View RSS Feed

General Bike Ravings

Biker culture, politics and general issues.

1. Finally...

Ikasu is running fantastically. Last week I replaced the fork seals and cleaned up the master cylinder. Thank god I did as it's what saved me from certain disaster and great placings during the carnage last Sunday:

First fun race; I finished first from getting a great start, where I was able to shoot ahead of everyone else. #808 did pass me on the last lap but I was able to brake later than him on the last corner. I nearly ended up trying to merge with the back of another bike though! ...
  2. they will battle again

hings are a stirring
    in attempt to bring true
    my buckets to be purring

Exhaust re-welded so tight and strong
    wrapping around the base & side
    making Ikasu sleek and lean
    and noise cut to a square charge.

If the unluckiness was to arise
    where I have tarmac to taste
    I only hope the added sliders
    will leave and trace
    no more than marks.

The smaller of the 2
    is being built anew
  3. Two days racing down

Well Ikasu has been out now twice with mixed results. First day was the 15-3 and what a blast. While still needing decent exhaust she ran well. It took most of the day to get used to her, but by the end of the day I was able to take her to her limit and she just smiled and seem to love (performed better) it.

The next day was the 22-3 and after the warm up she packed a big sad and was not going to go around the track at all with missing and farting and generally made me aware she ...
  4. She Lives... ha ha ha (my attempt as an evil laugh)

Finished mounting the engine on Ikasu and she's a she's purring like a pussy. I ended up with the bike drained of her life's juices and upside down on a work bench since my last post. As I started welding mounts in place my mig tip decided to become part of the weld.

I also managed to re-run the exhaust as so it now doesn't interfere with the rear break. I'm probably going to change the rear sprocket to much larger one given Kaitohe is apparently quite ...
  5. time to get serious

We'll Ikasu runs but with a couple of tiny issues; i.e., the chain is getting destroyed due to catching on something. So she's off to see guru on building bikes.

The GSXR400 IS NOW ROAD LEGAL much to my delight. It has been a great learning curve and confidence builder for me building her. Ironically, I'm now debating selling her as we are looking to buy a house and it would be a easy couple of grand to raise, but am attached to her with amount of ...
  6. Ops

My word its been a while since I've posted an entry.

Just after Christmas I raced at Taupo (on Wanisami), which while being a blast (even though I totally blew the start really showed that I need a F4 semi-competitive bucket to be satisfied so i can race in decent entered race.

Hence the birth of "IKASU" (Japanese slang for "out of date but cool"); I'm taking a Yamaha RX125 engine and putting it into a Suzuki RG50 rolling frame. So far it has cost me 275 for the Yamaha, ...
  7. second day out.

Went out racing for the second time today (at the Slip[way, Brooklyn) and discovered that my bike really doesn't like drinking water!! back to the drawing board.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456