View RSS Feed

Mudflaps

1. TSS Red Baron King of Kaitoke, Round 4

I'll be there...and racing this time too by the looks!!

I've got a push bike I can bring.

It's been about 9 months since I had a ride...and now I get to bring out my baby to the track. Bahahahahaha
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. WFactor Racing RG150 Round Four

We didn't make to the track day this round, so drove up early on Sat morning. Nothing like an early morning road trip, good coffee on the way (I recommend the coffee cart on the right side of the road in Otaki!) and good yarns. We came well prepared this round and had a sweet set up including a table, coffe plunger, jug and toastie pie machine...all on a nice blue table cloth!! Next round, a vase with flowers.

Qualifying was a strange one again. It never seems to be consistent. This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. WFactor Racing RG150 Round Three

WFactor Racing RG150 Round Three

We all loaded up the van and headed up to Feilding for the track day early Friday morning. One way to def get to know your team mates is to all 3 of you sit in the front of a van for 2 hours!! Was good times. Pretty sure I've done my stint in the middle now though and am looking forward to having the window seat next time!! Thanks Chrissie

The track day was great!! Blue sky and no wind. Got a lot of laps in and learnt a whole ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. WF Photography SS RG150 @ Winter Series 2010 Day 2

So after a great start on the Saturday I was really looking forward to getting out there again on the Sunday. Woke up at about 5.15 am and it was pissing down with rain!! I was staying at Bert's place (thanks again bro) on the Massey side of Palmerston North, so I was hoping that it wasn't raining at the track. It was!! Got to the track just before 8am and gave the bike a clean and sorted my gear out. It was pretty cold and the track was already wet when it started raining again just after the riders ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Street Stock RG150 @ Winter Series 2010

So I'm not sure where to begin, but here we go...

We (Craig, Dave from Hi-Torque, Chrissie and myself) pulled the bike apart a few weeks ago. Completely stripped!! I was a little concerned to be honest when we loaded it all into the van at the end of the day in a couple of fish bins and a bare frame. Especially cause of our time frame. We weren't going to make round one, but round two was a definite. Craig and I had a few sessions in the shed at Chrissie's place putting it all back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. The KRL (Kawasaki Loncin) Project!!!

2nd coat of f/glass applied today. Has hardened perfectly. Quiet bumpy though from the mesh mould. Will probably use it on the Tape Worm and make a card board mould for 'NANOOK'. Found that soaking the pieces of f/glass in the resin got the best results, but only two or three at a time otherwise it goes all goopy and weird. Still, pretty good for a first go. Used 4/5ths of a half litre bottle of resin for two and a half layers of the seat. Used more than I thought, but as long as it works then I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. The KRL (Kawasaki Loncin) Project!!!

So the plan goes like this...

Late 90's KR150 frame, being cut down for weight and new shaping. Has standard forks and rims (18"rear & 16" front), but will look to put 17" rims on. 15 month old Loncin 150 engine to be transplanted. Racing CDI unit but to be later replaced with home made (by Bert) programable unit. Standard KR rear brake caliper, with front to be sourced. Home made fairings and seat/cone. Home made hangers with standard gearing, not race shift. Colour yellow and called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. The KL (Kawasaki Lochin) Project!!!

Oh yeah!!!! New bike!!!! Well, parts of one anyway.

So the KL (Kawasaki Lochin) project begins. I am yet to give it a real name, we'll see what it turns into.

A small () list of things needed/to do so far. List will need to be updated as I go.

-An engine Have got a Lochin 150 lined up for early next year from Nigel.
    -Front brake set up. One piston set up complete for around $50 from Newmans. I'll keep an eye out for a two piston caliper though. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast