View RSS Feed

General Bike Ravings

Biker culture, politics and general issues.

1. What a long road of Prep III

10.30 the night before a meet and the scramble to prep the bikes and load up is finally over.

Ended up swapping the fairing, tank and seat on Ikasu with Wanisami to tidy her up. I found an RG50 fairing which I put on Wanisami for shits and giggles and with the longer seat, number boards and tank she looks like a classic retro bucket.paint job even works.

Oh well off to laa laa land before a delightful 5.45am start.

I'll post some photos as soon as I ...
  2. What a long road of Prep II

As always buckets are being pulled apart and rebuilt;

ISSHAU; tyres fitted, sump plug wired but have changed the mudguard to a longer one. Biker Bee had a great time sticking decals and her numbers on to the bike

ZENSEN; Parts being pulled off and paint job touched up. Biker Bee tried to ride her but the bike really is to heavy for her and she fell over so we'll probably use Isshau for the enduro. Have found a front fairing and new race seat for her, which I'll be getting ...
  3. What a long road of Prep

Biker Bee and myself have feverishly prepping our stable of buckets, getting ready for the next KoK. We need to make the next meeting in Sept though to give the bikes and good shake down. here's how they stand;

IKASU ("Old but cool"), RX125 powered RG50 chassis, mid repairs, looking at transplanting engine into another frame.

WANISAMI ("Sword"), RG50, all ready to go. If anyone wants to have a turn at buckets PM me.

ZENSEN ("Fight the good fight"), CBR150, ...
  4. Feeling the beauty of riding the perfect race

Well the one last time ride I expected the last one to be wasn't and was followed by 2 practices and and 11/2 days of racing.

This first practice was lots of heart leaping little thomas the tank engine's "I can do this, I can do this."

The second practice was lets get some decent laps times and was more than happy with 46 sec laps (about a sec off my top consistent times)

With first day weather packing up and I crashing I'd had enough and went home after ...
  5. I now see the beauty of riding the perfect race

I now see the beauty of riding the perfect race as for those 8 - 10 laps your out giving it your all and you become lost in the simple task of riding your bike. Almost nothing else going on in your life matters.

I raced late last month for "one last time" before going into hospital for treatment for cancer. It was the first time my health really affected my riding as I couldn't breath.

Tomorrow I am being admitted into Wgtn Hosp for further tests and start chemo and ...
  6. And the quicker it goes.

I spent a nice 1/2 hr practicing starting on Zensen in 2nd and managed to scrub 1.3 secs off over a 110 mtr distance. With some more practice I will hope scrub another 1/2 seconds.

The bike does have a miss when idling, which it didn't happen until I put in the race cams and doesn't effect power at the back wheel.

Ikasu is also coming along. I have changed her over to racer change so I don't stuff up gear changes this Sunday. Started putting on race sliders, dropped ...
  7. Baby got balls

The mods to Zensen have worked well. She feels stable in cornering and ready to pounce with only a little throttle, I can't wait to give her a real fistful. It all of my control not to given the new valves and cams. I'll take her out again tomorrow a couple more times to run everything in before the Dyno run on Monday.

Ikasu is slowly but surely getting race ready. Test rode her as until I ran out of gas. The gear changer still has a lot to be desired, but should be ready for a test ...
  8. THey are alive, alive, alive I tell ya

A good day with both bikes firing into life. I spent a couple of hours putting Ikasu back together and she showed her appreciation by firing up first kick. Mark has done her proud with the engine work as it feels a lot smoother.

The next step give both of them seats so I can test ride them.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast