PDA

View Full Version : Here we go, back together again. (A Norton's 30-year wait in a box)

Eddieb
14th May 2009, 20:22
A practical restoration not a showpiece. The author has a quirky sense of humour, and the video of him starting it the first time is gold.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447808

limbimtimwim
14th May 2009, 21:15
"3 kicks!"

Nice :)

riffer
14th May 2009, 22:21
Damn.

Half an hour, seven pages and he's soooo close to finishing.

Great read.

xwhatsit
15th May 2009, 00:43
Bwahaha shit that was good.

`3 FUCKING KICKS! How fucking bullshit is that.'

:lol:

I like Queenslanders.

I want to see what he does to the engineer on Monday.

MotoKuzzi
17th May 2009, 19:19
Used a can of " Start Yer Bastard " I'll bet.

Paul in NZ
17th May 2009, 21:47
His bike, he can do what he wants with it but those wheels are just awful....

Dodgyiti
19th May 2009, 13:19
His bike, he can do what he wants with it but those wheels are just awful....

Yeah,
They are not pretty, the wheels have a kinda early Moto Guzzi Lemans/Spada spoke pattern (:chase:) made more ugly by being painted white but I do like old codgers on a pension still mucking around in their sheds, he should have splashed out on another spray can to do the rims when he did the frame, black or silver would have made them less in-yer-face

riffer
19th May 2009, 13:41
Yeah,
They are not pretty, the wheels have a kinda early Moto Guzzi Lemans/Spada spoke pattern (:chase:) made more ugly by being painted white but I do like old codgers on a pension still mucking around in their sheds, he should have splashed out on another spray can to do the rims when he did the frame, black or silver would have made them less in-yer-face

Bah. It would have cost $16 for the paint job then (Said the man who's just come back from the motorcycle shop with new mirrors to replace his scratched ones).

pete376403
19th May 2009, 14:24
The wheels are Suzuki GS850 (used cos he had a rolling frame in the shed)

The rear wheel conversion would have been awkward - the 850 is a shaft drive. Would have been far easier with GS750/1000 wheels, but I gues you use what you have.

I think the wheels look very very nice :bleh:

jim.cox
19th May 2009, 14:25
I think the wheels look very very nice

I think the bike SOUNDS great

Love the startup