View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Winter Solstice - Police Public Relations

Group riding can be very enjoyable and there will be times, perhaps frequent times, when you go on a ride you won't know many or any people. The adage "Ride your own ride," is often heard and read about.

If you have a mentor and ride with a few friends, take some time out to review the general group riding strategies.

It may be the shortest day, and cold, but while group riding we are often reminded of our riding responsibilities, for not only our own safety, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Vietnam Veterans - Tribute08

Saturday 31May 2008:
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckBuckNo1 View Post
    Arrived at the Civic Square in my riding gear and reporter Emma Jollap [sic] from TV3 asked the digger carrying the Aussie flag and me for interviews.

In the news item last night there we were in two very brief commentary clips:http://www.tv3.co.nz/Video/Thousands...4/Default.aspx

1969 seems many moons ago, but yesterday listening to the dates (KIA) of each of thirty seven Kiwi servicemen
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Winter Solstice Ride 2008

Last year we did a winter solstice ride up to Alfredton and Eketahuna, so thought it appropriate to set up a ride for 2008. Note this 2008 ride is shorter,going as far as Mauriceville then back to Gladstone.

For Sunday 22 June 2008

Elapsed Timeframe including stops and Lunch - 11am to 4.30pm:

Caltex Rimutex Upper Hutt – Carterton – Masterton – Mauriceville – Masterton – Gladstone – Carterton – Caltex Rimutex Upper Hutt.

Distance 210km
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. CB900 HOrnet MakeOver

Withdrawing the bike from sale, decided to follow through on a little bling for the bike.

Thanks to the Kendogs referral to PJSParts
    the Rizoma Mirrors and Adapters, as well as the Grab Rail Covers arrived from Italy via Kentucky within the week.

Took a ride down the duckpond, taking two hex-keys with me, parked up with Uncle B's seat in the mirrors and using the keys adjusted the mirrors.

Charlie Bravo Nine Zero Zero - Hornet will be riding the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Part II Sometimes I Even Surprise Myself

Further to the entry at 24 March 2008:

There are a few things I want to share that some of you too may have encountered similar 'anxiety moments'.

Late last month I remarked upon the little voice inside that was making me think about selling the 900 Hornet and downsizing.

Well the bottom line is 'it is not going to happen this winter'.

I went to see a professional motorcycle instructor and discussed my fears and anxiety and I was thinking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Summer's Gone - Newbie Riding Review

Back on 4th March I posted up thread from which the following entries are extracted to this blogg:

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Good stuff, BB - always good to have reminders about safety.
    And I am impressed by the amount of km's you have put on your bike!

Yesterday a bikie friend came over and we watched about half dozen crash videos (YouTube, etc) and that sobered us up quickly! In each case they were simply going too fast so that the "12 second horizon ahead" and other safety
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. 26 March WNSGR - Thank You

Thank you Russell for your company over the hill to the Tin Hutt, and Sels1 for finding my cap I dropped at the duckpond - yeah yeah okay okay I know it was a Honda cap and you were going to drag it through the duckpond before you left on the ride to Featherston.

On a different note, I'd like to thank all those that joined in these last six Wednesday Night Smaller Group Rides and to thank all those that ride in the main group that I meet at the Duckpond and have a chat before we set ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Sometimes I Even Surprise Myself

Sometimes I even surprise myself:

September 2006:
    Finally today was spent in the carpark revising - and though I was keen to go and practise, it was one of those days when I didn't feel at one with the bike, so cut it short after 15-20minutes and returned home. A case of listening to yourself and in my case perhaps it was a full week of riding, and though not too far overall, it was time to cut it short and go home. I hope there is a message there.
    [The post following that September ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast