Blog Comments

Thanks Phil.
    You know...sometimes we do get it right.....
    Most excellent feedback from all of you.

I have fitted wavy rotors and can confirm the 'second set' that were fitted were not correct supply parts... turns out the shudder was fork bushes and never was related to the brakes at all! FFS!

BTW buy your Wavy Disks from Norm at Stormin Bikes (google it) he rox no shit, he really is a guru and worth his weight in GOLD

Bearings I take ownership...I like seeing the sky from time to time.

Starter...high compression twin - par for the course I have decided

Owning a Ducati - MY FAULT and time to shut the fuck up, take a concrete pill and find a GOOD but CHEAP mechanic to keep around....
    So the discs are a supplier issue, and bearings are a maintenance item on any bike and can fail at any time, especially if you ride in the rain or you or a previous owner wheelied it. Checking bolts are tight is a maintenance task on any V-twin or single.

The only thing I'm reading that possibly is an actual bike failure is the starter. Everything else failed due to human intervention, or a lack of it.

Had my 888 for 6 years and the only issue was a siezed thermostat after it sat for a while.
    It must of been a 'Friday' bike.
    It helps if you find a good mechanic & then use them all the time.
    Be patient, with a bit of TLC & and a good checkover, it will be fine.
    I've had mine for over 2 years now and not had any of this trouble.
    I guess making sure the right people are doing the job might help a bit.
    I changed to wave disks because the standards are prone to warping and never looked back.
    Heaps better than the Jap stuff I've had and handles like a dream.
    I have had mine 5 years and have no intention of selling. Not usual for Ducati rotors to need replacing after 32k. Rotors are a supply problem. Battery tenders cure starter problems. They need to have m,aximum power for turn over.
    I know what you mean, I've had my Ducati for 25 years , sure it needs a bit of maintenance but its better than riding a Japanese appliance.
    Ya poor bugger!

The italians are certainly pricey to keep on the road...but the pay off is worth it
    I love Ducati's as well, but the service costs and the some times questionable reliability has always scared me off owning one...and yet I still want one?

Hope it all works out mate, love seeing these sexy Italians on the road...end of the day...I bet you have a HUGE smile every ride.

-Willy
    memo to self, dont buy a cati
    Seconded. Nowt but hassle.
    Ya shoulda kept the KTM and dumped the spag-bog. I once owned a dogcatti, selling it was the best experience I had with it.
    That is an expensive run! Is this common with Ducati's, or have you just been really unlucky?
    You're replacing the rotors for the second time in 33k? Farken hell... best I go find GiJoe quick, to show him there are people spending more than I on bikes.

You need to look at my Hornet ticking over the 100,000km mark blog, just beneath yours Rear rotor was replaced around 80,000km, the front wheel bearings around 96,000km I think. Front rotors haven't been replaced yet.
    Mate, your getting married again. Congratulations.

You certainly have a lot of ups and downs in your life. Hopefully things will be more straightforward and enjoyable for a while now.
    I can see your reasoning...but the gixxer feels too cold at night when I take it to bed..........
    why,wouldnt your bike come first,or am i just a nutter
    I've been overseas for a while and haven't been up with KB and the biker scene until recently.

Many thanks for the unpaid work done by you and others for the rest of us.
    I dunno StoneY, shit mate all that work, hours and hours of behind the scenes toil keeping you away from from what your fighting for...spilling your guts out in a Blog with whys and wherefores with the odd etc thrown in.....
    after all that I couldn't get passed you using the word " sagacious" in a sentence the rest was lost from that point....

So in the friendliest way possible-- ON YA BIKE!! and often
    Very interesting blog mate, very interesting. Take time for yourself... my work is very "giving" you need boundaries to keep healthy and for the health of those around and closest to you.

I am not in Wellington but thanks for the work you have done. And we all make mistakes, welcome to the human race!!!!!!!! you always get baggers, either through the wonderful gift of hindsight or just because they want to be obnoxious, but the reporter, that is sheer wickedness

Enjoy the bikes a bit more
    you have a big job ahead of you, and your biggest challenge will come from motorcyclists. I was stoked to hear of the group as I had discussed the formation of something very similar with Charley Lamb early last year, and I can see a huge need for it.

Motorcycle safety is the single biggest issue facing us, and it needs to be addressed by motorcyclists. We are ultimately responsible for our own safety (my middle name is now katman), and if we can be seen to be proactively looking at ways to cut the crash rate we may be saved from the very real threats of being legislated and taxed off the roads.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast