PDA

View Full Version : who do you blame

WINJA
17th March 2005, 07:01
I KNOW RACING IS RACING BUT. AT PAEROA TONY REES AND LANCE LOWE COLLIDED AND WENT DOWN, IF YOU SAW THIS ON TV OR WITNESSED IT LIVE WHO WOULD YOU SAY WAS AT FAULT?

Motoracer
17th March 2005, 10:32
Didn't see any of it but I hear half of the people saying Tony cut him off and the other half reckon Lance went in too hot and did a rolling stoppie into Tony's rear end. :spudwhat:

White trash
17th March 2005, 10:36
I'm a Heeeuge Lance Lowe supporter however racing incidents are no ones fault.

**R1**
17th March 2005, 11:00
Didn't see any of it but I hear half of the people saying Tony cut him off and the other half reckon Lance went in too hot and did a rolling stoppie into Tony's rear end. :spudwhat:I guess thats what hapns when you try to out brake an R1.......fuk it thats racing....

White trash
17th March 2005, 11:15
I guess thats what hapns when you try to out brake an R1

That right?

scroter
17th March 2005, 11:33
brian bernard was right behind them and he told me lance lowe mucked up. on the TV it looks like tony turned in on him (surely he wouldnt have done that if he had seen him).

however the answer to me is simple, and even tho im a tony rees fan (lance lowe is damn cool too) he passed him on the straight on that lap, why did he not block him from coming down there? still looks like a racing incident to me but i reckon tony coulda stopped him goin up the inside.

White trash
17th March 2005, 13:17
I was standing on the inside of the corner when they came together.
I like Tony but this time he turned in on Lance.. WHY?? dunno.
Tony's bad this time around. Thats racing.

Lance has been an almost ran for so many years it's not funny. A lot of racers don't give him the respect he deserves because he's somewhat of a wildman. What they don't realise, is he's also extremely talented.

To see him running at the front is a buzz for me and to see his effort at Wanganui when his steering damper bolt fell off on the siting lap, that was just phenominal and testament to the guys grit.

My oppinion only.

jazbug5
17th March 2005, 13:45
*ngngngg can't.. control... self... oh, dammit*

I blame the parents, myself.

Sorry, chaps... as you were...

jrandom
17th March 2005, 13:45
I blame Canada!

riffer
17th March 2005, 13:57
Its pretty bloody simple really.

It is never the fault of the person in front. If you can see something in front of you it's your obligation not to hit it.

It's racing. Either go past by going around on the inside or outside, or get in line for the corner.

White trash
17th March 2005, 14:12
Its pretty bloody simple really.

It is never the fault of the person in front. If you can see something in front of you it's your obligation not to hit it.

It's racing. Either go past by going around on the inside or outside, or get in line for the corner.

Correct.

However, when you're racing, and you're aware of another racer on the inside and slightly behind you, it's poor form to simply "shut him down" when unnessecary. It's also fucken dangerous, regardless of whether you were in front or not.

NC
17th March 2005, 14:21
This is no Biagi elbowing Rossi "thing"...

It's just one of those things.

White trash
17th March 2005, 14:21

It's just one of those things.

Who da fuck you calling a "thing"....

sAsLEX
17th March 2005, 14:22
Correct.

However, when you're racing, and you're aware of another racer on the inside and slightly behind you, it's poor form to simply "shut him down" when unnessecary. It's also fucken dangerous, regardless of whether you were in front or not.

kinda like schuey's fuck up in the melbourne race. dumb arse!!

NC
17th March 2005, 14:23
Who da fuck you calling a "thing"....
I call you "it" :D

PSYCHO
17th March 2005, 14:28
Lance Lowe (Kawasaki)....Tony Rees (yamahahah)...hmmm

must be the yamahahh riders fault!

**R1**
17th March 2005, 14:38
Lance Lowe (Kawasaki)....Tony Rees (yamahahah)...hmmm

must be the yamahahh riders fault!

Yamaha (fucken sexy)
kawasaki(fucken hand grenade):spudbooge its even green like one:yeah:

Coldkiwi
17th March 2005, 16:52
Sounds like a racing incident between an old hand on a tested bike (with a very clean record and reputation) and a guy whos really got something to prove and a competitive new machine to try it on. I don't think Tony would deliberately have cut lance off so can only assume he didn't know lance was there as he went for a nice line

Grumpy
17th March 2005, 19:59
Sounds like a racing incident between an old hand on a tested bike (with a very clean record and reputation) and a guy whos really got something to prove and a competitive new machine to try it on. I don't think Tony would deliberately have cut lance off so can only assume he didn't know lance was there as he went for a nice line

Haven't raced bikes but have spent some years racing superkarts and sportscars a while back and it's kinda hard to explain but you can feel someone behind you on the track. I reackon he probably knew he was there.

However, in this case I would have to agree... this shit happens in racing.
Doesn't really matter who fucked up. Racers are human, these things are going to happen.

WINJA
17th March 2005, 20:02
Haven't raced bikes but have spent some years racing superkarts and sportscars a while back and it's kinda hard to explain but you can feel someone behind you on the track. I reackon he probably knew he was there.

However, in this case I would have to agree... this shit happens in racing.
Doesn't really matter who fucked up. Racers are human, these things are going to happen.
YEAH YEAH RACING IS RACING I KNOW THAT IVE RACED A BIT SO I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE , BUT IN THIS CASE IF YOU HAD TO SAY ITS SOMEONES FAULT WHOS FAULT WOULD IT BE??

Grumpy
17th March 2005, 20:15
YEAH YEAH RACING IS RACING I KNOW THAT IVE RACED A BIT SO I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE , BUT IN THIS CASE IF YOU HAD TO SAY ITS SOMEONES FAULT WHOS FAULT WOULD IT BE??

Oh yeah... sorry.... had to be the bloody Yamaha.

What?
17th March 2005, 20:20
Wouldn't have happened if they weren't racing... :2thumbsup

Fluffy Cat
17th March 2005, 20:32
Come on they were both going for it.Thats what makes it interesting.I get cut up all the time but thats because i am so slow.These guys are the tops and that sort of shit happens just look at moto gp and the Biaggi Rossi scraps.

Racey Rider
17th March 2005, 20:49

Don't what to have to get the legal team out, but,, Please be aware that the use of the term "Thing" is copywrited in KB History, and can only be use in conjugation with poking the stick at Mr hitcher and his big Red ...... "Thing"

As he's on holiday at the moment, I will let it go this one time.

Sensei
17th March 2005, 21:02
If Ya Race . You Win ya Lose ya Crash thats what it's all about .
SENSEI

NC
17th March 2005, 21:19
Don't what to have to get the legal team out, but,, Please be aware that the use of the term "Thing" is copywrited in KB History, and can only be use in conjugation with poking the stick at Mr hitcher and his big Red ...... "Thing"

As he's on holiday at the moment, I will let it go this one time.
Two different things...

johno
17th March 2005, 23:20
I don't need smart pills, because I don't know what they are. There for, I don't need them. But I will put anything in my mouth, even if it's not meant to go in there. Why? Because I'm different. I can't stand this any longer, therefore I have decided to post this. ( I am old and anal) "Therefore" is one word and nothing to do with the two words "there" and "for".

NC
18th March 2005, 05:43
I don't need smart pills, because I don't know what they are. There for, I don't need them. But I will put anything in my mouth, even if it's not meant to go in there. Why? Because I'm different. I can't stand this any longer, therefore I have decided to post this. ( I am old and anal) "Therefore" is one word and nothing to do with the two words "there" and "for".
Thanks
I don't care and im not changing it...HA

TwoSeven
18th March 2005, 10:15
I was always tought the guy on the outside has right of way only if his front wheel axel is in front of yours - otherwise the chap on the inside has the line.

To put it another way, the chap that was in front has the racing line - so has right of way.

If its the crash i'm thinking about, the chap on the outside had the line, and it looked like the chap on the inside just misjuged the braking distance for giving him room.

Racey Rider
18th March 2005, 12:31
Two different things...

Ahr, Yes,
small 't'.
My mistake!

NC
18th March 2005, 15:44
Ahr, Yes,
small 't'.
My mistake! Heh not Big Ted

http://shop.abc.net.au/multimediaitems/images/product_images/4/462868.jpg