View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. G*! damn carbs

Finished putting the DS80 together, fixed the oil leak and she's great for about 400m then the carb blocks up again so a fun filled couple of hours of cleaning out the fuel system. Should be a good learning curve for Biker Bee.

Mean while I'll be putting my first bucket (an RG50 called Wanisami) back together as a back up bike for her. I'd rebuilt Wani with the seat moved forward as an intermediate bike due to B.Bee small stature. Now just needs a working front brake and a better ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DS80 lives again

Have just spent the last couple of weeks rebuilding the engine of Biker Bee's bucket. Even though the engine was still running I discovered the piston skirt had broke into little balls, travelled through the transfer ports and kept fouling the spark plug.

So I decided to use the spare engine and see the photos to see what I found. Gotta love a farmer's care of machinery.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1314.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	254923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1316.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	254924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1317.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	254925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1318.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	794.7 KB 
ID:	254926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1319.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	810.4 KB 
ID:	254927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1320.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	784.6 KB 
ID:	254928  
  3. Waiting for clear weathered health

As much as it pains me, so to speak, not racing at Taupo last weekend really hit hard. The port-a-cath they had put in for chemo became infected so i got stuck in Hospital for 9 days, followed by IV antibiotics twice a day.

Tomorrow I'm back off to see the consultant, which Im quite nervous about as I want the picc line out. it driving me to distraction with constant itching, is a reminder of whats going on, and leaves me sitting around the house unable to do much at all.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mouth wet with anticipation

Supplier sent me photo's of the parts he sending me. It's like waiting for Santa's presents. I managed to scrape up the money for a race shock and cams so come September I'll be back.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. passed 5% and a new bucket racer gets it.

Sunday morning and rain is looking as though it is settling in for the day, which is a real bummer after the progress Amy made yesterday;

She figured out how to use the clutch so when she is not reading all she is wanting to do is ride. I had her follow me on a DS80 and we went to a very little used dead end street that has a couple of nice bends in it. By the end she was riding along in fourth quite happily. Still is skittish about cornering, but that will come.

I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Smooth as butter

Kerry has performed a feat of magic on Zensen's forks. He has installed gold emulsion valves and removed the sag. Unfortunately the last meet was rained out so I have missed out very much trying them out. lets hope the meet next month weather is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. and now onto landing

Well the bike is putting out the right stuff, but stopping at the other end is now an issue. I am about to strip the forks off to have them rebuilt and will be getting a YSF shock in the near future. After the Fish rode my bike and clocked the same lap times while battling the bike has led me to getting the suspension rebuilt and moving the seat back to get some more space to move around on the bike.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. And we are still jumping

Round three is done and dusted.
    Big thumbs up to fish for his amazing abilities of the organizational type and still go out and win on bikes he hasn't raced before. And to Zensen who showed her true form;

Started the day with a walk around the track with a group of riders. Got some pointers for lines to follow.

Practice race; Started in fourth, finished in second. Went fast and don't remember a thing except for trying to keep to the lines we spoke about earlier. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast