View RSS Feed

StoneY

1. What a ride! What a day! What a gal!

This Sunday has to be one of the most eventful days I have ever shared with my KB friends, full of drama, fun, and blue skies!

Took my lady Kelly for a ride to martinborough on the KTM, and arranged to meet carla (aka Quasi) at the summit (Taka's of course) to head on down the hill with

So we pull up, get helmets off, chat away with a random biker we never met and my mate Matt pulls in with Graheme, a couple of riders I have come to know from the Gladdy circuit these ...
  2. A New Start?

Well 2010 arrived with a hiss and a roar, what a ride it has been so far.

After the ups n downs of December and theNew Year wekend,I find myself single and facing a new journey, but at least I have a newer toy to journey on (KTM SupaDUKE YAY!) and wondering what the future holds...only time can answer that question I guess

A few bitter disapointments behind me and moving forward, I have decided to chill and be just myself for a while, looking at moving to Wairarapa ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The next step

On Tuesday November 17th 2009, 9,500 of my friends and I made history.

This happened because a few people said ‘enough of the lies, let’s go tell them we don’t agree’ and BRONZ, Ulysses, WIMA, and HOG all came along to ensure the word got out.
    And get out it certainly did!

We took the largest group ride in NZ and we took it from the ends of Aotearoa to the steps of the seat of the New Zealand Government, and we said in one voice, bullshit.
    We had over ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. And I survived the to the 4th mark

Tomorrow I am 40.

Its a milestone alright, but even more so that I get to represent thousands of the finest people on the face of the globe

Despite the shit we toss at each other on this and other websites the biker community I have come to know here in Wellington and somewhat further afar is genuinely a great bunch of people

Such a great bunch its worth spending the day helping people park, find resources and utilities, access for disabled or older riders, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My haloween

Well, me and missus StoneY wake up, get our two young teenage daughters sorted, suit up, and head out at like 9.30 to get fuel, and shit done before we head to the Ulysses gig.

The Duc's running sweet, day's perfect and nothing to complain about, looking forward to voicing myself with 500+ bikers! Yeah!

And comin up Queens Drive, having past High St and almost at Rutherford, this bitch in the left lane swerves (without any formal notice) into the space my bike occupies, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. So, ok what ARE we going to do? BIKEOI Wgtn

Im as guilty of flamin up a few others here as anyone is.

I picked on Sidecar Bob a few weeks back, sort of out of line(ish) by me (sorry again Bob)

Done it again just yesterday to a chap called Sanx, (sorry Sanx,) I was raging and apologize for being a touch obtuse.

But what are we going to do?
    I hope we all can put aside the personal view when we do ride on Parliament, or MPs offices etc

We cant be seen as a rabble.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. A day on the hill

Well, we met at the bottom of the Haywards - the other guys were on 1100's and I had my 750 and the handbrake (oops I mean my dearly beloved wife of course)

So we turn left and behave ourselves valiantly up to the top where we stop long enough for a ciggy and some bs with the other riders.

Heading down into the 'rapa side we get stuck behind some stubborn cagers doing sweet fuck all over snail pace - even my uber conservative missy is like 'wtf get past these ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0603.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	188518  
  8. A bloody good innings

98 Winters, and 97 Summers.

Nana's had a good one alright, seen 5 offspring multiply into god only knows how many grand/greatgrand (and great great too I think)kids... many of whom ride.

From Dads ol' Ariel Red Hunter, to the 250 I am building for my boy, it all started with Nana.

She has entered her final sleep, and will pass anytime soon, we are told she will not awaken again at any rate.
    1st Ave in Whangarei will forever hold a fond spot in ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast