View RSS Feed

Stink Racing

1. It's alive

I've had a few offers of brake calipers since my last post. If you think you can help it's a ZXR250A right hand front caliper complete with the mount (which holds the pads). Below are pics of a left hand caliper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0047.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	219607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0046.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	356.3 KB 
ID:	219608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0045.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	219609

Anyway - got the thing running last night.
    I took the mains out and hooked everything up. After much kicking without result I went over everything with #1 TDC (remember this) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Further Progress

I have spark.
    The chambers are fitted.
    I have made the throttle cables.
    The clutch is connected and working.
    The top fairing is on it's way.
    I have found a front brake caliper (no money to spare for it though)
    A little work to do to the carbs and we'll see if it runs.
    Then it's tuning time!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. RD350LC-RGV250 electrical merge

I have fitted a RD-LC flywheel and stator with two pickups from an RGV VJ21.
    I'm planning on using the stator to supply power to to the CDI.

My question is how to wire this up.

My guess is to run the three stator wires to the Rectifier. There are two wires out - Red and Black/White. Red I'm guessing is + and the Black/White is (-).

On the CDI I've sorted out the coil wires. What's left is a Black/Yellow (tacho), Black/White (-), and Orange/Black. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Progress Update

Time for an update me thinks...

Yes, the project is still going.
    The engine is rebuilt and fully mounted.
    Chambers are connected just require the rear hangers to be completed.
    Carbs are ready.
    Reeds are coming.
    Fuel tap has been located.
    Sprockets are ordered and ready to pick up.
    Some bodywork has been found - missing a small piece from the tail fairing and a top fairing.

That's the good news.

Now the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1723.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	217345  
  5. Skunk's Battle of the Buckets and Pre89 at Ruapuna

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    It's about time I did a race report I think.

Battle of the Buckets and Pre 89 at Ruapuna B track.

Thanks to Dave Trustrum I was able to attend this meeting. It's always good (though the weather was crap last time I went. A little snow never hurt anyone did it?) Great meeting, good track, and some good people. Tony and Sue put us up for the two nights - Sue even arranged a banquet in our honour. Very nice to meet you both, as well as Holly and Polly.

Good
  6. Engine Building

Yes, this project is still on the go. I've sent the parts to Pete Sales for assembly (he's somewhat better at it that me - bit more experience too )

I'm still looking for ZXR250A fairings for the thing. This is starting to look like the hardest part now.
    And a front disc...

Other than that things are moving on slowly. I should be on the track by June/July.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. More bits...

All the gaskets, seals and bearings have arrived, along with the new conrods. The list of needed parts is getting shorter (yay!).

Still needing an ignition system (thinking of RGV250 - VJ21 (is that the 270° firing one?)), fairings (I'd like ZXR250A or ZXR400H1) and chambers (build them myself I think).
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Progress...

I have now got two matching E barrels. They have been bored to match the RZ350 pistons I have. Still working on port timings. I also have two cranks on the way - a C and an E.

Still gathering info from wherever I can. One tip I have been given is to use RD250E conrods. EDIT: this has now been suggested as a bad idea - a lot of work for no real gain. The longer stroke of the RD400 conrod is better for a few reasons whereas the RD250E is good for only one reason.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast