View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Carl Van der Meer crash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    I was there, saw the whole thing.

You can either PM me, or I can post it here.
    Choice. PM'd yo.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Spartacus !

My old spada chassis that I was keen on "f3ing", is now fast become a bucket racer.

In the space of 9 days, I have..

- raced my buddies ol cb125 around Kaitoke and loved every minute of it, some good dudes/ladies there, good racing, at relatively low cost, where the bad side ?
    - bought a GL145 motor and have figured out how it all falls together, got some bearings on order and hopefully will have the crank assembled tomorrow after work.
    - secured a complete ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. xr spartan 5

Gidday blog

I am going to have a nose through a box of bits that when assembled should look like a warmed up xr600. From my understanding it needs some fettling to make it serviceable, one issue it has is a missing gearbox selector, although I am not scared of manufacturing a new one to suit. Also it has been made clear to me that the gear ratios are obviously suited to dirt riding and not top end caning. This does not scare me either, as I am confident that with some careful maths ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. xr spartan 4

Have moved the spada into my bedroom as a constant reminder that I have to do some work on it.
    Aside from that, I haven't done any work on it, I've been having too much fun on the weekends..

Time to get serious, the concept of having such a machine to thrash is too tempting to just abandon, it must be done, WILL BE DONE !

Peace
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. xr spartan 3

Have been doing some research into f3 racing regulations.

From what I can gather it will be eligible to race in club level f3 racing !! Competitive ? Probably not, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Made some small changes to the chassis, nothing major as my financial situation is about the same as a bath that has just finished emptying, there is nothing left..

Things are on the up however and the future is look brighter..

Stay tuned..
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. project "xr spartan" 2

More bits and pieces pulled off and filed under R (ugly oem catch bottle, wire brackets for hoses, other brackets, pillion peg mounts, grab rails, headlight support etc)..

Switch gear is gone, foot rests and brakes have been pulled for cleaning, new pads, fluid and braided lines are on the list.

After realizing that the engine was a stressed member it looks like I may need to fabricate some rails to go in between the front and rear engine mounts.

Also ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. talking shit

I seem to do it a lot, without even realizing even.
    Like my plans to buy a vfr, when is that going to happen.. I'm fuckin broke !

I've got a project bike in pieces that needs a new motor, which isn't going to be too costly (well I hope) as I can do nearly all the work myself, I'm still servicing a fuckin bank loan, then there is a hefty tool account to pay off (quality tools are hellishly expensive), a tax bill, probably several hundred illegitimate babies with mohawks and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. keep on truckin

It's over.

My eight year streak has come to an end. I thought I could hold out until I was 25 but alas, the pressure from my superiors has grown such I can no longer handle the strain. And I have crumbled. Faltered. Given in to the external forces that have been crushing me from all sides.

Today, I sat my restricted car license exam, I passed with flying colors. Even doing the test in a truck with suspension hard enough to make the little Asian assessor remark "ahh ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast