PDA

View Full Version : FZ1N vs 900 Hornet

Farab
18th May 2009, 14:19
Anyone own one around here? Any thoughts, reviews, etc., as an all rounder - commuter, 2 up & weekend toy? I have heard some issues with "snatchy throttle / EFI" . I am especially interested in anyone's thoughts about the FZ1N vs 900 Hornet.
I got my hands on a FZ1N for a few minutes and really enjoyed it, 1 & 2 up. Didn't really find it lacking in the lower rev's for city work, an interesting motor with character. Just had it for a few minutes though, so not really a proper ride to have a thorough opinion of it.

Thanks guys, will check in later.

Morcs
18th May 2009, 15:00
FZ1 is a far more highly spec'd than the mediocre hornet.

Unless you are talking new, Id take a Predator over a FZ1.

Farab
18th May 2009, 15:08
FZ1 is a far more highly spec'd than the mediocre hornet.

Unless you are talking new, Id take a Predator over a FZ1.

Thinking new. Reasons in favour of the Predator?

The Stranger
18th May 2009, 15:19
Thinking new. Reasons in favour of the Predator?

He can't handle the power.

FROSTY
18th May 2009, 15:26
My opinion. The hornet is a more comfortable all rounder BUT the FZ1 is more FUN.
I think you need to nail down what riding you are gonna do more of --fun canyon stuff or 2 up long haul. If 2 up then my vote is for late model Hornet. If Canyon stuff then the yamaha.

avgas
18th May 2009, 15:31
I had the opportunity to ride both. The FZ1N is basically a cut down sports bike, it feels every inch of it. I hear they are still OK 2-up, but not great. It felt sharper than the old FZ1/Fazer but did not have the same throttle tollerance of the carbs. The hornet feels like the perfect "anything" bike. However therein lies the problem - like a swiss-army knife it does everything, but nothing good.

As personal taste - i would buy the FZ1N.....or if you have the coin a bking. The new CB1000R is also an option if your buying new

Farab
18th May 2009, 15:31
My opinion. The hornet is a more comfortable all rounder BUT the FZ1 is more FUN.
I think you need to nail down what riding you are gonna do more of --fun canyon stuff or 2 up long haul. If 2 up then my vote is for late model Hornet. If Canyon stuff then the yamaha.

For the short time I had it, it felt like fun!

I do everything - daily commuting rain or shine, "spirited" blasts like the Coro Loop, etc., with the boys, as well as day trips with the missus, which can be anything from 40km's to the Viaduct and back to 400km's.

NZsarge
18th May 2009, 16:34
Talk to Blacksheep, just did a tour of the south island on his FZ1 S , told me the bike went like a dream, have'nt ridden the N model but considering you have and S model available why would you? I guess the N does look horny but the S is not an ugly bike by any stretch and the added practicality is well worth it. Get at least an '07 or later model as the fuel injection was rumoured to be sorted.

Elysium
18th May 2009, 17:24
Haven't ridden a Yami yet but like some people here have mentioned, it depends if you want just fun or multi-purpose use. The Hornet is very reliable mechanicaly wise and can do anything, but doesn't have the thrill factor of sports bikes. On the plus side the Hornet is value for money.

AllanB
18th May 2009, 17:35
You talking Hornet 900 or the new CB1000R Predator?

If you are talking NEW the Hornet was replaced with the Predator. Still a few 900's around probably and excellent value if still $11k. Very happy with mine, just needs some pipes to let it sing to me.

As good as the Predator is, they are $19-21 (depending whos price tags you believe). At that price also look at a Speed triple. Or Monster.

Yamaha is a nice kit.

If you have the dosh buy what gives you a thrill.

Farab
18th May 2009, 17:52
You talking Hornet 900 or the new CB1000R Predator?

If you are talking NEW the Hornet was replaced with the Predator. Still a few 900's around probably and excellent value if still $11k. Very happy with mine, just needs some pipes to let it sing to me.

As good as the Predator is, they are $19-21 (depending whos price tags you believe). At that price also look at a Speed triple. Or Monster.

Yamaha is a nice kit.

If you have the dosh buy what gives you a thrill.

I'm basically just looking around - I like to do my homework well in advance.

I have owned the Hornet 900 for a year now, since new. Not quite sure if I want to hang on to it. As has been mentioned here, they seem to do everything well, but at times I feel like its lacking a bit of excitement.

I have also been fortunate to take a spin on the new Predator, it was a bag of giggles in the twisty stuff, just not sure if its worth the $21K price tag...
The engine is extremely linear, no surprises, you could maybe even say it lacks character in that department. Very easy to ride. Would ave been nice to have had a few more ponies though, with the extra weight (compared to the H9) outright acceleration feels very similar to the H9 IMO.

If I had ridden the FZ1N before I bought the H9, I'm not sure that I would have bought the H9. That said the H9 is a lot of bike for the price.

Does anyone know when current FZ1N will be replaced? They came out in 2006?

The Stranger
18th May 2009, 17:52

Yamaha is a nice kit.

I note Henderson Motorcycles have a new 08 FZ1 for 15k. Add Ohlins, PC3, headers, can with the 5k saving.
What was the question?

nallac
18th May 2009, 18:04
I had the opportunity to ride both. The FZ1N is basically a cut down sports bike, it feels every inch of it. I hear they are still OK 2-up, but not great. It felt sharper than the old FZ1/Fazer but did not have the same throttle tollerance of the carbs. The hornet feels like the perfect "anything" bike. However therein lies the problem - like a swiss-army knife it does everything, but nothing good.

As personal taste - i would buy the FZ1N.....or if you have the coin a bking. The new CB1000R is also an option if your buying new

Haven't ridden a Yami yet but like some people here have mentioned, it depends if you want just fun or multi-purpose use. The Hornet is very reliable mechanicaly wise and can do anything, but doesn't have the thrill factor of sports bikes. On the plus side the Hornet is value for money.

yip the hornet is a fun cheapish bike good at all things,
its just lacking the x factor thats why i got ride of mine...

serously like the look of the later Fz1n's, even in yellow
lots more power than the hornet.

have yet to ride one, should be a more comfy newer version of my R1

nallac
18th May 2009, 18:07
I note Henderson Motorcycles have a new 08 FZ1 for 15k - Ohlins, PC3, headers, can.
What was the question?

are they open now.................
15k ,nice if only i had the coin....

Farab
18th May 2009, 18:08
yip the hornet is a fun cheapish bike good at all things,
its just lacking the x factor thats why i got ride of mine...

Well said!

carver
18th May 2009, 18:15
the old hornet felt like you were riding a bison.
heavy
soft
slow

the old FZ1 felt like well....

soft
faster
not too heavy, but not that light

Hitcher
18th May 2009, 18:15
FZ1, no question. It will two-up and long haul with the best. Best of all, it's a Yamaha.

Zapf
18th May 2009, 18:17
CB900 will never be a CBR1000RR turned naked bike. So it is not a out and out sports bike. But if you are buying a naked bike, you are not really planning on going that quick anyway.

So. CB900 can be a very good sporty ride if you do the rear ohlins, add MX bars. Stick a set of pipes up its rear end. And perhaps enhance its brains with a power commander & dyno tune.

You can have all that, and also have a bike that can carry 2 up nicely. Carry 2 hard panniers and 1 top box. 19L tank range for 240km before reserve. And also it will be reliable to a fault.

So there you go for my 2 sec thought.

Oh and its faster than a certian ZX10 from 0~60km/h.

Farab
18th May 2009, 18:30
So. CB900 can be a very good sporty ride if you do the rear ohlins, add MX bars. Stick a set of pipes up its rear end. And perhaps enhance its brains with a power commander & dyno tune.

Already replaced the horrid OEM bars with Renthal Ultra Lows. If I'm keeping it, the rear suspension will also have to be done.

AllanB
18th May 2009, 18:43
Weird how they take a engine everyone loves CBR900, 929 then 'retune' it for the nakeds. I fail to see why a naked can't have a arse kicking spot in the engine. Are they worried we'd get thrown off without a pussy wee screen?

Same for the Predator and just about every 'naked' bike.

Ducatis new Streetfighter may alter this for future nakeds.

That specked out Yamaha at $15 sounds the bomb. Mind you at that about I'd sneak a look at a Street triple.......and talk them into a severely discounted set of pipes.....

Zapf
18th May 2009, 18:44
Already replaced the horrid OEM bars with Renthal Ultra Lows. If I'm keeping it, the rear suspension will also have to be done.

rear suspension WILL have to be done. It transform the bike very much indeed. And also its the cheapest part of the OEM parts bin.

