PDA

View Full Version : Server outage

SpankMe
16th March 2005, 16:20
Well we had a bit of downtime. Still trying to find out why the server died.

So hands up who suffered from KB withdrawal and what were your symptoms?

k14
16th March 2005, 16:27
I had major withdrawl problems. Symptoms were actually doing some work.

Glad its back up now.

Biff
16th March 2005, 16:44
I had major withdrawl problems. Symptoms were actually doing some work.

Glad its back up now.

Same here, I completed shed loads of work and began talking to humans instead of a computer screen. Scary. I'd better be careful, at this rate I might actually get a social life.

White trash
16th March 2005, 16:44
Fuck you guys have NO IDEA!!!!!

Don't you ever leave me again you naughty, NAUGHTY server! :confused:

Lord Pac
16th March 2005, 16:52
Double trouble for me- KB and R1 forum down... was a truly boring day!

ping xx.xx.xx.xxx no reply :( now sweet!:D

**R1**
16th March 2005, 17:28
Same here, I completed shed loads of work and began talking to humans instead of a computer screen. Scary. I'd better be careful, at this rate I might actually get a social life.Fuck off....you talked to me all day.:shake:

Riff Raff
16th March 2005, 17:30
It was terrible. I've been a nervous wreck all day. Thank goodness for texting otherwise I would have gone mad and someone would have had to shoot me!
Never ever ever ever do that to me again!

Joni
16th March 2005, 17:35
I was asked why Im grumpy... please tell me how you explain the reason to a non-kb'er?.... :spudwhat:

Blakamin
16th March 2005, 17:37
I randomly surfed the net... I want Lego Mindstorms...... :yeah:

and I found 6 ducati themes for my phone.... and found no drivers for my webcam

sAsLEX
16th March 2005, 17:45
isn't amazing how much power Spank now holds!! He can control the coutries GDP by just turning the site on and off! :confused:

Mr Skid
16th March 2005, 17:55
I stoppped listening to a bunch of self important wankers dribble on about themselves and went for a ride. :bleh: :banana:

bugjuice
16th March 2005, 17:59
all of the above, and got seriously pissed off at people at work. Didn't know they stayed around so much. I needed the site to get away from my 'real' life..

so now I have to stay up all night catching up, keeping my daily post count up, and calming my nerves.. I'm gonna be tyred (ha, get it?) tomorrow..

jrandom
16th March 2005, 18:02
So hands up who suffered from KB withdrawal and what were your symptoms?

I was compulsively pinging the server all day. Looked like it had dropped completely off the network, box not routeable to, nada, nothing, nobody home, goodnight. I was petrified that the hosting company had gone bankrupt or been burgled or something.

I think I reached nervous-wreck stage by 3:30pm or so.

At one point, I even started browsing uk.rec.motorcycles.

Blakamin
16th March 2005, 18:12
I was compulsively pinging the server all day.
(forgot to mention I did that too.... every ten minutes... even after the e-mail)

Riff Raff
16th March 2005, 18:14
I was getting worried that work had blocked the site cos I spend too much time on it - just like the Fire Service did to their guys with TradeMe.

MSTRS
16th March 2005, 18:21
It felt worse than ......this

FROSTY
16th March 2005, 18:24
ohh was KB down today--ohh I see

Skunk
16th March 2005, 18:42
Never noticed - I had issues with PHP and Python on our webserver to deal with most of the day... and then the boss wanted me to fit in my work as well :confused:

madboy
16th March 2005, 18:50
oh you wouldn't believe how hard the day was... our entire management team were off on a course, and instead of spending quality time with KB i had to spend my lunch time surfing rally sites, stuff and looking for a pic of my new bike online... and I had 4 cans of coke instead of my average 1.75 per day.

god i hope tomorrow is better

inlinefour
16th March 2005, 19:36
I had to actually work a WHOLE DAY without getting onto KB in my spare time. I hope I dont need to do that too often :confused:

thehollowmen
16th March 2005, 19:40
I had major withdrawl symptoms.. went out and spent loads of money to make up for nothing to do..

Wednesdays I have an 8 am lecture, nothing from 9 am until I start work at 5pm....

yeah

Major withdrawl symptoms

On the bright side my website has had an overhaul

bugjuice
16th March 2005, 20:16
I was getting worried that work had blocked the site cos I spend too much time on it - just like the Fire Service did to their guys with TradeMe.
I was actually thinking the same thing! I emailed Limmy who reckoned he could see the site, and it must have been me! I thought the game was up..

crashe
16th March 2005, 20:23
SpankMe: First off, I would like to thank you so much for sending me an email letting me know the server was down..... at the time I was actually trying to get on here to no prevail..... So thank you. :niceone:

So what did I do instead....
Well I went out to lunch in the city with a friend
(they shouted me lunch - nice one aye)

Then I went around to a friends and we went for a small ride to St Lukes area to sort out some stuff.

Then off to see another really good mate, who happened to be at home and not at work YAY and sort out when he can fix my bike (Swing arm bushes to be replaced and rear wheel bearing - next Tuesday and Wednesday night after he finishes work - YIPEE) He also rides, so hopefully soon he will join here, keep telling him, but the lad is always busy....lol.

Then finally home....

And it was a beautiful sunny day out there as well.... :sunny:

But when I got home and turned on the comp, first thing I did after checking me emails.... as one does...... I clicked onto KB...... dang it I missed all you gals and guys.....
:banana: :2thumbsup :spudwave:

Madguitarist!
16th March 2005, 21:51
Hmmm...... good to know I wasn't the only 'normal' one with the withdrawals!! :yeah:

But a real big THANK YOU to SPANK ME for that email. Stop trying to access the forum once I read that and tried to get a bit of a 'life'.
Rode to motomail and spent some dosh and later at 3 met with Feint and had a nice 2 hr ride up Kaukapakapa!! :niceone:

Now that the site is back up and running, life as we know it!!! :2thumbsup

Ms Piggy
16th March 2005, 22:03
Yeah thanks for the email Spank Me :niceone: Phew! Good to have KBs back.

muzz
16th March 2005, 22:55
Well i didn't know a thing untill i checked my emails. :spudwhat:
So it seems some of you have an addiction to this site :yeah:
It looks like you guys need to get out and ride abit more and less time on your computers. :ride: It's what i call theorpy ;) and i need some. :2thumbsup

Sniper
17th March 2005, 05:55
I cried and kicked and screamed. Sent e-mails and did some work. Found out there are people here that have worked here longer than me that I dont know and played with a pair of binoculars and the backpackers

Hooks
17th March 2005, 06:30
Yeah well thanks alot !!! :shake: My golf went all to crap and I was a quivering wreck for most of the day !! :yeah: .... I got the housework done and then I finally got over it and moved on .... only to find that I was reaching for the PC every time I went past it :angry2: ..... It was a subconscious move that was totally uncontrollable and very un-nerving ..... :apint: Took a couple of beers to get well ... :niceone:

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK !!!!! :wari:

StoneChucker
17th March 2005, 07:20
I can't use the internet at work for "personal use" anymore. There was some discomfort at my work when my russian bride arrived (I was sure I gave my home address, anyway....) So now me and Oksana have to go the entire day at work with NO friggen KB. When I get home there are normally 3 or 4 pages of new posts. Much easier at work to read them as they get posted.

I did call in sick today, if you're wondering how I'm posting now! :)
Salut!

Maximus
17th March 2005, 08:15

Yea I know whatcha mean. Ive just started a new job, and thought that they may have had a way of "watching" what I was doing to! ...... :confused:

ktulu
17th March 2005, 08:25

Hahahaha, thats exactly what I was thinking, I almost went and asked our tech guy to see what was happening but decided against it because he would realise I never do any work and sit on here all day

cammo
17th March 2005, 08:47
i didnt know what was going on...i thoght it was out crappy computer again!! i was getting very angry and after about 20 tries i just went to trademe. but then after work i managed to spend an hour and a half b4 i relised that i had to work today...so it was bed for me...altho i am a new uses, i was at a lost with out kb... :confused:

James Deuce
17th March 2005, 08:53
I randomly surfed the net... I want Lego Mindstorms...... :yeah:

and I found 6 ducati themes for my phone.... and found no drivers for my webcam
Do you think a Multistrada looks like a Bionicle? One missing half a dozen pieces, and a random piece of large block Lego wedged in it's face?

MSTRS
17th March 2005, 09:00
.altho i am a new uses, i was at a lost with out kb... :confused:
It gets worse......stop while you still can (too late?)

TonyB
17th March 2005, 09:19
Yea I know whatcha mean. Ive just started a new job, and thought that they may have had a way of "watching" what I was doing to! ...... :confused:
I've been a bit worried about getting nabbed as well. The outage was actually a good thing for me- no worrying about getting pinged. Plus I got heaps of work done. Turn it off between 8 and 5 I say!

Lucyloo
17th March 2005, 09:31
Turn it off between 8 and 5 I say!
Nooooooooooo!
That's the best time to look!
Helps me through the day :D
It was awful without the site yesterday.....but thanks to Mr Spank Me for letting us know.
L.

duckman
17th March 2005, 09:57
Hmmmm... I was beginning to think there was a conspiricy (sp) unfolding...

KB was down aaaaaaand Gixxer.com was out too.

Biker websites being targetted by ruthless car driving website terrorists ???

ajturbo
17th March 2005, 12:51
i went to the beach.... must learn how to surf.. :banana:

ManDownUnder
17th March 2005, 13:21
Depression withdrawal, fatigue, irritability, upset stoch, sexual disfunction, sexual datfunction...

I had to resort to drinking... so I DID! :banana:

Good to see it up and running again... I had visions of you swearing at the dead pile of ethnet based silicone...

Who hosts this site by the way?

Thanks Chap
MDU

dveus
17th March 2005, 13:27

Not really a problem where I work, I am the bastard that blocks everyones favourtie sites. Though it was really hard to switch off trademe, but I supposed i can live without one site.

Maximus
17th March 2005, 13:29
Depression withdrawal, fatigue, irritability, upset stoch, sexual disfunction, sexual datfunction...

I had to resort to drinking... so I DID! :banana:

MDU

HAHA, I hear ya!! :niceone:

jrandom
17th March 2005, 13:36
Who hosts this site by the way?

Use tracert, you feckless n00b...

duckman
17th March 2005, 13:39

But Captain, the dilythium crystals can't take anymore .... :shake:

jrandom
17th March 2005, 13:44
But Captain, the dilythium crystals can't take anymore .... :shake:

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow
There's Klingons on the starboard bow, scrape them off, Jim!

ManDownUnder
17th March 2005, 13:49

Yeah actually I asked for that... late night... compounded by 5 years in sales... not a good combo...

Ghost Lemur
17th March 2005, 13:56
i went to the beach.... must learn how to surf.. :banana:

I just started learning this year. Only been out a couple of times so far, as I have to borrow gear and get a babysitter each time.

My mate and his wife also started this year. He goes out heaps (has his own gear) and has got real good in quite a short time.

You're never to old to take up something new. Something I keep having to remind myself as I always feel to old to be taking up new things.

flyin
17th March 2005, 15:02
ive been snapped as for Kb at work...... landed position number 2 on the top internet usage for the WHOLE ministry....... and im only part time....... hmmmm
was gettin serious withdrawl wen it was down!!! ended up posting all day in a car forum....

SpankMe
26th March 2005, 00:29
Bloody server died again :angry2:

I've asked them to provide a another server as this one seems to have a hardware problem.

John
26th March 2005, 00:31

I've asked them to provide a another server as this one seems to have a hardware problem.

I've being trying to get on since 6 at 5min intervals :P

Thanks for getting it back up! :banana:

sAsLEX
26th March 2005, 00:31
my precious!! its back!!!!

SPman
26th March 2005, 00:33
Oh good, it wasnt my massive music downloads causing me not to hook up.

Or Rit@lin being pissed off at being binned!

Zed
26th March 2005, 01:34

I've asked them to provide a another server as this one seems to have a hardware problem.That one took a while to get back up and running! With all the talk lately I was concerned KB had been hacked or something? :msn-wink:

Sniper
26th March 2005, 07:10
Yep I was a bit concerned about that too. One of those things that just annoy me and scare me at the same time

Skyryder
29th March 2005, 19:45
And here's me thinking it was my end. The old adage of not knowing if its Martha or Arther is true or is it Arther or Matha?? :drinknsin :drinknsin

Skyryder

MSTRS
29th March 2005, 19:48
And here's me thinking it was my end. The old adage of not knowing if its Martha or Arther is true

Skyryder
If you don't know what gender your end is, well...what can I say? (PT)