View RSS Feed

Nurse Ratched

Hi kiwi Bikers ,
I'm currently zapping around on a suzuki 125 scooter but it's time for a change. Want something that I can travel around NZ on, that's not a tonne weight or too high in the seat and has got a good rep for reliability.
Still in the early stages of looking, and asking around and reading (mags and the net) and am getting HEAPS of info and feedback.
Some bikes are dismissed outright, others are lauded as the best ever!
I'll definitely be putting in the 'schooling' as far as learning to ride a 'real bike' and have had plenty of offers of technical support.
My work hours mean I'll be in and out of here at odd times and I'm off to Aus for a couple of weeks today (where I'll also be looking at bikes) but would be glad and grateful of any input from wiser heads on two wheels
Will check in when I'm back.
Thank you !

1. Been shopping...

Finally gone and done it after much delay...got myself a Suzuki GW 250
    It's a hefty beast but have had the seat trimmed and got some boots with a bit more sole to make up for the short instep
    Still having sessions with an instructor - the man is a saint - but went on my first (short) solo ride today. Still a few hiccups to sort out but that will come with time and practice.
    My long term goal is to travel this lovely country of ours while visiting family ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized