View RSS Feed

Bike Gear

Keeping your skin on your body

1. New boots

I finally got some waterproof boots today, and right in the middle of a typhoon too, so I used them straight away. I've been wanting to get a these for about a year now but whenever I go and check they never have my size. My feet aren't even huge or anything (a little over size 10) but finding shoes of my size in Japan is bloody hard. They offer to order them for me but I'd have to buy them and I didn't want to do that without trying them first. ...
    Categories
    Bike Gear
  2. Moto-guzzi a pipe and slippers bike?

This gentleman certainly seems to think so, for the slippers anyway. Maybe he left his pipe at home. This is a great example of how people here are pretty carefree with what they wear while riding - this fellow's gear could almost pass for pajamas. Rather than ATGATT, it's more like NGATT. On the other hand though, they don't go around crashing bikes anywhere near as often as Kiwis do, at least from what I can tell reading the forums here! ...
    Categories
    Bike Gear
  3. 'Ricoland' bike supermarket

I stopped by the Shinonome Ricoland today, my wife was picking up some frame sliders for the SV. Ricoland, standing for 'riders community land' is a chain of stores selling all kinds of stuff for bikes. They sell all kinds of clothing, boots, helmets, accessories (covers, locks, GPS gizmos, intercoms etc), commonly upgraded things (mufflers, suspension, brakes, lights etc), and of course consumable like ...
    Categories
    Bike Gear