View RSS Feed

all4A50s newbie experience

experiences of returning to riding and racing.

1. And the quicker it goes.

I spent a nice 1/2 hr practicing starting on Zensen in 2nd and managed to scrub 1.3 secs off over a 110 mtr distance. With some more practice I will hope scrub another 1/2 seconds.

The bike does have a miss when idling, which it didn't happen until I put in the race cams and doesn't effect power at the back wheel.

Ikasu is also coming along. I have changed her over to racer change so I don't stuff up gear changes this Sunday. Started putting on race sliders, dropped ...
  2. Baby got balls

The mods to Zensen have worked well. She feels stable in cornering and ready to pounce with only a little throttle, I can't wait to give her a real fistful. It all of my control not to given the new valves and cams. I'll take her out again tomorrow a couple more times to run everything in before the Dyno run on Monday.

Ikasu is slowly but surely getting race ready. Test rode her as until I ran out of gas. The gear changer still has a lot to be desired, but should be ready for a test ...
  3. THey are alive, alive, alive I tell ya

A good day with both bikes firing into life. I spent a couple of hours putting Ikasu back together and she showed her appreciation by firing up first kick. Mark has done her proud with the engine work as it feels a lot smoother.

The next step give both of them seats so I can test ride them.
  4. IT LIVES (again)

Zensen started this morning after I finished putting her together. There is a big BUT with the battery getting 16.7 volts, which means the regulator/rectifier maybe fried. So more fun testing
  5. Weather Dam You.

THIS WEATHER IS SO FRUSTRATING. It's simply to cold and wet to do much work in the garage

In saying that my hands haven't been completely idle. The parts arrived last week for Zensen and ended up only replacing the exhaust valves and seals as all I could find was a lot of carbon build up. I've fitted the race shock (which lifted the back end by at least 3 cm), which I can't wait to try out as this should give me a higher corner exit speed. When comparing the race cams to the standard ...
  6. Mouth wet with anticipation

Supplier sent me photo's of the parts he sending me. It's like waiting for Santa's presents. I managed to scrape up the money for a race shock and cams so come September I'll be back.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. How do I hide the cost this time from my wife

The eternal question posed many a husband since men have tried to faster.

Last weekend I took my older daughter up to ride (giving me an excuse so I could race there) at Roy's Hill go-kart track, which she did with much enjoyment. I must admit I had my heart, lungs and stomach stuck in my throat each time she headed out with visions of broken bone x-rays and a very angry wife. But by the end of the second days racing I was one very proud Dad with the way she rode.

8. passed 5% and a new bucket racer gets it.

Sunday morning and rain is looking as though it is settling in for the day, which is a real bummer after the progress Amy made yesterday;

She figured out how to use the clutch so when she is not reading all she is wanting to do is ride. I had her follow me on a DS80 and we went to a very little used dead end street that has a couple of nice bends in it. By the end she was riding along in fourth quite happily. Still is skittish about cornering, but that will come.

I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast