying merkels google that sidewinder.

Sidewinder
13th May 2009, 20:21
SIDEWINDER F**K OFF,this is about classic bikes if you know nothing about them say nothing,some of the early yank bikes were quite ahead of the times I'm partial to the looks of the flying merkels google that sidewinder.

and out of bussness in 1916? thats ground breaking!

T.W.R
13th May 2009, 20:33
Rode one a few years ago :crazy:

Here's one that was at the 09 March Hare

Pickle
13th May 2009, 20:37
Graham Staples (Spyder) lives in the Hutt & owns one - complete with sidecar, used to take it Rallies quite often. Sure if you want to check one out he wouldnt mind & no sorry I dont have any contact details for him

sidecar bob
13th May 2009, 21:03
Graham Staples (Spyder) lives in the Hutt & owns one - complete with sidecar, used to take it Rallies quite often. Sure if you want to check one out he wouldnt mind & no sorry I dont have any contact details for him

Gee, I wonder who jellywrestler is. Same chap fella. He could talk to himself about it though.
One bit of advice, never share a motel with the bastard, he snores like a fuckin chainsaw.

PeteJ
13th May 2009, 21:46
Spyda, do you have any contact with Len Pearce in Tauranga? Steve, is Len still around? I'm sure his Henderson is completed now.

Cheers

PJ

jellywrestler
13th May 2009, 22:30
Spyda, do you have any contact with Len Pearce in Tauranga? Steve, is Len still around? I'm sure his Henderson is completed now.

Cheers

PJ
Thanks PJ, yep I know Len, his bike is an Indian Four, which at the time of its making was a direct descendant of the pre 1919 Hendersons.

Pickle
14th May 2009, 19:36
Gee, I wonder who jellywrestler is. Same chap fella. He could talk to himself about it though.
One bit of advice, never share a motel with the bastard, he snores like a fuckin chainsaw.

Now I know, sorry Spyda didnt know your kiwibiker name.
Wasnt trying to put any strange bastads on to you, mind that could be OK knowing you.
Viv & I now in Aussie, could check out round here for you if you want.

SPman
14th May 2009, 20:14
Anyone up for it?

If your're Spyda, then I've got photo's of your bike!

PeteJ
14th May 2009, 20:47
Thanks PJ, yep I know Len, his bike is an Indian Four, which at the time of its making was a direct descendant of the pre 1919 Hendersons.

Oops, yeah, I woke up in the middle of last night realising I had it wrong.

PJ

jellywrestler
19th May 2009, 18:12
Now I know, sorry Spyda didnt know your kiwibiker name.
Wasnt trying to put any strange bastads on to you, mind that could be OK knowing you.
Viv & I now in Aussie, could check out round here for you if you want.

hey doug, I've never worried about strange bastards; you should know that. I'm particularly keen to find original older photos of the bikes when they were current transport as opposed to photos of ones around now

jellywrestler
19th May 2009, 18:13
If your're Spyda, then I've got photo's of your bike!
Tis me, if the photos are easy to post I'm keen as its always good to see how it looks through another persons eyes
cheers
spyda