View RSS Feed

Bike & Product Reviews

Review bikes & Bike products you have owned / rided

1. It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard

Don't they say something along the lines of preparation is key, or something to that effect.

One must also include in this, "check any engine mods you have done religiously when trying out something new!"

Half way through the first race of the day my engine got very very noisy to where it sounded like one of the cam chain guides had shat itself. What is was the piston grinding against the edge of the cylinder wall as one of the brass buches and aluminum bullets had ...
  2. Merry Christmas. happy New Year, Let the rubber hit the track & ride without a care.

Tomorrow is the first round of the King of Kaitoke and I can't wait. For me it's like being a kid on Christmas Eve and being unable to sleep cause your too exited.

I am going back to B Grade as I am not fast enough for A Grade. This should also working in favour for winning both B grade and King of Kaitoke as I am running 5 second quicker laps and am on a much faster bike.

From the people who were in B grade last year;
    Caleb would have been the toughest to race ...
  3. Getting there like a turtle

The clip on handlebars arrived finally. I still need to drill the holes for the controls. I have been surprised that the clip ons aren't going to hit the fairing, much to might delight. I got them from faddybike. While being at the more expensive end of the Thai parts suppliers, the quality so far has been very high.

Oh well back to garage...
  4. And on it goes

Inspired by CG125 Bucket Project thread in the buckets forum I have decided to strip the chassis back (apart from the steering head) and clean it up. With the engine is out it is the prime opportunity to do some serious cleaning and making the bike look as good as I can. It will give me a chance to get rid of all that annoying surface rust and paint up the other parts/modifications that I made for the bike but never did anything about painting.

I'll post photos later.
  5. FIRST OPPS and Way better bike

Well finished the season by coming off; Finally got the bike to where I am comfortable to ride her, started the last lap... second corner with bike on my arse, rear slick not scrubbed in enough, wet track and sliding we did go - broken rearset and gear changer and dented tank.

I realised tonight I finished in 7th place in my grade. This is the same place I finished in my first year of bucket racing and following year I won the grade. Let's hope it's a good sign.

Mods ...