PDA

View Full Version : The new TradeMe alternative

the hearse man
18th May 2009, 22:20
Hi everybody.
I just wanted to take a moment to tell you all about the new trademe alternative. It's http://www.dealing.co.nz. We're proudly100% kiwi owned and here to make online trading affordable again. To entice you along to have a look at the site, firstly let me say that until the end of June, we're 100% free, regardless of what you're selling, your bike, your house, old furniture.........what ever! One very cool feature you will find on www.dealing.co.nz is video embedding. You won't find that on any other site in NZ. Cool huh?

So how much will it cost to advertise after the end of June?
$1.00.................yep, just $1.00.
Heres how it will work from July 1st. If you are selling your item as an auction, it will be completely free to list, including up to 30 photos + video embedding, subtitles etc. When your item sells, it will just be a $1.00 success fee. This applies accross the board, regardless of what you're selling. Bikes cars what ever. So, that's it, just $1.00 success fee to sell your motorbike at auction.

To sell your motorbike as a fixed price classified, just $1.00 up front, and no success fee upon sale..........total cost, just $1.00. This includes 30 pics and video embedding just as you may hope for. All these little extras are all inclusive, not something we charge for.

Naturally we have the spares category and everything else you would hope to find in any good auction site. So remember, completely free until the end of June, then just $1.00.

Please check us out at www.dealing.co.nz and support a kiwi company. :niceone:

98tls
18th May 2009, 22:25
Good luck and will do.

skidMark
18th May 2009, 23:49
Now thats more like it, trademe want your first born these days.

good shit.

Icemaestro
19th May 2009, 00:00
Wow lets help this place...3.80$ fee for selling something at 50$? whaaat...yay for cheapness

howdamnhard
19th May 2009, 00:03
Thats great ,hope it takes off. Trademe has become pricey ever since it was bought off.:niceone:

JimO
19th May 2009, 07:04
www.motorauction.co.nz

Bend-it
19th May 2009, 10:46
abit of feedback after a quick squiz...

can you use more drop down boxes to choose categories instead of having to navigate through so many layers of choices?

Eg. when I click on cars, immediately show all "car" listings, and then have drop down boxes to refine the search by brand, type etc.

Just my 2c... useability is key!

Quasievil
19th May 2009, 11:28
Put a couple of items up, feedback
1/ it dont like google Chrome (had to use Mozilla)
2/ got photos of about 1.5 mb limit was 500kb so thats a good thing as I can use the same pics for all sites.

looking good so well done and good luck

Marmoot
19th May 2009, 13:57
Cool huh?

Just a friendly advice mate:
- Your navigation is hard to use, especially with being so far to the left on widescreen format monitors (yes it is quite common nowadays). TradeMe's navigation is simple and effective being in the middle of the screen with relatively large font. Not saying you should copy it but they indeed have the main idea right. Ebay navigation sucks.
- Do press release to major news website (herald, scoop, stuff). Short one will do, but make sure to tell them your web address and why it is different from the other 271,882 trading websites. Wait....forget Stuff (they own TradeMe).

Bend-it
19th May 2009, 16:48
I think before this, you need to get people (or online shops) putting up lots of items for sale... otherwise joe public logs on once, sees there's not much on and doesn't come back...

munterk6
19th May 2009, 17:21
you definitely need good widespread exposure in the media to kick the ball off rolling. I will tell everyone I know about it...the rates are fantastic! I guess that will change as the usage increases:msn-wink:
Are you going to put up 'users currently online' stats? would be good to know how many are looking..
All the best..........:niceone:

Swoop
19th May 2009, 19:50
BetradeMe appears to be doing itself no favours, recently.
Viable alternatives are most welcome.

cave weta
19th May 2009, 20:17
Looks good - but it wont let me join!

gives me this as a reason!?

Warning: checkdate() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Core/Validation/Validation1.php on line 183

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Core/Validation/Validation1.php:183) in /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Lib/Validation/Handler.php on line 221

carver
19th May 2009, 20:23

Warning: checkdate() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Core/Validation/Validation1.php on line 183

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Core/Validation/Validation1.php:183) in /home/dealing/public_html/classes/Lib/Validation/Handler.php on line 221

i know what that says.

i had it happen to me

translation

No homo's allowed!

Taz
19th May 2009, 20:29
Lets all boycot trademe and use this site. Trademe = greedy.

sAsLEX
19th May 2009, 21:00
large image popout requires scrolling to see the whole pic, rather irritating.

Look at torpedo7.co.nz for a nice large image design.

cave weta
19th May 2009, 21:10
i know what that says.

i had it happen to me

translation

No homo's allowed!

If a homo reckons you are a homo then- are you a homo?

the hearse man
19th May 2009, 22:02
Just a friendly advice mate:
- Your navigation is hard to use, especially with being so far to the left on widescreen format monitors (yes it is quite common nowadays). TradeMe's navigation is simple and effective being in the middle of the screen with relatively large font. Not saying you should copy it but they indeed have the main idea right. Ebay navigation sucks.
- Do press release to major news website (herald, scoop, stuff). Short one will do, but make sure to tell them your web address and why it is different from the other 271,882 trading websites. Wait....forget Stuff (they own TradeMe).

Hey Marmoot, thanks for your comments. Regarding wide screen monitors, that's one of those tricky situations where we cant cater for everybodies monitors. No doubt one day soon enough they will be the standard format and we will rectify that. As far as navigation goes, well we only went live on May 9th, so the site is still a work in progress, we will do our best to fine tune it to what the majority of people want. Needless to say, we won't be able to please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we'll do our best. Regarding promotion, we're on a limited budget, but we're confident that our favorable rates will do well for us and as a result, word of mouth will help us go far.

All comments and suggestions are taken on board so please keep them coming.

Antony

the hearse man
19th May 2009, 22:09
abit of feedback after a quick squiz...

can you use more drop down boxes to choose categories instead of having to navigate through so many layers of choices?

Eg. when I click on cars, immediately show all "car" listings, and then have drop down boxes to refine the search by brand, type etc.

Just my 2c... useability is key!

Hey Bend-it
that's definitely on the hit list of things to change. Please feel free to critique the site further, it's all appreciated.

And thanks to everyone else for your positive encouraging comments. It's greatly appreciated. Naturally there's also skeptics out there too, but hey, that's cool. We're under no illusion that we have a big mountain to climb, but we're not shy to give it our all and show that aussie owned company that we'll rise up to the challenge!

Go the mighty Kiwi!

Marmoot
19th May 2009, 22:21
Regarding promotion, we're on a limited budget

Exactly why you should do small press release. It's 100% free and definitely gets attention (if they go through the editors' eyes).

An example of press release (by Interest.co.nz) (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10572988)
The worst that can happen is they don't get published and you loose 10 minutes of your life. :msn-wink:

mashman
20th May 2009, 12:40
I haven't looked at your site yet, but good on ya and all the best.

Might be worth contacting some job agencies, real etate agencies (they'll go ga ga for the idea of video), car dealers, salvage yards, manufacturers etc... perhaps just do a paper based flyer to your local ones and see where it goes from there...

sunhuntin
20th May 2009, 13:02
I think before this, you need to get people (or online shops) putting up lots of items for sale... otherwise joe public logs on once, sees there's not much on and doesn't come back...

yep, thats the reason i dont bother with zillion anymore... they never had anything interesting, and if they did, it was always brand new stuff. not good for someone who loves second hand stuff.

otherwise, site looks good. be nice to have some competition for tardme... their fees are beyond a joke!
i suggest you spend some time on both tardme general, and category suggestions. that way, you get to see exactly what changes people want tardme to do [mostly a wanted section] and can then "cater" to peoples tastes.

best of luck!

mashman
20th May 2009, 13:12
Just some stuff that I would have done... don't shoot, it's just what i'd do...

I'd make your logo a lot smaller as you're losing page real estate.

Auction of the day, hottest listings and recently listed change on a page refresh, it should be Auction of the second etc... What i would do in this case is have a horizontal marquee style of X Auctions of the Day and X items in vertical marquees for Hottest listings and latest listings.

I'd remove the Featured Items section and just replace it with a listing.

I'd remove the register icon from above Auction of the day.

I'd change some of the page layout and stylings, but that's your preference.

When using the menu on the left, i would expect to see listings in the centre and have the categories and sub-categories appear in a menu on the left, where the original menu was (just for navigation consistency).

Perhaps add a breadcrumb to navigate back up through the navigation structure.

I'd Remove the Buy tab as it's slow and might eventually slow things down even further when you're database loads up.

I'd get rid of the Show button on the buy page as it's not obvious, better off reloading the page when you change selection in the drop down.

I'd remove the red background icons from underneath the logo and move them to the right of your logo, but consolidate those that require an account into a My Account tab.

If you want red background icons underneath the logo, use them for quirky searches i.e. items with the highest hit rate, items that have had a price reduction, items that are under half price in comparison to the retail value, i dunno, but ya get the idea.

the hearse man
20th May 2009, 16:59

That's odd! what browser are you using?

cave weta
20th May 2009, 17:08
That's odd! what browser are you using?

Im now a member! it likes me!

How do you put something on your watchlist?

Marmoot
20th May 2009, 17:47
don't shoot, it's just what i'd do...

You criticise people for a living?

mashman
20th May 2009, 18:16
You criticise people for a living?

:nono: am a mild mannered janitor here. I've been building sites for the last 12 years and it's just what I would have done is all...

the hearse man
20th May 2009, 18:23
Im now a member! it likes me!

How do you put something on your watchlist?
You should see "watch this item" link within the auction directly under "quantity".
You do have to be logged in for the "watch this item" option to appear.

carver
20th May 2009, 18:24
If a homo reckons you are a homo then- are you a homo?

depends on the homo

Marmoot
20th May 2009, 19:47
:nono: am a mild mannered janitor here. I've been building sites for the last 12 years and it's just what I would have done is all...

Ahahahahah you'll hate me then.

I get paid to criticize the works of people like you. :bleh:

6ft5
20th May 2009, 20:14
well good on you, I have just registered and will use it soon to put a whole lot of stuff up for sale

will also spread the word

the hearse man
20th May 2009, 21:11
you definitely need good widespread exposure in the media to kick the ball off rolling. I will tell everyone I know about it...the rates are fantastic! I guess that will change as the usage increases:msn-wink:
Are you going to put up 'users currently online' stats? would be good to know how many are looking..
All the best..........:niceone:

Yeah, we'll look at doing that once we've got good numbers. At this stage, we're not even 2 weeks post launch but numbers are already building steadily. It certainly shows us there is demand for what we're offering.

the hearse man
20th May 2009, 21:13
well good on you, I have just registered and will use it soon to put a whole lot of stuff up for sale

will also spread the word

Bloody brilliant, great to have you onboard. Thanks for your support.

mashman
20th May 2009, 23:01
Ahahahahah you'll hate me then.

I get paid to criticize the works of people like you. :bleh:

ohhhh noooooo... i shan't hate you as you'll never know what i've done heh. I'd love a job like that but don't think i could take the pay cut :bleh:

Hearse, might be worth having a chat with the business manager at the bank as he/she will be able to help you develop sound growth plan and may be able to suggest acceptable levels of capital to get you that all too important advertising...

Failing that get a dozen or so people to right negative letters about the site to Fair Go or Close Up... there's no publicity like bad publicity... expecially when you turn it around :niceone:

Marmoot
20th May 2009, 23:09
ohhhh noooooo... i shan't hate you as you'll never know what i've done heh. I'd love a job like that but don't think i could take the pay cut :bleh:

Hearse, might be worth having a chat with the business manager at the bank as he/she will be able to help you develop sound growth plan and may be able to suggest acceptable levels of capital to get you that all too important advertising...

Failing that get a dozen or so people to right negative letters about the site to Fair Go or Close Up... there's no publicity like bad publicity... expecially when you turn it around :niceone:

O ho, matey. Let me tell you that online marketing goes the opposite of recession. Every business needs a presence, and online presence is simply much cheaper (not to mention trendier) than offline.
:msn-wink:

Hearse, if you need any advice at all feel free to give me a yell. Won't try to sell you anything since you're a biker.

vindy500
20th May 2009, 23:24
well i uploaded my bike.
issue 1. photo upload doesnt work on google chrome.

fire up firefox

2. no mass upload photos. pain in the butt but all good.

3. said listing failed when i submitted and had to redo it all again, the only thing i can think of is because i didnt enter a shipping amount. i didnt want to enter one! so i entered $300, hell ill drive it myself if someone want to pay that. now it says "can pick up $300", so are people gonna think it costs $300 to pick up? whats with that.

anyway support this shop people, buy my bike.

Hazzard
22nd May 2009, 21:40
I love the idea of sticking it to Trade me so i tried to register..... after the fifth attempt i gave up.<_<

the hearse man
22nd May 2009, 21:49
I love the idea of sticking it to Trade me so i tried to register..... after the fifth attempt i gave up.<_<

Hey Hazzard, is the system throwing up any sort of error message?
You're not Shane M by any chance?
If that's you they you are registered.
I'm back in CHCH on Tuesday so happy to help you get you get signed up and to find out why your registration is giving you grief.

skidMark
22nd May 2009, 22:07

Yep... i went to a couple of the "other" sites...which i actually cannot remember the names of...

to take over trademe or even be competitive even with low pricing is not easy.

Elysium
23rd May 2009, 20:21
Yay, I've listed the first ever Hornet for sale on the site. :wari:

sosman
23rd May 2009, 22:23
Just some stuff that I would have done... don't shoot, it's just what i'd do...

I'd make your logo a lot smaller as you're losing page real estate.

Auction of the day, hottest listings and recently listed change on a page refresh, it should be Auction of the second etc... What i would do in this case is have a horizontal marquee style of X Auctions of the Day and X items in vertical marquees for Hottest listings and latest listings.

I'd remove the Featured Items section and just replace it with a listing.

I'd remove the register icon from above Auction of the day.

I'd change some of the page layout and stylings, but that's your preference.

When using the menu on the left, i would expect to see listings in the centre and have the categories and sub-categories appear in a menu on the left, where the original menu was (just for navigation consistency).

Perhaps add a breadcrumb to navigate back up through the navigation structure.

I'd Remove the Buy tab as it's slow and might eventually slow things down even further when you're database loads up.

I'd get rid of the Show button on the buy page as it's not obvious, better off reloading the page when you change selection in the drop down.

I'd remove the red background icons from underneath the logo and move them to the right of your logo, but consolidate those that require an account into a My Account tab.

If you want red background icons underneath the logo, use them for quirky searches i.e. items with the highest hit rate, items that have had a price reduction, items that are under half price in comparison to the retail value, i dunno, but ya get the idea.

good advice me reckons

quickbuck
23rd May 2009, 22:24
Yay, I've listed the first ever Hornet for sale on the site. :wari:
Congrats....
Good luck with the Sale.
You planing on getting a replacement?

As for the site:
Well, yes, the Nav could do with a make over....
Other than that, I'm in no position to comment, as i don't really know what I'm talking about....
Then I am used to SAP at work, so anything on the Net is better!

Elysium
24th May 2009, 06:51
Congrats....
Good luck with the Sale.
You planing on getting a replacement?

Yeah looking at something like a VTR1000. Just selling because I want another bike.

Taz
24th May 2009, 08:18
One thing that has always frustrated me about trademe is that there is no way of putting up a wanted ad. Especially in bike parts etc. How about wanted sections within classifications?
Andy.

laRIKin
24th May 2009, 08:22
One thing that has always frustrated me about trademe is that there is no way of putting up a wanted ad. Especially in bike parts etc. How about wanted sections within classifications?
Andy.

I have thought the same thing.
But it would be hard for them to make as much money on a add like that as there would be no commission.

Taz
24th May 2009, 08:25
They could charge a buck to place it?

BMWST?
24th May 2009, 11:16
well i uploaded my bike.
issue 1. photo upload doesnt work on google chrome.

fire up firefox

2. no mass upload photos. pain in the butt but all good.

3. said listing failed when i submitted and had to redo it all again, the only thing i can think of is because i didnt enter a shipping amount. i didnt want to enter one! so i entered $300, hell ill drive it myself if someone want to pay that. now it says "can pick up $300", so are people gonna think it costs $300 to pick up? whats with that.

anyway support this shop people, buy my bike.

how ironic.....want people to buy your bike of dealing,but have a trade me link.

Dakara
24th May 2009, 11:47
Trademe's a ripoff.... bump to replace it!

vindy500
24th May 2009, 12:12
how ironic.....want people to buy your bike of dealing,but have a trade me link.

well, not overly worried where they buy it from to be honest

Meanie
24th May 2009, 13:12
I registered but didnt realise it had worked untill i went out and back in under my user name. Might be a good idea to have some sort of notification to say your registration secceded. I will definitly support this site, Ill put one of my surpluss work vehicles on it tomorrow

NordieBoy
25th May 2009, 08:15
I have thought the same thing.
But it would be hard for them to make as much money on a add like that as there would be no commission.

No problems.

A wanted ad would be free to place and contains a synopsis of what you're after, an expected price range, area you're happy getting it from and for the people with said item a nice big "I've got one" button that starts a new auction and emails the wantee automatically.

I've mentioned this to TM several times and even went as far as mocking up a series of pages to show what I meant but to no avail.

Taz
25th May 2009, 12:22
We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

Got it Dealing? :yes:

Elysium
25th May 2009, 17:10
Has anyone figured out how to rearrange your photos so you can choose which one is to be your main photo? My ad shows my givi screen and not my bike > < and still haven't found a way to fix it.

DELLORTO
25th May 2009, 20:17
dont you think the 'r18' section is abit unessesary....<_<

cave weta
25th May 2009, 21:53
faark this!... I jst spent ages listing an Item, uploaded 6 photos wrote a great spiel about why you should buy it. then pressed start listing- and it says FAILED LISTING.
so I wait for it to show me where the mistake was, but no- it just dumps the lot and wants me to start again.
and yes- you cant juggle photos.
so I think mr hearse needs to copy TMs systems a little closer- they work, his dont.

NighthawkNZ
25th May 2009, 21:56
faark this!... I jst spent ages listing an Item, uploaded 6 photos wrote a great spiel about why you should buy it. then pressed start listing- and it says FAILED LISTING.
so I wait for it to show me where the mistake was, but no- it just dumps the lot and wants me to start again.
so I think mr hearse needs to copy TMs systems a little closer- they work, his dont.

my guess with out even looking and or knowing is that the images were way to big and out side the sites settings and limits

cave weta
25th May 2009, 22:03
my guess with out even looking and or knowing is that the images were way to big and out side the sites settings and limits

6 x 38-42kb photos

sil3nt
26th May 2009, 00:27
Are you aware that there is already a site out their that offers free listings an no success fees? http://www.sella.co.nz/help/basics/what-is-sella/

Soon someone is going to come a long and pay you to list items.

mashman
26th May 2009, 12:43
Are you aware that there is already a site out their that offers free listings an no success fees? http://www.sella.co.nz/help/basics/what-is-sella/

Soon someone is going to come a long and pay you to list items.

Now that's a good site, clean and fresh, little clutter and piss easy to use.