The Stranger
18th May 2009, 18:47
That specked out Yamaha at $15 sounds the bomb.

Doh! fuck sorry, no it's not specked like that, I was musing what you could do with the extra 5k saving on the predator. My mistake, will amend it now.

AllanB
18th May 2009, 18:50
Doh! fuck sorry, no it's not specked like that, I was musing what you could do with the extra 5k saving on the predator. My mistake, will amend it now.

Good point though - then again $2k on the existing Horny and he's probably saved $5k from changing bikes.

Glad I'm not deciding............:bleh:

Farab
18th May 2009, 19:02
Weird how they take a engine everyone loves CBR900, 929 then 'retune' it for the nakeds. I fail to see why a naked can't have a arse kicking spot in the engine. Are they worried we'd get thrown off without a pussy wee screen?

Couldn't agree more!

The Stranger
18th May 2009, 19:11

You can't be serious - no one wants a bike like that!
The Fazer is a tilt in that direction.
It is the 5 valve R1 engine with a heavier crank, different cams, head gasket ECU and no ram air.
It has been roundly slammed in the press for 2 things.
1) The throttle snatch in the first version - fair enough too, though easily corrected.
2) The lack of power down low and rush at the top. Apparently no one wants this in a naked. I know I did.
One needs to remember too that the Fazer engine will out perform the std R1 engine up to about 11,000 RPM, so it hasn't been crippled down low, only up top. So the message to manufacturers is clear - don't make full power nakeds.

Incidentally, the Fazer is easily de-crippled and made to produce more power than a stock R1 of the same engine model.

Farab
18th May 2009, 19:32
I think what he meant, well I do anyway, is that some of the nakeds could pack more punch at the top end, a bit more character. The FZ1N seems to have this "character".

At least the Hornet boogies somewhat after 6000rpm, the Predator - zilch - linear all the way to the top. Also as I said before, the Predator develops about 123hp, but it's about 20kg heavier (roughly), so in terms of acceleration, feels similar to the H9, well for me anyway, so bit disappointing as the looks tell you to approach with caution. I did like the handling though, very flick-able.

Gremlin
19th May 2009, 00:31
The CB1000R is definitely tilted more towards a sportsbike than the CB900 was. Accelerates quicker, quicker handling, sharper brakes (the CB900 could do with sharper brakes). That said, the CB900 is not slow in the country and even two up, you can be scraping the pegs and having heaps of fun. The limit is just a bit more achievable than say a sportsbike.

Sure, the CB900 is detuned, but it pulls from 1500rpm all the way up in very very smooth fashion. Then again, I don't use it for rides in the country, finding it a bit out of breath around 100-120kph. Best bike around town I have come across tho.

skidMark
19th May 2009, 00:49

Ducatis new Streetfighter may alter this for future nakeds.

That specked out Yamaha at $15 sounds the bomb. Mind you at that about I'd sneak a look at a Street triple.......and talk them into a severely discounted set of pipes.....

It's not spec'd out he was saying for the 5k you save over buying a predator you spend it on modding the fz1...

i like the hornet 900.... been pillion on one and it was very comfy very stable...

and plenty quick enough.

nallac
19th May 2009, 08:08
i like the hornet 900.... been pillion on one and it was very comfy very stable...

and plenty quick enough.

more fun riding em than being bitch....

needs more wow factor, and better brakes as mentioned..
more power aswell...

fun bike just a little to plain......

Farab
19th May 2009, 10:36
What do you guys reckon about the Predator's looks? I know it looks hot now, but do you think that it's something that will stand the test of time? Will we look back in 5 years + and wonder what the hell was Honda thinking? If I look at the new Ducati Streetfighter, I just know it 's still going to look attractive in e few years time.

Morcs
19th May 2009, 10:43
You can't be serious - no one wants a bike like that!
The Fazer is a tilt in that direction.
It is the 5 valve R1 engine with a heavier crank, different cams, head gasket ECU and no ram air.
It has been roundly slammed in the press for 2 things.
1) The throttle snatch in the first version - fair enough too, though easily corrected.
2) The lack of power down low and rush at the top. Apparently no one wants this in a naked. I know I did.
One needs to remember too that the Fazer engine will out perform the std R1 engine up to about 11,000 RPM, so it hasn't been crippled down low, only up top. So the message to manufacturers is clear - don't make full power nakeds.

Incidentally, the Fazer is easily de-crippled and made to produce more power than a stock R1 of the same engine model.

Agreed. Especially with the Fuel injection on earlier models. Its a pain in my arse on the 6.

The FZ6 will out perform a Hornet 900 I think.
For all out hooliganism, id take a Predator.
For more all round, and touring, Id have the FZ1S

"D" FZ1
19th May 2009, 11:04
I got the first 06 FZ1-N that came into the country. Did about 35,000 kms on it and loved it. Sold it to a guy who was upgrading from his 900 Hornet and he is really enjoying it. I am now riding the 08 Red/White model. Two up is no problem. We can do 400 plus kms in a day easily.

I am working at Henderson Yamaha for a few months and we have a
Red FZ1-S done 1400 kms that you are more than welcome to come and test ride. We are selling it for $14,995.00 + ORC which is a saving of $5600.00 off the current retail price.

You can contact me on 0272312476. Cheers. Dave.

nallac
19th May 2009, 11:19
while i do like the looks of the predator theres no way i could justify spending that much on a new naked Honda....or any other Brand for that matter.

It will still look good in the years to come,but no where near as sexy as the Duc..But a 30+k naked bike.....

better off to pick up a 2-4yo thou and convert to suit ya self and save thousands...and no detuning done.

Or buy road and sports Bking 14kish with twin yoshis already.(mmm sweet looking bike bike)

Farab
19th May 2009, 11:30
I got the first 06 FZ1-N that came into the country. Did about 35,000 kms on it and loved it. Sold it to a guy who was upgrading from his 900 Hornet and he is really enjoying it. I am now riding the 08 Red/White model. Two up is no problem. We can do 400 plus kms in a day easily.

I am working at Henderson Yamaha for a few months and we have a
Red FZ1-S done 1400 kms that you are more than welcome to come and test ride. We are selling it for $14,995.00 + ORC which is a saving of $5600.00 off the current retail price.

You can contact me on 0272312476. Cheers. Dave.

Cheers! Has the "throttle / EFI snatch" been sorted out in the 08/09 models?

Refer:

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/2006fz1.htm

nallac
19th May 2009, 11:44
Ivans has some nice mods there, afair hike in torque and power..

looks like it would definately worth it.

But how much do all the xtras cost.

Farab
19th May 2009, 11:51

on another forum I frequent, one of the members did the "Ivan's" Fi mods and reckons it was well worth it, apparently improves the bike significantly. i asked him how much and if it was a DIY job, his answer:

"FCE is $195 plus shipping. Refer to Ivans site for info. It is a do it yourself job if your so inclined to do it. I'm a technician so it was a simple install. Took about 1.5 hrs." (he is in the States)

nallac
19th May 2009, 11:58
I have read Ivans mods for carbed R1's,
using his needles you go down in jet sizes from standard rather than up.
all depending on what other mods have been done.

NZsarge
19th May 2009, 12:14
on another forum I frequent, one of the members did the "Ivan's" Fi mods and reckons it was well worth it, apparently improves the bike significantly. i asked him how much and if it was a DIY job, his answer:

"FCE is $195 plus shipping. Refer to Ivans site for info. It is a do it yourself job if your so inclined to do it. I'm a technician so it was a simple install. Took about 1.5 hrs."

I had an FCE on my '06 FZ1 S, well worth it, smoothed out the "snatch" and filled in the mid-range some what too in other words it did what it was designed to do. Got it through the guys at Waikato Yamaha and they were pretty good to deal with.
I'd ride a '08 before you committed to getting an FCE to see if it was worth doing but in the end it not a big deal anyway. An aftermarket can is a must imho and I can heartily recommend an Arrow, just sounds freakin' awesome! :niceone:

Farab
19th May 2009, 12:28
I had an FCE on my '06 FZ1 S, well worth it, smoothed out the "snatch" and filled in the mid-range some what too in other words it did what it was designed to do. Got it through the guys at Waikato Yamaha and they were pretty good to deal with.
I'd ride a '08 before you committed to getting an FCE to see if it was worth doing but in the end it not a big deal anyway. An aftermarket can is a must imho and I can heartily recommend an Arrow, just sounds freakin' awesome! :niceone: How much did it cost you?

