View RSS Feed

The Worlds only Triumph TT450 ...

Anything to do with Trini the Triumph TT450

1. Fixed the stupid throttle

So, the problem with the throttle sticking open has been found and fixed.

The cause of the problem goes back to the round at Hampton Downs where the throttle was originally sticking. The throttle cable would slip out of the adjuster (similar to the pic below) when I opened the throttle and would then catch on the edge when I closed the throttle, causing the throttle bodies to stay open.

Because of where this is located (between the frame and engine) I couldn't see the ...
  2. Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series Round 2 - PMCC @ Manfeild

Frustration. It's a very annoying word. A bloody nuisance when it applies to an entire weekend.

Metvuw said no rain so, thankfully, the wets kept collecting spiders webs in the shed.

Steve picked me up, we picked my bike up and hit the road. The drive down was uneventful and we got there in time to leave the trailer at the track so we didn't have to fight for a space the next morning. A burger and chips eaten on the bonnet of the car and we were ...
  3. AMCC round 3

AMCC Round 3

I am so sore. It's been a while since I had so much fun on a motorbike so I'm not surprised I'm all aches and pains today.

This time we thought it'd be best to get to the track nice and early as things took quite a while to work through at round 1 so I picked up Michael just after 6:00am and we headed for Hampton Downs.

When we arrived we had a quick scout around to figure out where we could pit. Last time we were pitted between ...
  4. Okay, okay ...

I am officially changing the name of my bike to Snoopy. Satisfied now?? Bastards.
  5. AMCC round 1

I'd been waiting to race at Hampton Downs for quite a while now, especially as I've done a few laps on it at track days. Unfortunately things didn't go quite as we wanted for a number of reasons.

I picked up Michael (one of the guys I work with) at 6:30am as he had volunteered to help me out in the pits for the day. He'd never done anything like it before but has always been interested in motor sport.

After a nice quiet drive to Hampton Downs we arrived ...
  6. So, this racing lark ....

Vic Club, Round 4, The Return of the Novel (Hear Frenchy Sigh)

I decided ages back that seeing as I'd gotten my hands on a very cheap race bike I'd have a stab at this racing lark and chose Round 4 to be the meeting at which I popped the cherry.

The lead up to Round 4 was going to be busy as there was lots to do, but I had a plan and it was all under control. Right up until I got knocked on my arse by one of the nasty flu bugs that've been going around. All of a sudden ...
  7. Paint and stickers ...

Made up the stickers for my bike.

Converting the Illustrator cymk file to a jpg then a gif really farks up the colours (greens and orange especially) but at least it looks mostly the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-stickers.gif 
Views:	95 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	214866

She's been painted all white (actually white with a touch of yellow tint and black tint) by my uncle, an automotive painter up until he retired 3 months ago. It's a very nice job and my brother and I had a good weekend hanging out with ...
  8. Trini does Hampton Downs .... THIS time!! - part 2

I put a vid in the original thread, but here's another couple that I was asked to put up.

This first one is later in the same session as the other one. I ended up chasing Quasi's R1 and was getting ready to pass him when I found a false neutral going into turn #5. He pissed off and one of the bikes I'd passed early got back past me. This is just after that.

This second vid was from playing around mounting the camera ...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast