PDA

View Full Version : Bruce had wind.

tri boy
15th May 2009, 18:48
Mt Bruce that is. Between Masterton and Pie he a tua, today. Scared the shite out of me on a couple of occasions as I got blown across the centre line.
The summit/top isn't so bad, as it has trees etc to shield you, but going up/over it:crazy:
Dropped "Pooey", the adv rider Ostrich off at junkmanjoe's place yesterday and headed back to Hamilton this morning.
Hats off to you guys down that way that commute in those winds.:niceone:

But i did get to finally ride the Pie he a Tua track, twice. Much betterer than that gorge rd.:msn-wink:

Patch
16th May 2009, 09:45
try riding around near the windmills when its a little windy - nice views tho

Dino
16th May 2009, 10:02
Pretty windy yesterday, supposed to get really nasty this afternoon.

Maha
16th May 2009, 10:19
That can be a pig of an area
Last September, we left Masterton in clear sunny conditions heading for Napeir, got to Mt Bruce and it turned to absolute shit, then got better at Woodville.

BMWST?
16th May 2009, 10:36
yep very windy between Featherston and Martinborough,the actual rimutaka werent SO bad,although quite breezy

marty
16th May 2009, 10:52
try riding around near the windmills when its a little windy - nice views tho

imagine that! was it windy before the windmills were there? if so, how did you reference it?

'man you should have ridden up where the windmills should be....'

....:)

sinfull
16th May 2009, 10:58
yep very windy between Featherston and Martinborough,the actual rimutaka werent SO bad,although quite breezy Still remember a ride i got conned into with the wellington HOG club when i bought a harley out of wmcc (few years back now) ride was from featherston pub, out lake ferry road and round the back of M/borough to a camp site in the hills behind carterton !
I was staying about half way down lake ferry road at the time so had a bit of experience with the wind, but shit it played havok with some of them fair weather Hog guys lol think it was three bikes ended up in the ditch by the time we all got down lake ferry road !
The piss up at the end of the ride was exceptional ! Organised by Garry Mcfee ! 2 pigs on spit, 6 kegs, some blokes came out on the sunday morn and let those who wanted to have a go at absailing (down a 30 m cliff 6ft behind my tent that i hadn't seen in the dark while pissing behind there)
Then at about 11 am everyone said bye bye, see you next weekend !!!! WTF weekend warriors, i was on a bike 2 days old DOH !
Jumped on and did something like 1200 km in the next three days ! No fixed abode for the next 3 months till winter hit !

shafty
16th May 2009, 16:04
Still remember a ride i got conned into with the wellington HOG club when i bought a harley out of wmcc (few years back now) ride was from featherston pub, out lake ferry road and round the back of M/borough to a camp site in the hills behind carterton !
I was staying about half way down lake ferry road at the time so had a bit of experience with the wind, but shit it played havok with some of them fair weather Hog guys lol think it was three bikes ended up in the ditch by the time we all got down lake ferry road !
The piss up at the end of the ride was exceptional ! Organised by Garry Mcfee ! 2 pigs on spit, 6 kegs, some blokes came out on the sunday morn and let those who wanted to have a go at absailing (down a 30 m cliff 6ft behind my tent that i hadn't seen in the dark while pissing behind there)
Then at about 11 am everyone said bye bye, see you next weekend !!!! WTF weekend warriors, i was on a bike 2 days old DOH !
Jumped on and did something like 1200 km in the next three days ! No fixed abode for the next 3 months till winter hit !

Bloody hell - would've been an interesting piss! LOL

I've had a COUPLE of interesting blow jobs on the Lake Ferry road, completing 4 Points Runs - on one occasion my magnetic tank bag blow off the BMW into a Cocky's paddock!

sinfull
16th May 2009, 18:17
Bloody hell - would've been an interesting piss! LOL

I've had a COUPLE of interesting blow jobs on the Lake Ferry road, completing 4 Points Runs - on one occasion my magnetic tank bag blow off the BMW into a Cocky's paddock!
Blonde chick ..... awww wait, yep with ya now !

That was the lead up to that american dream / taiwanese nightmare story pete lol, after 3 months on a brand new harley i was, No bike, no fixed abode, no job, middle of winter in a dindgy flat in carterton !