View RSS Feed

Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)

BuckBuck#1 - An old Newbie, or a Newbie that is old.

My Personal Theme Song:Stand By Me...play it while you read on.

OCPD - Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder is little talked about. To get an appreciation I have provided an insight to my own family background and my years of coming to terms with a condition that at times was a huge struggle.

I count myself to be very lucky, retiring early - medically. I've been able to relax easier now, but still have my moments. With the assistance of good professional clinical management of my condition and with my family, I have been able to apply cognitive behaviour techniques and deal with issues and challenges a lot better.

Learning to ride a motorcycle, a rewarding challenge, was more than therapeutic - riding helps me immensely.

I hope you enjoy reading this blogg and that it provides an insight to how I learnt to ride - and continue to learn.

Personal Messages - PM's are welcomed.
Heads Up and Enjoy
Photo Album

1. Well Done BRONZ

by , 5th March 2013 at 20:52 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    Was a pleasure to drop in at the Avalon Duckpond tonight and see the BRONZ organisation lead tonight's ride program. A good pre-ride briefing and brief discussion of the route and potential hazards.

I went digging back into my blogg and found the following entry:

Well done BRONZ for your efforts these past three years.

(Since autumn 2010 there have been a few more bikes, and up around 100,000km ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. You Can Run Away But You Cannot Hide

by , 20th February 2013 at 22:27 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    I returned this evening to the Avalon Duckpond with my VS800 (S50 Boulevard). After a seven month irretrieveable breakdown (where the bike went one way and I went the other) we have reunited. A broken collar-bone, two broken ribs, two displaced ribs and seven months later... The crew in Auckland did an amazing job of refitting and re-commissioning the VS800. And, so today it arrived from Auckland, I immediately reaquainted the bike with Eastbourne and the beautiful Wellington harbour. This evening ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	278895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	278893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	278894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	278892  
  3. My Suzuki 2005 Boulevard S50 - VS800

by , 29th April 2012 at 21:49 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    The S50 is a very good ride for me, and makes me appreciate the recent years and bikes I have owned. I must say that there may be some irony but at the end of the day coming back to a preferred bike of choice, albeit six years later, well it feels really good.

I remarked today to my brother-in-law, who actually got me into riding, that this Boulevard is in its own way 'non-threatening' - I shift up around, 40-50kph, then 60-70, then 80-90, and around 100kph. With the rumble of the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. UncleB and Somethings Take Time - From 2006 to 2012

by , 17th April 2012 at 11:39 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    The following link came to mind:

That was way back in December 2006, only a couple of weeks after my mentor Uncle B was killed on the road to Castlepoint. Bruce and I had talked about the type of bike I would move up to after my GN250 and the Boulevard S50 - VS800 was very much in the frame. I actually went on to buy a VLX600 Honda cruiser and unfortunately that played havoc with my back and neck, the feet were ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S50_6.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	262101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S50_4.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	262103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S50_3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	262104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S50_2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	262105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S50_1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	262106  
  5. Regional Motorcycle Training & Motorcycle Safety Mentors Association

by , 12th January 2012 at 18:44 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    I received the following email today and my reply is detailed below.

You have all showed an interest in or participated in the Wellington region motorcycle training as provided by local councils and Road safe. We would very much appreciate your feedback on the course so that we can better meet the safety needs of our residents.

This course reinforced my earlier advanced rider training participation completed twice in 3years. All such courses assist ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Setting Objectives And Achieving

by , 30th October 2011 at 08:36 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    For those of you that know me, know that I took up motorcycle riding for the first time when I was well into my 50's in 2006, and last year when I sold my last bike, I took up guitar lessons (oh and by the way I bought another bike this last May).

Well motorcycling was a personal objective "never done it before so give it a go", guitar - my parents bought me a guitar when I was very young but the navy got in the way and I didn't carry on the interest back then.

Today, ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. OCPD - A Current Example

by , 30th September 2011 at 17:40 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    See Forum Link here for: A Good OCPD Example and the ensuing discussion.

Perhaps a good example of OCPD – Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder: In this illustration I point out obvious conflicts that can and do appear in forum threads, but I also refer to the “standard” that is site rules. So the question arises is the argument valid to have a reasonable expectation when concrete examples can be provided and measured against rules?

The suggested qualification ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. OCPD And Sunday Morning Rides Program 2011/2012

by , 13th September 2011 at 12:33 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    My blog has a theme that at times addresses OCPD, and now that I have purchased yet another motorcycle for this summer (and yes it is a "keeper") I thought it appropriate that I provide a few insightful comments relating to not only my condition but also motorcycle riding safety and a review of another theme "Shit Happens". The Sunday Morning Rides Program for 2011/2012 is a ways and means of providing a forward looking program and hopefully encouraging responsible riding attitudes as well as the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast