Blog Comments

I really enjoyed reading about your trip. Wish it could have been longer so I could read more
    Daaaaaaaaaaaawg! if you know what I mean?
    Awesome Blog, very well written, keep up the good work.
    Good idea man!! If you're interested, have a look at my Mrs blog of our Motorbike trip through Europe last year: http://www.dancinginbarefeet.com/p/europe-sights.html

It's not all about riding (the blog), but was an epic journey :P
    Just dont go all pink tutu on us...
    Good write up so far Scott, for a WIP, its worth a trip back for a look see every now and then.
    Awww sweet blogging Phreaky Quite revealing if i may say so, glad you had a good born day.
    Nice write up Bud
    Hmm 32psi is probably a bit low - have a look on the tyre sidewalls for recommended pressures but I ran 36F/42R on my 250 Hornet and the same now on the VFR, so that's probably a good start point. You'll definitely notice the difference. I find the bike feels totally different (in a bad way) once they drop more than about 5psi, so yeah, 29 on the rear it would have been squirming a bit. Have a good rest of the trip!

Edit: just noticed the date you'll be back by now. Hope it was fun!
    Total Kms traveled was just over 1500. And for a 20 year old bike, I think that's a bit of an achievement, considering she never missed a beat!
    Excellent wright up. Very much enjoyed reading it.
    Good on you mate !! Rain sucks but you have experienced an awesome ride & had a great time doing it what was the total km's travelled ??
    the rain is a bitch alright !!! What I take with me on tour now a days is a heavy duty Pvc pants & jacket ( learnt this on GC 24hr rides ) that are large enough to throw over my riding gear, have tried proper bike ones but swear Pvc is better 2 weeks & my tour begins YEAH BABY !! Look forward to your next report
    Good on you dude, sounds like you're having a ball despite the weather. Make sure you head over Paekakariki hill road on your way out if the weather is ok, the view alone is worth it not to mention the twisties! Also recommend Feilding through Rangiwahia rd to Mangaweka if you want some interesting scenery on your way back north. Alternatively Vinegar Hill SH54 but if you've spent time 'round Welly you might know this way already. Have a good rest of trip and I look forward to reading more of your adventures. Take care!
    I have to say, I'm writing this down as much for my own benefit as anyone elses: reading back through this when I am back at work will help to ease to boredom!

:-)
    Good write up mate !! I too am off on a 2 week journey wgtn ways over June.. I look forward to more of your writr ups SOOOONnnnnnnnnn
    Great story, Go the 250's!
    Thanks for sharing - look foraward to the rest.
    Great story. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Great stuff, love hearing about this kind of thing.