Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by shrub
    I remember when bucket racing was based on shitty old commuters with stock engine maybe hotted up and everything that wasn't essential removed and you could race competitively for a few hundred bucks. It's much faster and more competive, and people take bucket racing really seriously these days, but I kind of miss the idea of them being cheap and minimalistic and only built for a laugh.
    I can see both sides there but costs for everything have gone up. Has anyone priced a good competitive race bike for any other class lately buckets are still cheap and the rules allow for the most freedom in design. Everything else to too restrictive.
    I can't say i agree with the GP bike frames but if you can't beat them join them or in my case If you can't find one cheap enough. Build something even better with Carbon Fibre.
    I remember when bucket racing was based on shitty old commuters with stock engine maybe hotted up and everything that wasn't essential removed and you could race competitively for a few hundred bucks. It's much faster and more competive, and people take bucket racing really seriously these days, but I kind of miss the idea of them being cheap and minimalistic and only built for a laugh.