View RSS Feed

scuzeme

1. Confessions of a 40 year old racer #5

VMCC ROUND 4
    Well another round behind us, VMCC Round 3 to be precise and it just seems to be a never ending money eating business this racing lark, ya might as well be stuffing $50’s into a meat grinder especially if your crasher from way back lol.
    If you want to be semi competitive a good second hand last years nationals machine might set you back around 12K to 15k then there’s the spares like levers, clipons, rims fairings, rear sets another 3k, then there’s support gear like leathers, ...
  2. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No#4

Pondering the scraps and leftovers of VMCC Winter Series Round 2 Manfield Long Track, I was left feeling somewhat empty and disappointed with my performance.
    I find race meets to be an emotional roller coaster for myself and most of my racing acquaintances for instance, do you remember the face of the guy that was faster than you the first time you bested him, do you remember how it felt when someone that was slower than you all of a sudden passes you and pulls away and there’s not a thing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No#3

Welcome to the third installment of my thoughts and experiences in the club level racing scene in New Zealand.

I wanna touch on "helpfulness to the helpless" which sometimes makes the helpless much more helpless, but thanks for your helpfulness anyway even though it didnt benefit me, infact i am now more confused then ever.

The first thing you wanna do when you get into this sport is “Learn” and it seems that every meeting i go to there is something new to “Learn”, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No#2

Well the VMCC Winter Series is about to start and this will be my first full series bar crashing and burning somewhere along the way which is.....always a possibility.
    On the subject of crashing on the track I have a relatively small catalogue of crashing to date, consisting of an over run and dumping into the gravel pit at Dunlop corner Manfield on my very first track day (this was because what was on the Speedo seemed a hell of a lot more interesting right up to the point where I ran off ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Confessions of a 40 year old racer

Ok so ive had a go at this blog stuff/thing and given you all a piece of my mind not in the "im pissed off and angry" type of way but literally a piece of my mind which is a little scary because i am a little fucked in the head at times, 40 years of being a ginger and some of us get a slight inferiority complex hahaaaa anyway im putting myself out there.
    My last blog as you know touched on a few things, envy, timing, the recipe for greatness and coming into the racing scene at "half past ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Its awesome when the planets align

I just wanted to touch on the club racing scene from my limited perspective in the very short time ive been involved.
    Just let me start by saying im an older rider by many racers point of view and considered still a young one by a few others, at 40 years of age married with three kids ill let you form your own conclusion.

I really hate driving down the road only to have some beautiful red Porsce Carrera pull up next to me with a geriatric Abe Simpson type charactor sitting ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12