Blog Comments

Nice work man. See ya at nationals!
    Sounds like a weapon, Daz! Bring on the South!!!
    Please report the cock smoking spammers. Ta.
    Nice fella........look forward to seeing both of ya out on the track!
    Hey Darrin,
    I enjoy your reports and blogs. I don't often check peoples blogs but have dipped into yours a couple of times now. There is some similarity to our approaches I think and I am a fan of the systematic aproach. One of my struggles is striking the balance between the "science" of riding and the sheer joy of it. At times I'm like a movie critic who can't enjoy the movie because I'm overanalysing it, at other times I'm so busy enjoying the movie, I forget to pay attention to the technical aspects that would help me make good movies.
    Keep the reports and blogs coming.
    Clive
    Great read!
    I like the pyramid metaphor, it's a good way of looking at it.
    I hope the bike rebuild goes well and catch you at round #6

Cheers
    johan
    Well 3 rounds gone and 3 to go ! While a lot of what you've said is true, you also don't know what you're missing if you haven't tried it. Until two rounds ago I had a stock front end and didn't think I was reaching the limits of my setup. Then splashed out on a nice new Swedish front end and the difference is night and day. In the last round I was circulating in my PB times in less than optimal track conditions and thought I could push harder yet.

Motivation: I'm driven by two things and they both share the same garage. The fear of seeing you go past me and the goal of catching and passing Marcus. It's also the source of some of my most memorable moments since taking up riding again.
    What an attitude to start off the season ! It is a long series an even though there is a month break between each round time flys and you're in the Van to track again.
    When you're racing pushing the limits and taking risks, its a matter of when rather than if you crash. However, its what you take away from each one....what caused it and what I need to do to avoid it next time. In the short time you've known me (including the first race meet we met at) I've had a few whoopsies (after a 12 months of incident free riding). Each one I can pinpoint the cause except one... the one where a hot chick on a Ducati was chasing errr... following my lines.
    Stay fit, limit the table top dancing, and try not to hurt yourself and you will have the most fulfilling 6 months on 2 wheels in your life.