View RSS Feed

General Bike Ravings

Biker culture, politics and general issues.

1. My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Clock and Fairing Stay Restore

While I was busy working on stripping my fork down for the project CBR400RR NC29 I of course need to order parts and so during that downtime I was busy working on the clocks, lights and front fairing stay mounts and brackets for the bike. The brackets were in an abysmal state as you can see here:

The front of the clocks look bad enough but the backs a total mess.
  2. My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike Part1 - Fork Rebuild

When I got my CBR400RR NC29 I knew I had a lot of work to do to make it presentable again in polite circles so i decided to get stuck right in and began stripping the old girls clothes off ready for a bit of much needed beauty therapy. I decided to start with her pins as its always good to see a pair of slim legs working well kitted up nicely and I had to do something. The no1 issue I had was that the garage I had my old girl stored in was more like damp leaky dungeon than a real workshop but its ...
  3. My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike Part2 - Fork Rebuild

And here they are with the new tubes and seals fitted, ready for fast and furious action, almost...

I also managed to find and ordered a set of collars as the ones on the legs were in bad shape.

I found that the old collars had been glued with some sort of epoxy onto the legs, ...
  4. My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction

I went crazy in the head a few months back as its been so long since I had a ride that I simply had to buy a bike. I am a bit of a fan of old school 400s and 250cc two strokes and often troll trademe and other online spots to see whats for sale out of curiosity (I am one of those people that watch auctions and don't bid often haha). While I was hunting a month of so back I came across a Honda CBR400RRN NC29 and the first thing that entered my head was the fun I had riding one at the dealership years ...