NZsarge
19th May 2009, 12:39
Oh dude! Sorry but you ask too much of my meagre and miserable memory, suffice to say it was enough I put off buying it for a while but cursed doing so when I put it on. I honestly think if you were to get a new or near new FZ1 you would'nt actually "need" one, an '06 on the other hand did "need" one.
Around the mid to late $200's seems to ring a bell though, remember though, it was pre credit crunch so it'll be quite a bit dearer now with the exchange rate.

"D" FZ1
19th May 2009, 13:01

I supplied this one to NZsarge but I have now left the Waikato. If anyone is interested in fitting one to there 06-07 FZ1-N or S you can contact me on 0272312476. Cheers. Dave.

"D" FZ1
19th May 2009, 13:03
They have gone up a bit in price. Approx $500.00 fitted now but as NZsarge said, well worth it.

"D" FZ1
20th May 2009, 12:20
This is very cool

nallac
20th May 2009, 12:29
Heres a fuel cut on T/ME. From your old shop Dave?.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Performance/auction-218758280.htm

your guys FZ1 for sale.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-172967579.htm

I quite like these bumble bees

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-218323827.htm

NZsarge
20th May 2009, 16:57
This is very cool

That's sweet eh... All accept that red instrument pod... Looks like a baboon's ....
I wish I had the coin to put that suspension on My Fazer when I had it! :drool:

The Stranger
20th May 2009, 17:11

Hmm, Nothing to gut the cat from the collector or butcher the air box.
About $700 for an Yoshi can, $150 for an air cleaner, I'm pretty sure I paid about $300 for the FCE and smaller flies, about $600 for the PC3 and about $200 for the factory pro velocity stacks. Then $350 for the custom map.

That said - a would have done most of that to any bike I got. The XT has cans, air cleaner, PC3 and custom map. Why not? It's easy power.

AllanB
20th May 2009, 17:28
This is very cool

Thats the first Yammy I'd consider buying in a long time. Shame the buggers don't make them (for $12k........:niceone:).

Is it really that hard for the factories to have a crack and produce that? The English and Euro chaps would love em.

Sign....reachs for his Big Wednesday ticket.........

The Stranger
20th May 2009, 18:07
Thats the first Yammy I'd consider buying in a long time.

Yet you would buy a hornet.
That really says a lot.

WickedOne
20th May 2009, 18:33
Anyone of you CB900 Hornet Riders interested in a pair of Stainless Steel Oval Micron Pipes? PM me if interested. I'll be putting them on Tardme soon....

They were on a Hornet for about six months and are spotless.

nallac
20th May 2009, 20:01
Thats the first Yammy I'd consider buying in a long time. Shame the buggers don't make them (for $12k........:niceone:).
Is it really that hard for the factories to have a crack and produce that? The English and Euro chaps would love em.

pity Honda don't either now..

Yet you would buy a hornet.
That really says a lot.

Thats just mean,not everyone has such good taste and buys

The Stranger
20th May 2009, 21:29
Thats just mean,not everyone has such good taste

Let's face it, the hornet, like the SV is a budget bike.
That is not a bad thing or derogatory - horses for courses of course.
It takes all kinds, some may buy a budget model because it is all they can afford, or perhaps it is all they want or need. They may consider it better value for money. whatever the reason is irrelevant.

But to think it is anything more than the most basic litre sized (roughly) transport one is either deluding ones self or ignorant. Either way is not a good look.

AllanB
20th May 2009, 22:13
It takes all kinds, some may buy a budget model because it is all they can afford, or perhaps it is all they want or need. They may consider it better value for money. whatever the reason is irrelevant.

But to think it is anything more than the most basic litre sized (roughly) transport one is either deluding ones self or ignorant. Either way is not a good look.

Shall I, should I bite......

Lets just say that New Zealand's motorcycling world and possibly a number of dealers would be a much emptier place without either.

There are many reasons why people buy various bikes as you state but I fail to see why its acceptable to bag the crap out of a particular model just because it does not tickle your fancy. :bleh:

nallac
20th May 2009, 22:27
There are many reasons why people buy various bikes as you state but I fail to see why its acceptable to bag the crap out of a particular model just because it does not tickle your fancy. :bleh:

Because its a HONDA?.

AllanB
20th May 2009, 22:33
Because its a HONDA?.

Ah a gay Honda. And a Horny Gay honda at that :laugh::laugh:

zeocen
20th May 2009, 23:24

I was riding a CBR1100XX and had pretty much all but signed on the dotted line on a ZX14 before a friend insisted I try a Hornet.

