View RSS Feed

DingoZ's Blog

1. Delivery and 1st Ride

Oh Oh Oh Oh My Gawd....!!!!!.....

I just came in my trousers.......

Left work at 4:00
    Rode like a demon (albeit a Hyo demon) home
    Pulled into the driveway
    Saw the WMC Ute with my shiny beastie on the back of it at the end of the driveway.....

Off comes the jkt and helmet, out comes the camera. Off the ute comes the bike.....

Paperwork and a run down on the bike from Jim.....Slipped some $ to the man, and for the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. It's arrived

28th Febuary - Wet, Cold, Blowing like a barsteward. But you could not wipe the smile from my face even if you had me with a ten foot pole..

Reason.........My new steed arrived...

So it was off to the shop to see it uncrated.

Thanks to Pete from WMC for taking the time out to do this. Was just like christmas.

Gotta like the way they are packed up and transported nowadays.

Some pics included. Only took the boxing off, ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. The journey and The Choice

Well, what can I say except..."Why didn't I get into this motorbiking caper earlier".

What an absolutely fantastic and exhillarating 13 months it has been.

The Beginning, L Plate Time

After listening to a work colleague talk at me constantly with stories about his adventures on his various bikes. And the simple fact at the time that petrol was on the rise, add in the cost of parking, I decided to investigate the possibility of getting a motorbike... ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. 6R REPORT

Do a little dance.....

YEAH BABY.........:Bye Bye Bye to the Yellow

The 6R Dissected for AA Lower Hutt

1. Allow more time than the recommended 30 minutes to complete the paperwork before hand, as they are usually running late. And murphy's law says that the customer in front of you will be the difficult one, that takes more time than anyone else.....

2. Book your test online, it saves lots of time......

3. Relax ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. First time as a Pillion

02/04

After dropping my bike off at TSS for it's 8000km service. Grub turned up for a coffee and a chat. Didn't really want to go to the dirty, unclean McBun just up from TSS, so Grub suggessted a nice cafe in Jackson Street, petone "The Screaming Turtle". So it was on with the gear and up onto the back of Grub's bike.

My first time as a pillion I might add. Okay totally different sensation that was. Sitting there, upright, not holding onto anything in front ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Grubs report - My report coming

Day One from Grubs point of view

Sorry it took so long, people to see, places to go, things to do ... and all that. Once I got home, I realised that I'd hardly taken any pics because I have a new phone and hadn't worked out the taking pics bit. Then when I did take them, they're the same as what the others did ... oh well

We had a good group leaving Rimutex myself CBR600, Dingoz (he made this happen) with the two-tone GT250R, Diego (he caused it to happen) on his Yammy ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Great Loer Nth Island Loop

North Island - The Great Lower North Island Loop Ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to circumstances beyond our control, one KB member decided to Ride from Wellngton to Taupo on 15 March 2008. In typical KB fashion, this has been blown all out of proportion with a number of us wanting to go with him and then have a long cruisy ride around the lower north island. We're getting quite keen on the idea now and serious ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Saturday 5th Ride Report

When > Sat 5th
    Where > Wairarapa Back Roads
    Who > Dingoz - Fire351 - Mowgli - Bull - Mark - BuckBuckNo1

Bikes > 3 x Hyosungs - 1 x Aprilia - 2 x Honda's

Well the call went out for any interested parties for a ride on the 5th.

Those that didn't go to the track, came out for a great days ride.

Check out the link of route taken.. http://www.quikmaps.com/show/53063

The day dawned a cracker and the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast