PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys (jubilant)

jubilant
15th May 2009, 19:53
Well at 33 years old the wife has let me have my first ever bike, i went for the hyosung gt 250 2004 and i have to admit as a learner im loving it...been looking at bigger bikes allready !!

i was just wondering if anyone around albany would mind showing me the ropes when it comes to things to look out for and maybe some servicing tips? im real new to bikes but not engineering ...

also if anyone wants to head out for a ride im up for that too but remember im restricted to 70km's well kind of.....

mstriumph
15th May 2009, 20:14
hi, welcome
come in - sit anywhere

have a browse thru the site - lotsa stuff gets covered in the various threads here - some of it shite but some of it really useful

- glad you are enjoying your bike - who knows, when she sees how much fun YOU are having, mebbe your wife'll want to ride as well? :msn-wink: - let her browse thru the 'biker angel' forums and she'll see she won't be alone if she does

cc rider
15th May 2009, 20:52
Hiya jubilant

How's it hangin.

Have fun on the bike & over in NZ.

You've gone from end of the world to the other, ay? :2thumbsup

CC

jubilant
16th May 2009, 07:44
hi guys thanks for the warm welcome, its been a wild ride to get to NZ and im feeling at home allready...looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

the wife was looking through here last night with me and i think its re lit her passion for bikes ( she was a rider many years ago but a trip down the dessert road stopped it ) and i see her eyeing my little mean machine.

off for a quick run to warkworth be back in half hour... chat soon

Kendog
16th May 2009, 08:38
Welcome.

Take a look here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/mentors.php?do=list)for some helpful people.

6ft5
16th May 2009, 08:45
welcome to the land of oportunity and the world of bikers that get thrashed by cagers, don't despair we all get it

Solly
16th May 2009, 08:46
Welcome. KB has mentors for anyone who wants to any useful tips on riding etc....
Not sure who in you area, but I'm sure someone reading this can put you onto one.

A defencive driving course is also another option, as it covers "active driving/riding skills" and "scanning for hazards" etc.

Enjoy your new found freedom and good company of the biking community.:first::first::first:

Maha
16th May 2009, 08:46
hi guys thanks for the warm welcome, its been a wild ride to get to NZ and im feeling at home allready...looking forward to catching up with you all soon.

the wife was looking through here last night with me and i think its re lit her passion for bikes ( she was a rider many years ago but a trip down the dessert road stopped it ) and i see her eyeing my little mean machine.

off for a quick run to warkworth be back in half hour... chat soon

Welcome jubilant......
If you get up this way, stop in, house is always open, except when are not here....:eek:
I see you making a trip up here now?
There are a couple of old sailing ships at the wharf today 'Maggie' and the 'Jane Gifford' ...carnival type atmosphere with bands/wine/food going all day and into the night, if thats you thing?
Be well worth a look, we are heading down later for a look.

Mark

jubilant
16th May 2009, 20:46
sorry i missed you up there today im sure i will get up to warkworth again in a few days time, im going to be flying around on tuesday from about 9-4ish anyone free to head out let me know...