View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. 2015 tt2000

TT2000 2015
    The website with details of this years TT2000 was up and running in July 2014 with the injunction that you should make a coffee and then spend a couple of hours working through.
    This years version had a twist, as always, There was both a Northern and a Southern start and never the twain shall meet until the end in Christchurch.. also the starting time was 12 noon on the Friday not 6 pm, with the finish at 12 noon on Sunday in Christchurch. Lake the last year you worked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Motorcycling on Vancouver Island

A DAYS MOTORCYCLING ON VANCOUVER ISLAND

1. Just before Christmas 2013 we had been planning a trip to Canada and up to Alaska. Taking into account the distance and time to make it worth-while we had booked out three weeks. That left us with eight days at the end to tour Vancouver Island and then to travel through the Rocky Mountains to Jasper and Banff,

2. I had checked out motorcycle rentals in both Vancouver and Victoria, and then flagged the matter as being ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. TT 2000 Continued

Day 3 Sunday 23 February
    As planned I was up at 4 am and on the Road at 4.20 am heading out of Blenheim onto SH 63 towards St Arnaud on the shore of Lake Rotoiti at Nelson Lakes. When I left Blenheim it was a barmy 18 degrees. I dressed accordingly The ST has a temperature gauge and I watched the gauge plummet to down to 10 degrees and I began to notice the cold. I pulled in at the photo check point at the jetty at Lake Rotoiti. It was pitch black. Try as I might I couldn't get a photo of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. TT 2000 First 2 Days

TT 2000
    As soon as I learned that the TT2000 web site was up and running last year I was in for a good look around.
    I was intrigued to see that there was a North Island start. I began to work out a route. After reviewing routes I sent in my entry and booked my ferry fares.
    At various times I went back in for a further look and a review my route especially when Ferry disruption loomed. There was no set route to follow this time. The rules were cover 2000 kms. and collect photo ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 500 Miles in Under 12 Hours

Hamilton Ulysses 500 Miler, 9 October 2011

Hamilton branch runs an annual 500 mile ride early in October each year.

The ride is organized by David Coy, originally as a training ride for the Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge.

The route is kept secret until the morning of the ride. In this instance I got to know the day before as David handed me a set of information sheets on the Saturday and asked me to take them out to Cambridge to meet the riders who would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized