Blog Comments

Lmao. I love this country. Mental as anything.
    Yeah, if his buddy on the scooter was not there to get in the way, it could have been quite messy. I didn't even notice the taxi at the time, otherwise I would have followed him, with the camera and all... and wouldn't it have been great if he had one of those stickers eh.
    Salmon is about the only one I can handle raw too.
    Blimey -- good thing the biker didn't pin it from the lights, or he wouldn't be getting up so easily after that. Did they get the taxi (remembering the taxi's bumper stickers, heh!)? Or did he piss off quick-smart?

I'm like to do salmon and whitefish, but tuna always gets me. I can't get my head around tuna being raw lol.
    Afterwards I realised that those in the pic are all for bikes that have shocks on either side, so the price is for the pair of them - that makes it a bit better eh?
    I've been keeping an eye out for replacement shocks for my twin FVQs, and there seems plenty for around $1500 or so; and those are fairly unknown brands. If those really are Öhlins I wouldn't be that surprised. Crazy, eh! On the other side, I've seen MDI twin shocks for under $200; Bonez recommended them to me, they obviously aren't Öhlins but I bet they're a hell of a lot better than Honda FVQs.
    Yes. There's nowhere to hide on the net is there...?
    Ahhh, so this you then: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=28926

Very small world.

Good choice of bike too!
    Ahhh, so this you then: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=28926

Very small world.

Good choice of bike too!
    And after all that I will still have to sit a test in NZ to get a bike license when I move back. Jeez....
    Any updates on the wee VFR? Have been looking on Yahoo Auctions Japan again and salivating over the excess of really low mileage old bikes in (largely) good nick. Cosmetics, though, as your post suggests, isn't everything.
    Indeed. But somehow the 'more traffic, more risk' is not quite adding up for me, at least for Auckland/Tokyo. The more I read these forums, the more I find it hard to believe that for the comparitively small riding population that NZ has, there are so many accidents! Cager awareness of bikes is better here, but I wonder if that is the only factor...?
    That's a pretty trick helmet. I'm only a young guy, still at uni -- so looked into being a bike courier around Auckland. Kind of gave up on that idea after a couple guys I knew doing it had some nasty accidents, one of them again after he recovered.

Seems the more time you spend riding in a heavy traffic urban environment (not that Auckland's got a patch on Tokyo, lol!) the higher the risk of getting squished.

Would be fun, though.
    They've got the mini-choppers here...horrible, dangerous little things.
    Wow, that's commitment & cost. And we groan about the user pays system here.
    Mmmm... I need new grips, want a shiny round headlight, indicators, rear shocks... speedo too...

Lucky prick.
    Strange looking beast. I bet it corners like crap as well.