Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by steelphoenix
    Yeah, this is correct - AA don't insure a whole list of different makes; nor do they insure anyone with anything less than a 6F licence (which I was not pleased with, I assure you).

Aprilia, Buell, Ducati, and MotoGuzzi are a few that I can remember.
    Yeah, seems a bit daft when R1's Blade's and gixer thou's all fit in their yes category, fools
    Cheers.
    Chaos.
    Yeah, this is correct - AA don't insure a whole list of different makes; nor do they insure anyone with anything less than a 6F licence (which I was not pleased with, I assure you).

Aprilia, Buell, Ducati, and MotoGuzzi are a few that I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch
    The above is good advice but a Plan B could be to contact the Honda Riders Club NZ,
    rob-at-hrcnz.co.nz (substituting a "@" for the "-at-") and tell them of your plans.

It costs $50.00 a year to join the HRC but that gets a 24/7 breakdown service. The cost of their insurance scheme is competitive and you don't have to fight for every cent should have to make a claim.
    Hey Pritch thanks for that, that's a big help, I am certainly interested in joining that so will deffo follow it up.
    Sounds like the fifty bucks is worth it alone for the breakdown service.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers.
    Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by st00ji
    im no insurance expert, but perhaps they are taking into account the cost of a write off, as well as the risk of a write off. perhaps the potentially higher value of the bikes you mentioned, means they are not considered worthwhile risks? though you'd have thought for the right premium they would insure anything.

strange indeed!

then again, the AA dont know much about cars either, so cant expect them to be logical when it comes to bikes
    Thanks for that st00ji, yeah obviously my 800 bucks aint good enough, or they are such a big company that they dont need the business.
    Liked the logical remark.
    Cheers.
    Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01
    www.kiwibike.co.nz or if you wish to e-mail Dave Hewer direct dave@kiwibike.co.nz or if you wish to chat on the phone to Dave 0800 629 253. There are I'm sure many more but I have found there pricing good I know of a few riders who have unfortunately had to make a claim or two & have mentioned the speed & ease of dealing with them, good luck & hope you enjoy the forth coming summer riding months
    Hey thanks for that Insomnia, that's a big help and yeah, can't wait for my bike to be here.
    Cheers.
    Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed
    Find a reputable insurance broker. I have had one for about 18 years when I started out needing commercial insurance. I was only in business a short time, but retained the services of the broker. They do all the hard work and shop around for the best deal for all my insurance needs. the only downside is that obviously they get a comission from the insurance companies, so they may have their favourites. That said, my lot do a complete review every 2-3 years to ensure that the prices are still sharp and the policy gives me what I want.
    Thanks for the sound advice Ecko.
    Cheers,
    Chaos.
    The above is good advice but a Plan B could be to contact the Honda Riders Club NZ,
    rob-at-hrcnz.co.nz (substituting a "@" for the "-at-") and tell them of your plans.

It costs $50.00 a year to join the HRC but that gets a 24/7 breakdown service. The cost of their insurance scheme is competitive and you don't have to fight for every cent should have to make a claim.
    im no insurance expert, but perhaps they are taking into account the cost of a write off, as well as the risk of a write off. perhaps the potentially higher value of the bikes you mentioned, means they are not considered worthwhile risks? though you'd have thought for the right premium they would insure anything.

strange indeed!

then again, the AA dont know much about cars either, so cant expect them to be logical when it comes to bikes
    www.kiwibike.co.nz or if you wish to e-mail Dave Hewer direct dave@kiwibike.co.nz or if you wish to chat on the phone to Dave 0800 629 253. There are I'm sure many more but I have found there pricing good I know of a few riders who have unfortunately had to make a claim or two & have mentioned the speed & ease of dealing with them, good luck & hope you enjoy the forth coming summer riding months
    Find a reputable insurance broker. I have had one for about 18 years when I started out needing commercial insurance. I was only in business a short time, but retained the services of the broker. They do all the hard work and shop around for the best deal for all my insurance needs. the only downside is that obviously they get a comission from the insurance companies, so they may have their favourites. That said, my lot do a complete review every 2-3 years to ensure that the prices are still sharp and the policy gives me what I want.
    You have barely scratched the surface.....many more good roads to come.
    Thanks Dutchee, was a blast of a day !
    The Puhoi pub does some decent meals. In Wellsford, the pub opposite the service station (before SH1) does good pizza and the coffee's aren't too bad (especially when it's crap outside).
    Sounds like you picked some decent roads, there are more out there for you to find