I would however, hee hee, shift the categories/regions menus away from the top of the screen so that the pics appear there and then... perhaps on the left or in a drop down, who knows, who cares, but i likey the site.

sil3nt
26th May 2009, 13:21
Now that's a good site, clean and fresh, little clutter and piss easy to use.

I would however, hee hee, shift the categories/regions menus away from the top of the screen so that the pics appear there and then... perhaps on the left or in a drop down, who knows, who cares, but i likey the site.Thats exactly what i was thinking. They don't have a search for motorcycles either so it makes it quite difficult too search through them all.

Kinda makes me wonder why dealing.co.nz would open with such an unfinished site.

gatch
26th May 2009, 13:23
Good luck man, fuck trade me.

NighthawkNZ
26th May 2009, 13:55
6 x 38-42kb photos

prints size or screen size not file size

Quasievil
28th May 2009, 12:21
Well I listed some of the new jackets at $599 and somehow its now listed as $2990 for a jacket.................I didnt do it ???

Weird

NordieBoy
28th May 2009, 21:50
Well I listed some of the new jackets at $599 and somehow its now listed as $2990 for a jacket.................I didnt do it ???

Weird

See how many sell before you change it :D

TripleZee Dyno
29th May 2009, 08:28

Weird
I could swap you my bits that are also now worth $2990
Cant edit the price
we shall see how it all goes

Laava
30th May 2009, 22:16
Just my 2c but dealing.co has an off-putting layout. Assuming that a lot of people check it out to see what is listed, the main tool bar has; Home, Sell. Want it now, My dealing account, Items I'm selling and Help.
If you want to find things that are for sale, there is no direction. Of course you will find it at the Home page but it does not suck you in there as it should. And "Want it now?" Should that have "Big boy" after it?
Sorry, as much as I would like to see TM pull their collective head in and drop some of their increased charges, Dealing.co is not going to sway them. IMHO

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 18:59
I registered but didnt realise it had worked untill i went out and back in under my user name. Might be a good idea to have some sort of notification to say your registration secceded. I will definitly support this site, Ill put one of my surpluss work vehicles on it tomorrow

Done and sorted!

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:01
Andy.

As per your request, we now have a "wanted items" section. 3rd red tab at the top.

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:02
We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

We want 'WANTED' Ads

Got it Dealing? :yes:

Done

Done

Done!!!:niceone:

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:05
Has anyone figured out how to rearrange your photos so you can choose which one is to be your main photo? My ad shows my givi screen and not my bike > < and still haven't found a way to fix it.

The show in the sequence you load them in. Easiest way would be to just delete your add and relist it. We will look at making that editable though.

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:08
dont you think the 'r18' section is abit unessesary....<_<

Nope, I don't.
We have how ever just made alterations so big blue vibrators don't appear on the main page so not to offend the sensitive types out there.

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:11

Sorry about that. Seems to be a little random glitch in the system. A few people have reported that bug, but most don't have a problem. Rest assured, we are looking to resolve it. We are constantly looking to improve things and make it more user friendly so all suggestions and complaints are welcome.

RantyDave
5th June 2009, 19:11
Oh? Are we in to being tightarses now? Awesome.

http://www.sellmefree.co.nz/

If TradeMe charges you $70 but you get $100 more as a result then ... win ... right?

Dave

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:13
Thats exactly what i was thinking. They don't have a search for motorcycles either so it makes it quite difficult too search through them all.

Kinda makes me wonder why dealing.co.nz would open with such an unfinished site.

We're looking at making a few changes over the next few weeks. Watch this space.

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:14
Good luck man, fuck trade me.

That's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said.
Pure poetry!

the hearse man
5th June 2009, 19:20

Weird

We're working on that one too as discussed via email. Just pull the add and relist.

Our developer has just been away in the UK for the last few weeks and got back yesterday, so now we're full swing into correcting all previously mentioned issues.

Thanks to everyone for you support, comments and feedback so far.
Just for the record, once this starts generating revenue, I'm buying another motorbike. I've been without for way too long.

caseye
5th June 2009, 20:14
On ya mate, keep riding as far as I'm concerend that'll make our point of view even more pertinent.Any and all opposition/competition for trademe is good keep up the good work.

the hearse man
6th June 2009, 08:59
Oh? Are we in to being tightarses now? Awesome.

http://www.sellmefree.co.nz/

If TradeMe charges you $70 but you get $100 more as a result then ... win ... right?

Dave

True enough, but that's not always the case. I guess you have to look at the bottom line though, if there is a considerable cheaper alternative that becomes well supported, then that means more money back in the sellers pockets. If however, you want just one company to retain the monopoly and continue to increase prices as they see fit, then by all means go ahead and continue supporting them. It's your money after all.

the hearse man
6th June 2009, 09:03
On ya mate, keep riding as far as I'm concerend that'll make our point of view even more pertinent.Any and all opposition/competition for trademe is good keep up the good work.

Yeah, seems as though a lot of people are keen to see trademe get some opposition. Subsequently. If money eventually permits, I can see myself on a big smelly old GL1500. Mike (the other half fo Dealing) has his heart set on a Ducati 1098. We're both ex motorcyclists keen to get back on 2 wheels. Can't bloody wait.

idb
6th June 2009, 14:24
What...???!!!
You don't have a "Community" so that talk-back callers can vent their uninformed spleens while online, or marj57 can compare stretchmark removal creams with SusieP...!!
Surely an oversight?

the hearse man
6th June 2009, 16:14
What...???!!!
You don't have a "Community" so that talk-back callers can vent their uninformed spleens while online, or marj57 can compare stretchmark removal creams with SusieP...!!
Surely an oversight?

Yep, community forums are in the pipelines.

idb
6th June 2009, 16:31
Yep, community forums are in the pipelines.
'
Sorry...I should have put 'P/T' after my post.

Quasievil
11th June 2009, 09:06
We're working on that one too as discussed via email. Just pull the add and relist.

Our developer has just been away in the UK for the last few weeks and got back yesterday, so now we're full swing into correcting all previously mentioned issues.

Thanks to everyone for you support, comments and feedback so far.
Just for the record, once this starts generating revenue, I'm buying another motorbike. I've been without for way too long.

Pulled the Ad and relisted it and its showing the wrong price still bro

Quasievil
11th June 2009, 09:11
I ended the Auction and had another crack at relisting them, but they both disappeared !! should have been in items not sold, but nope they gone burger.

I will leave it for now until its soughted properly, good luck and I look forward to doing something with you later

the hearse man
17th September 2009, 07:08
Allrighties peoples, www.dealing.co.nz has been fully re-written, re-vamped and re-coded. Now running 100% free until the end of the year, then just $1.00 to sell or list anything. The down side is due to the re-coding, our old membership database isn't compatible with the new software, so previous members will have to rejoin to use the service. Anyway, check out this cool laser engraved Suzuki Katana:

http://www.dealing.co.nz/home/auction_details.php?name=Suzuki-Katana-Laser-Engraving&auction_id=100040

NighthawkNZ
17th September 2009, 07:24
'
Sorry...I should have put 'P/T' after my post.

just send them to KB to talk about that... they will fit right in

smartbid
3rd May 2015, 10:54
Lets all boycot trademe and use this site. Trademe = greedy.

i do agree - here is our new site www.smartbid.nz

Laava
3rd May 2015, 19:52
I hope your harley works better than your link!

Ocean1
3rd May 2015, 19:58
I hope your harley works better than your link!

Worked OK yesterday.

Just wasn't anything there. Yet.

Smifffy
3rd May 2015, 20:11
Doesn't work now. Wow one post to dredge up an ancient post to shill his new non-working website. Should fit right in here.

JayDNZ
30th December 2015, 11:44
So I'm guessing the site didn't really taker off?.. Links are dead now, granted it;s an old thread.