View RSS Feed

Touring the planet

Bike touring overseas.

1. morocco bound

The first glimpse of the UK after a summer spent in New Zealand was comforting. It is, in spring; a soft land, without the intensity of light and the raw,adolescent edge of the Coromandel landscape. The spring flowers and trees blush colour against the grey overcast sky.

In a few months, the Olympics will be held in London. And like the rugby World cup's impact, there is a dulux freshness about the airports,public buildings and roads. Union Jacks, bunting, billboards, ...
  2. Morocco and beyond

A New Year. A new challenge. That means a new motorbike tour.

Regular readers of this forum may recall my contribution last year, detailing my 21,000 km , 22 country swing through Europe on my 2008 Suzuki V Strom 650.

I finished the blog by hinting I was contemplating a tour of Morocco and Turkey in 2012. Well I have contemplated and I am off in April 2012 for a four month tour. This year the trip will not be entirely solo as a couple of friends want to join ...
  3. Riding around Europe

In early May I leave the mild winter of the Coromandel to spend three months riding my motorbike around Europe.

My route will take me from the UK, through the D Day beaches, down the Atlantic coasts of France and Spain, then Portugal. In mid June I will spend a week or so with friends in Spain, then it is off along the Med Coast to the sights of Italy, ferry to Greece , then through the Dalmatian coast , across to Austria, Czech Republic , Poland then up to the Baltic states . ...