I quite like the predictability of it, it lets me have more fun in the places that matter without having to worry about a bike's "character". I saved considerable amounts of money getting the Hornet over the ZX14 and have found a new love for naked bikes as a whole, it's as you say, horses for courses.

I can't really seeing myself calling a bike that gives me so much joy and fun on the road in all conditions the most basic litre bike transport. I'll be holding onto mine for a long time, if not forever!

I've got nothing against the FZ1 either, I think that is also a great bike!

The Stranger
20th May 2009, 23:39

Bag the crap out of the hornet?
No way, it's a good solid piece of kit - for it's purpose. Only wound up those poor delusional souls who may think it is more than what it is - even then it was only a mild tickle.
Would do the same to anyone with delusions of grandeur.

AllanB
21st May 2009, 07:20
No way, it's a good solid piece of kit - for it's purpose. Only wound up those poor delusional souls who may think it is more than what it is

he he he - so you don't want to know about the time I thrashed the arse off Rossi on my 900?

Hornet 900/SV1000/FZ - as much as we aspire to marry the super model, often the girl next door is a lot more fun to live with long term.:wari:

kittytamer
21st May 2009, 07:55
I do everything - daily commuting rain or shine, "spirited" blasts like the Coro Loop, etc., with the boys, as well as day trips with the missus, which can be anything from 40km's to the Viaduct and back to 400km's.

I do the same, and I do it all on a Ducati Multistrada, which delivers everything you're after - comfty, fast, low down grunt, fun. Due to the cost of running the Duke I have been looking at alternatives and the FZ1 is the only bike I would consider swapping too.
Forget the Honda CB1000R for 2 up. Nice as it is.
I'm keeping the Multi for now though...

NZsarge
21st May 2009, 08:05
I do the same, and I do it all on a Ducati Multistrada, which delivers everything you're after - comfty, fast, low down grunt, fun. Due to the cost of running the Duke I have been looking at alternatives and the FZ1 is the only bike I would consider swapping too.
Forget the Honda CB1000R for 2 up. Nice as it is.
I'm keeping the Multi for now though...

Think about a ZX 14 to dude, bloody great bike although the FZ1 is a sportier ride, the only thing that really got up my nose about my Fazer is the 19 litre tank did'nt offer a huge range per fill, the old R1 motor is quite a hungry beastie, my 14 is at least as fuel efficient and has quite a bit better range due to a larger tank.

The Stranger
21st May 2009, 08:32
I quite like the predictability of it, it lets me have more fun in the places that matter without having to worry about a bike's "character". I saved considerable amounts of money getting the Hornet over the ZX14 and have found a new love for naked bikes as a whole, it's as you say, horses for courses.

Hornet 900/SV1000/FZ - as much as we aspire to marry the super model, often the girl next door is a lot more fun to live with long term.:wari:

Of course zeocen, hell I love my XT660 too. It's heavy, under powered and being a Yamaha over priced. It has decent brakes and one thing it does do however is go around corners real fooken well.
But then it aint no KTM and were I to imagine it is more than a nice commuter would be ignorant and naive of me - much like AllanB thinking the hornet is in the same class as a Fazer.

zeocen
21st May 2009, 09:28
Well I would agree that the Hornet is not in the same league as the FZ1, that is quite a bike.

However I can also see where the extreme fondness for the Hornet comes from, from the owners. So much so that in their eyes they are probably so suited to the ergonomics of the Hornet that it could well feel that the bike is better than the newer, sometimes anorexic higher spec naked bikes.

For example I felt most at home on a ZZR1100, than a ZX-10, which was light years ahead in technology and handling, the ZZR just fit me like a glove and I had a better time on it, so in my eyes I rate it higher. I couldn't argue that any bike is crap because no matter what I think there is someone out there that is riding the crap bike and would love nothing more than to continue riding it, even if there are better spec bikes out there.

Sorry, not very coherant this morning, very glass-eyed!

AllanB
21st May 2009, 10:25
much like AllanB thinking the hornet is in the same class as a Fazer.

Ah - now that I did not state, and I certainly don't have delusions of by Hornet being the best motorcycle ever made. My comment relates to whether or not the individual purchaser believes for their situation the extra $4,000 plus on the Fazer is worth it or affordable.

The best bet is to get out and ride the Fazer, if it's what you are after go for it.

Given a lotto win I'd have a small fleet of bikes in the shed.