View RSS Feed

Adventure/Dual Purpose Bikes

Riding any road. Tarmac, gravel or dirt.

1. to Albania - Day 4 - Albania!

We wake up to the sound of drills and I am a bit surprised with our surroundings. When we arrived at our new friend's place it was already dark, and now with the morning light beating down on us we get a real sense of where we are.

We look over and notice the neighbor already up and working on his house, which is only the wooden frame.

"Good morning!" ...
  2. to Albania - day 3 part 2 - to Podgorica

"Hilary, come on, bring your bike!"

Exhausted, I push my motorcycle towards Radek's voice. I turn a corner around some trees and I'm surprised to see him standing next to an old woman, dressed in black with a scarf on tied around her head, sitting on a tree stump in front of a roughly built one room house.

She smiles at me, with more than a ...
  3. the Road to Albania - Day 3/1 to Podgorica

The sun comes out and we slowly start to stir. Suddenly the houses covered in dark are revealed.

As I start to pack up and prepare for our long journey ahead, I am gestured over by an elderly man, who has water running from a hose in his garden and offers to let me wash myself. Though the water is freezing I gladly accept, being without a shower for a couple of days ...
  4. Day 2 - Part 1 - Dubrovnik, Croatia

We wake up early in the morning before the rest of the camp stirs so we have time to walk down to the beach. We head out and when we get there we have the whole beach to ourselves! The water was clear, and I could stand with it up to my waste and watch the little fish swim by. However, it was as clear as it was salty! I get out and no sooner then I start to dry off does my skin start to itch due to the salt!

We all head back to the camp, take showers, and pack up to head out ...
  5. Road to Albania Day 1 Croatia

Day 1 Croatia

We leave Prague early in the morning, fresh and ready to go! After a 22 hours train ride we arrive in Croatia and sunrise with a beautiful view of Split.

[/url]