View RSS Feed

Mrs weekendwarrior

1. Survived my first overnighter

As the title reads I did manage to survive a whole weekend on the bike! Hubby & me went away sat arvo down to friends in Hamilton (the longest voyage that I have taken so far!) Keeping off the main drag, we left pakuranga & headed towards whitford (boy traffic round auckland is crap at the time of day on a saturday). Then we headed out through Hunua then onto Mercer where we stopped for a late lunch. So far I had only nearlly died four times which isn't too bad cause ive done worse! The ...
  2. Time for a new bike?? HELP

Ok so i started on a little suzuki GN125...mostly because i was super nervous about getting a bike... now i'm over it, too slow & can't get up hills!! I want something sporty but still have learners so nothing over a 250, i have short legs & want to be able to touch the ground, oh & it has to go fast & get up hills easily! any suggestions??? I basically know nothing at all about bikes so please help!
  3. Places to stay...

Hey, I'm thinking of doing a tour round coromandel... does anyone know good places to stay.... or wana join me & my hubby, probably around end of march for a thurs nite thru till sun nite leaving from auckland.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Need some more spare time please... where can I buy this?

How the hell are you meant to get gud at riding when you work full time & have kids who do heaps of sports!! Had the bike a few months now but my confidence is growing ever so slowly due to time restraints! Only free time is late at night but wait that's no good as i have my learners! If someone knows where to buy an xtra day from I'll gladly pay any price!
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. New to all this....

Well i have recently started riding. My hubby started a couple of years ago and I decided it looked fun and would have a go. So bought a new GN125, decided to start small as my last experience on a motobike left me on crutches for many weeks! Not enjoying the 70km/hr rule, have managed to somehow misplace my 'L' plate, no dramas yet, had a couple of near misses but my GN seems to be very forgiving and looks after me well... although I'm definelty keen to now get something bigger!
    Finding ...